9:30 am fight too early????

andnickali

I'm booked a Carnival cruise almost two years ago and even with the best of planning I didn't realize that we were sailing out the Sunday after Thanksgiving. So, airfare is obviously high coming and going. We are flying in early to avoid the really big jump in fare. The cheapest departure flight is a 9:30 from FLL. The ship is in FLL so if we do self assist does anybody think that would be possible. I know last year we were in Miami and did self assist and were at the airport waiting for our flight by 9:00.

Personally, I wouldn't want to worry the whole cruise about making the flight. However, I think that if you tell the pursuer's desk, they do make arrangement for people to get off the ships for very early flights...atleast that is what I have heard. What time are you set to disembark (is it 8 or 9)? Take into consideration traffic and the new laws which require you to be at the airport 2 hours in advance - even if you arrive just 1 hour prior to departure...it seems like you would be cutting it very close.

I personally wouldnt do it, but as long as your ship gets in on time you should be able to make it, by doing self assist.Customs for those doing self assist is a joke. They barely make eye contact with your or your forms.

The Airport is less than 3 miles from the cruise port.

Take into consideration traffic and the new laws which require you to be at the airport 2 hours in advance - even if you arrive just 1 hour prior to departure...it seems like you would be cutting it very close.

What new law is this?

I too take chances on early flights...However, never any earlier than 10:30. The major problem I see will be with your luggage at the Airport. Most airlines now require baggage checked in 45 min to 1 hour before departure. Therefore while it would be highly likely you would be able to make it to the Airport (self assist debarkation)...I would be concerned you would be cutting it to close and be unable to check your luggage.

NO way would I book that flight. All things working in your favor, of coarse its possible, but you've left yourself no room for even the slightest diviation from the perfect disembarkation and smoothest of airport check in and getting through security. Can't imagine why I'd want to do that do myself at the end of a relaxing cruise :confused:

I'm booked a Carnival cruise almost two years ago and even with the best of planning I didn't realize that we were sailing out the Sunday after Thanksgiving. So, airfare is obviously high coming and going. We are flying in early to avoid the really big jump in fare. The cheapest departure flight is a 9:30 from FLL. The ship is in FLL so if we do self assist does anybody think that would be possible. I know last year we were in Miami and did self assist and were at the airport waiting for our flight by 9:00.

absolutely, 100% NO

I did the Liberty from Ft. Lauderdale over Thanksgiving in 2005. Even though we did self-assist, we weren't off the ship until 10:00am. It was literally chaos since it was a maximum occupancy sailing, customs was taking its time, and it seemed like the entire ship had the same idea of doing self-assist. The line extended beyond our view.

If you miss this flight (and there's a HUGE chance that you will) now you're looking at having to be rebooked on a later flight on Thanksgiving Sunday (either you won't get out that day, or you might have to pay some BIG bucks to be confirmed last minute on a later flight).

There is no way that I would stress myself over that.... we have had flawless disembarkations that would have been no problem and we have had times where we were late getting into port- weather- late because of customs.....no way for me!

absolutely, 100% NO

If you miss this flight (and there's a HUGE chance that you will) now you're looking at having to be rebooked on a later flight on Thanksgiving Sunday (either you won't get out that day, or you might have to pay some BIG bucks to be confirmed last minute on a later flight).

Re-read his post...they are sailing out the Sunday after Turkeyday.

Re-read his post...they are sailing out the Sunday after Turkeyday.

I stand corrected. I thought they were sailing back on that Sunday. Even then, I don't think that a 9:30am flight would be the wisest thing to do...

After reading all the posts, I went back and actually read the header.....is 9:30AM too early to have a fight? Well, only if you haven't had your first cup of coffee yet. Gotta get those eyes opened good and your reflexes up and running before you have that fight.

Of course, I'm kidding....no fights before noon.

Archived