Bliss Jewelers at Havensight Mall-any experience?

Ocean Boy

I was wondering if anyone here has had any experience dealing with Bliss Jewelers in Havensight Mall at the cruise ship pier? I was speaking with them when I was in St. Thomas and was very comfortable with them but have had difficulty getting them to respond to e-mails since I returned home and have telephoned twice with no answer.

I am just curious as to anyone elses experiences dealing with them. Thanks

Bliss is a new store in Havensight It is the son of a very knowledgeable and promenient local family. There are a member of the Havensight Merchants Association which quarantees your purchase for 30 days. I would not hesitate to deal with them.

Thanks very much for the reply. Since writing this I have been in conact with them. They have more than put to rest any concerns that I had with the initial issue of communication. If fact, since re-establishing contact with them after my return home I have had multiple phone calls from them and they have been very helpful in answering questions. And they really have not tried to apply any pressure it getting me to make a decision about a possible purchase.

Thanks again for your reply.

• 7 months later...

I did go ahead and purchase from Bliss. The appraisal on the item that I got here in the States came in at almost exactly what Bliss told me it would.... and I paid substantially less for it.

I am looking forward to returning to the shop when I am in St. Thomas next March. I would have no issue with recommending Bliss to anyone.

Edited by Ocean Boy

• 1 year later...

We just made a shocking discovery that our ring we got last year from bliss is a fake!

Yes we were stupid, and paid the price.. Not sure what can be done now. We have the phony paperwork, but I'm sure it won't go anywhere..

Please make sure u have all gems tested before u buy!

Don't end up sobbing like I'm doing now! It has made a great memory and experience like a nightmare...

We just made a shocking discovery that our ring we got last year from bliss is a fake!

Yes we were stupid, and paid the price.. Not sure what can be done now. We have the phony paperwork, but I'm sure it won't go anywhere..

Please make sure u have all gems tested before u buy!

Don't end up sobbing like I'm doing now! It has made a great memory and experience like a nightmare...

Could you please elaborate on what was fake about the ring? I would be very interested to hear.

Ocean, well after a long night of crying and wondering how the heck this could have happend...

We called Bliss this am, we spoke with the owner Majage?? He was very confident in his product, he asked that we please go to a gemologist not a jeweler and get back to him with our finding, he was very nice calm cool and collected..

So after a visit to a gemologist an hour ago, it turns our my ring is very real and we got a great deal on it, the appraisal from Bliss was on point and we were on our way.

The jeweler last night used a tester which turns out you can buy for 10 bucks on any corner and isnt very conclusive...he stated it came up as mossinate? which my ring clearly isn't as there is no yellow in it.

Needless to say, i was very very happy to find out the jeweler was wrong and not my ring or Bliss...

I have spoken with Majage, and he was very understanding and was right on about what he said, i told him we will be back in 2 months to pay him a visit...

So that was my drama for the last day, and am back to wearing my ring with pride!..

I guess that idiot jeweler needs a phone call now too, about how he has lost our business...

Buy Bliss :)

• Like 1

I am happy that everything turned out well for you. I have been to Bliss several times since I started this thread and I have been very happy with them. But I certainly would still have been interested on other's experiences. I would have also been quite surprised if they sold a fake anything. I know the gentleman that you talked with but I usually deal with Levin. They have both seemed honest to me.

Again, I'm glad to hear that it turned out well.

Edited by Ocean Boy

Thanks me too!!!

The only thing i can figure is the guy we dealt with up here and usually buy from was a bit upset we had been buying from the islands, but dang with service like what we got last night i dont plan on ever stepping foot into his store again!

And i as u can tell we pretty confident it was real the past 11 months, but to hear the word fake lastnight set me on fire...

Anyway, we are looking forward to some diamond earrings in a couple months hopefully from Bliss and will again say we are sorry.. :)

After all the times shopping in Havensight Bliss seems to have the best prices and the best drinks for that matter..

• 3 months later...

I bought an appraised ring/bracelet set of $16,000 and when I got home it appraised at that, but within a month one stone had fallen out. They told me to send it to NY and I did for $145, they repaired it and had it for over a month and then charged me another $145. A few months later another stone fell out and now my local jeweler has had to completely rebuild my ring as all of the stones were loose and my braclet also had to be tightened. Bliss Jewelry will not respond to us anymore. So my experience with them has not been good. Beware.

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 9 months later...

My family has been shopping with them the last 5 years. It always is great joy walking in Bliss. It is conveniently located in Havensight where the ships dock in building 1. We have been going to the islands every year the past 12 years and have shopped in many jewelry stores. However, we find Bliss to have exquisite jewelry and the price is fair. We get our jewelry appraised by an independent appraiser and it always appraises for more. Service has always been great. It is a family business and you really feel at home when you visit them. There is not much pressure just blissful. I strongly recommend Bliss Jewelers!!

• 2 years later...
  • 3 years later...

I know this is an old thread but I thought I would post my experience.  I am very angry at Bliss Jewellery in St. Thomas.  In March 2019, I purchased a while gold tennis bracelet.  I was told verbally that it was 1 carat of total diamonds.  On their own "appraisal", it states .97 carats (so they verbally upped it a bit).  When I had my bracelet appraised back at home, the bracelet only had .63 total carat weight.  I contacted the store and at first the owner said that "he would make me happy" and then they never replied to an email again.  Total scam!!!  They know I am not travelling back to St. Thomas in the near future and they got me.  It isn't a Carnival recommended store so there is no warranty whatsoever.  This was a huge mistake on my part for shopping here.  BEWARE!!!!