What is Carnival's Ultimate Balcony Cabin?

winddawn

Sure was hoping that they had loungers. I have seen pictures of other Spirit-Class ships and they have them. Wonder why on some and not on others? I have also read where people asked their Cabin Steward and they appeared. Thanks!

We were on Spirit in Feb and they still had "those chairs." Had the aft wraparound and NO loungers (fire hazard :confused: :confused: ) But not to worry, those blue web chairs are very comfortable IMO.

Thanks KRUZNKEL for the photos of #7440 on the Freedom!!! Did you feel that this cabin was cramped for space? Would you chose it again? It just sort of appears that way from the photos. Also, is that the mini-bar on the right when you come in from the hallway? The aft balcony is just awesome. Too bad we have to wait over a year to enjoy it.

Thanks KRUZNKEL for the photos of #7440 on the Freedom!!! Did you feel that this cabin was cramped for space? Would you chose it again? It just sort of appears that way from the photos. Also, is that the mini-bar on the right when you come in from the hallway? The aft balcony is just awesome. Too bad we have to wait over a year to enjoy it.

No problem.. no we did not find it cramped at all.. plenty of space to move around.. of course we would chose it again that was our second aft wrap we have had 7445 on the Conquest as well.. yes that is the fridge with the mini bar inside it to the right as you come in the hallway.. perfect place to have the room service tray placed;) You will enjoy it no worries:D

Wow, Tom. Your cruise went really fast. Seems like just yesterday you said you were gettin' ready to get on the boat. Did you have a good time? You want to share a picture of that balcony??

Had a great time, thanks! It is amazing how quickly time seems to pass once you are on the ship!!

Having previously sailed in that cabin, we did not take any new interior or balcony pictures.

Tom

Thanks again KRUZNKEL! I really appreciate your input on #7440 on the Freedom. This trip will be for a very special anniversary and I just wanted to make sure that it's something that I would feel comfortable in for 12 days. I'm going to book it right away before someone else does.

Trudy

Has anyone ever stayed in Spirit class balcony cabin 8232? It has a really long balcony. Looks about double the size of the cabin, then there is another cabin next to it that has the same size, but the balcony is "the other way" so the 2 meet. We always book those aft wraps, but for the lst part of our B2B they were already booked, so we got this cabin. Looks good on the deck plans. :)

Wanted to add my feedback on a Spirit class (Pride) Cat 11 aft wrap. My DH and I were in cabin 6260. Our sailing was March 2-9, 2008.

I had a love/hate relationship with this cabin. I just think this cabin has a lot of wasted space. The hallway and bar area are a waste. The sitting area is a joke. You are elbow to elbow if you want to watch tv, have a room service snack, use the tiny end table and sit in the 2 chairs. This cabin would have added so much more room if they could have used the makeup/vanity room to add to the space. There are floor to ceiling windows the length of the cabin, which is nice. The bedroom is fine, closet was kind of small. We needed several extra hangers, brought to us in a timely manner. We loved the spa tub, don't need 2 sinks in the bathroom.

The balcony: Well, yes it is large, with a wonderful wake view. Yes, we had a soot issue. You have to remember to wipe off your chair everytime you sit down. Even if you go in for a drink, when you come out, you could have soot on your chair. You also have to remember to wipe your feet well on the mat right inside the door from the balcony. Our carpet was spotted with soot from the balcony that had been tracked in. On arrival, we only had the 2 new upright chairs and metal table. I asked our steward for a lounger and he said it was against fire rules. The second morning, our steward showed up with another facilities type person, carrying a lounge chair into our cabin. He told me they had just brought the new fire-proof chairs on in Long Beach. Cool! Except for the fact that they couldn't get it out on the balcony because of the narrow space between that dratted makeup room and the balcony door. At that point, I was so frustrated, I wanted them to saw it in half and get some duct tape and put it back together (JK)! They ended up going into the cabin around the curve, opening the divider, and bringing it in that way. Yes! This proved to be important, as the pool decks were so windy and cold on this sailing, our aft cabin was the only place I could lay out and read on a few days.

Bottom line: Would I choose this cabin again? Probably not. A little too cramped in the living area. Only place you could have visitors is on the balcony. Liked that you could shut off the bedroom from the rest of the cabin. DH is an early riser, I am so not. This is one of those cabins that you have to try, it may or may not fit your lifestyle.

which med cruise are you considering? We are booked on the Grand Med..Rome/Venice etc..which is why we opted for the wrap around!!!

Here are some pics of the L shaped rooms, These are of the Conquest and not sure who's pictures they are. They give a good idea of what the others are like. I feel the L - Shaped rooms are the best for their price range. I have to agree that there are some that are better but for me these work out great.

http://travel.webshots.com/photo/1321057167068314652KDHmvH

Thanks for the pics of the L shaped cabin.

Has anyone here stayed in one? Did you find the cabin space small. The balcony looks nice though.

Looking at these two cabins in the Victory which one looks the best? Soooo confused..!

6207 (front of ship)OR

6459 (back of ship)

which med cruise are you considering? We are booked on the Grand Med..Rome/Venice etc..which is why we opted for the wrap around!!!

We are also going on that same itinerary, but in late May. Our anniversary is in June, but we thought that it might be a little bit cooler and the cost is less per person by going earlier. We've had aft cabins before (and loved it) and also thought that this was the perfect trip for another one. Not sure which is the best side of the ship to be on though.

We are also going on that same itinerary, but in late May. Our anniversary is in June, but we thought that it might be a little bit cooler and the cost is less per person by going earlier. We've had aft cabins before (and loved it) and also thought that this was the perfect trip for another one. Not sure which is the best side of the ship to be on though.

I am a little confused also on the best side also. We took 7440 on the Freedom so I hope I picked right!!! Either way, we will have a great time..Have you done the med before?

Mel

I am a little confused also on the best side also. We took 7440 on the Freedom so I hope I picked right!!! Either way, we will have a great time..Have you done the med before?

Mel

No, we have not been to the Med before. We are so excited about this trip. We've been on quite a few cruises, but none this far from home. We plan on going a few days early to see some of Rome and to try and let our bodies adjust to the time change before we get on the ship. We're leaning toward booking #7440 also. From looking at the map of the itinerary it seems to be the best view on the port side(?) Is this your first time to the Med?

No, we have not been to the Med before. We are so excited about this trip. We've been on quite a few cruises, but none this far from home. We plan on going a few days early to see some of Rome and to try and let our bodies adjust to the time change before we get on the ship. We're leaning toward booking #7440 also. From looking at the map of the itinerary it seems to be the best view on the port side(?) Is this your first time to the Med?

Yep first time to the Med for us also, and we also are going to stay in Rome for three nights before...trying to look at hotels there also..

Re 7440 on Freedom, we love balcony time,so I think it will be perfect for us. Actual cabin size does not bother me too much,my last two cruises were insides..lol..took the kids so inside we go when we take them!!! The med is just us so balcony time is very important..

There is a couple that has their own website. They have cruised ALL OVER. It's been posted on here a few times and to read their journals is amazing. Darned if I can remember...it's going to keep me up all night!!! :confused: :eek: Her name is Carol...they went on a Med cruise and we were thinking of it, and I got the name of a really great hotel in Rome. Right on the Rialto. Maybe someone will know and can tell you their website??? Fingers crossed. Have a great cruise and happy planning.

We had the corner wrap on Conquest and Valor both on deck 7. We never heard any noise like the chairs in fact we thought it was the least noisy cabin we had ever been in. We also had no soot at all. I had a corner aft on Mariner of the Seas and we had to wipe the chairs down everyday. We are in the corner aft on deck 7 again for our Destiny cruise and cant wait. The wrap balcony on the Spirit looks awesome and would definately book one of those.

My Cousin and I are going on the Legend in Sept. She and I are both handicap and got a cabin to fit a wheel chair it is 7303.. Is there anyone out there that has had this cabin? Or any pictures? It is a Spirit type ship so someone has had to stayed in this cabin..On the carnival site it looks like the balcony can accomodate a wheel chair...

Send pics please

thenks

Linda

My Cousin and I are going on the Legend in Sept. She and I are both handicap and got a cabin to fit a wheel chair it is 7303.. Is there anyone out there that has had this cabin? Or any pictures? It is a Spirit type ship so someone has had to stayed in this cabin..On the carnival site it looks like the balcony can accomodate a wheel chair...

Send pics please

thenks

Linda

We haven't booked this room, but it's an extended balcony, so it should be as deep as the balcony in my pic a few posts up, though not as wide. I would think it would accommodate a wheelchair quite easily.

Archived