Miami shopping - looking to buy a laptop

bubbles30

Hi - we will be cruising from Miami in April and were looking to purchase a laptop......but we live in the UK.

Has anyone had any experience of this or advice for us? Will it work in the UK? Can we just change the cable?

Any help much appreciated.

Babs

Hi - we will be cruising from Miami in April and were looking to purchase a laptop......but we live in the UK.

Has anyone had any experience of this or advice for us? Will it work in the UK? Can we just change the cable?

Any help much appreciated.

Babs

I would try and find a Best Buy store, the help is very well trained & can answer all kinds of questions. They even helped me:rolleyes: . Good luck.

Jan

Try looking up a store called BrandSmart -- they are only located in a select few states, and tend to have -really- good prices on electronics - even better than Best Buy.

Good luck :)

Brandsmart, hands down. I personally hate the atmosphere of the store (it's too busy, too much like a circus) but the prices can't be beat.

But, how are you going to use this in the UK given the differences in the electrical current? I travel to England frequently so am familiar with this.

Try looking up a store called BrandSmart -- they are only located in a select few states, and tend to have -really- good prices on electronics - even better than Best Buy.

Good luck :)

thats what we need to know! Can we adapt it to use here?

I believe the laptop makes no difference where you use it since it runs on dc power either from its own battery or from an adapter. The answer is to buy another adapter for it when you get back home to transform your home current. Having the U.S. adapter might seem like an extra expense, but you will always have it for subsequent visits over here .

When I travel to England, we used adaptors that we purchase on the military base (but I am allowd access there). It allows us to use our US electronics on european electrical current. You really need to check that out in England before you purchase here. Any computer dealer there can explain it to you.

Prices...compared to the pound, anything you buy will obviously be a bargain.

What prices are we looking at?

approximately!

A possible store to consider: http://www.tigerdirect.com/. The store front is in Miami.

Will it work? Yes - the AC/DC converter will work with the right plug. I have used a US purchased laptop in the UK many times. Just buy a new cord when you get home.

Nothing like 1/2 off shopping!

Archived