First freestyle cruise....don't get it.

tripman

It wasn't a review. He was talking about some other issue and just threw this zinger in. No one even commented on it-they know NCL is a 2nd class line :rolleyes:

And I believe it was a totally contrived zinger. Anyone who has REALLY booked a Garden Villa knows it is called a Garden Villa not a Villa Garden.:rolleyes:

PE

It's whatever! :rolleyes: I am not going to come to the rescue for any cruiseline...peoples experiences are what they are! If it was a bad experience-so sorry....if good-thats great! NCL got my $3000+, so I am hoping for a great experience, and getting what I paid for. :cool: Can't wait!!

Nuf said!

Don't you love it? Rave reviews about the suite then bam.......2nd class cruise line. I hope that this was only part of the review and at least he went on to explain why NCL is a 2nd class cruise line. LOL

He must really love this second class cruiseline. He's got two more trips booked on NCL. I guess when you compare it with others that are twice as much, it may be second class, but it fits me just fine. I look like a gorilla in a tux anyway.

Da Bear

He must really love this second class cruiseline. He's got two more trips booked on NCL. I guess when you compare it with others that are twice as much, it may be second class, but it fits me just fine. I look like a gorilla in a tux anyway.

Da Bear

See thats the stuff that really *isses people off. He calls them 2nd class yet books two more cruises? What a joke! LOL

It's whatever! :rolleyes: I am not going to come to the rescue for any cruiseline...peoples experiences are what they are! If it was a bad experience-so sorry....if good-thats great! NCL got my $3000+, so I am hoping for a great experience, and getting what I paid for. :cool: Can't wait!!

Nuf said!

And if you get what you pay for, and are happy, you won't respond, and be astounded at people who go on the same cruise you did and complain about how horrible everything was?

I'm not talking about individual service or even the taste of food. Service can vary and everyone has their own tastes. But when you see people complaining about how dirty the ship was, how they were hounded to buy drinks, how the buffet food was cold, how no one on the ship ever smiled or greeted them, etc. etc. etc. and your experience on the same ship was exactly the opposite, human nature will kick in and you will most likely respond.

It's not defending the cruise line, it's not being able to resist clicking "reply" to share your positive experience.

See thats the stuff that really *isses people off. He calls them 2nd class yet books two more cruises? What a joke! LOL

I don't think he's cruising with NCL again. From same post:

We are very experienced cruisers. Last month we took the Queen Mary 2 on a 13 day cruise from NYC to the Panama Canal and in June we are flying to England to join the Queen Victoria on a twelve day cruise to Norway. With Cunard we always book Queen Grill accomodation

I don't think he's cruising with NCL again. From same post:

We are very experienced cruisers. Last month we took the Queen Mary 2 on a 13 day cruise from NYC to the Panama Canal and in June we are flying to England to join the Queen Victoria on a twelve day cruise to Norway. With Cunard we always book Queen Grill accomodation

I have to say that with this gentlemen's obvious funding, and the cruise lines that he has sailed, his post was correct. NCL is a 2nd class cruise line for sure! LOL

And if you get what you pay for, and are happy, you won't respond, and be astounded at people who go on the same cruise you did and complain about how horrible everything was?

I'm not talking about individual service or even the taste of food. Service can vary and everyone has their own tastes. But when you see people complaining about how dirty the ship was, how they were hounded to buy drinks, how the buffet food was cold, how no one on the ship ever smiled or greeted them, etc. etc. etc. and your experience on the same ship was exactly the opposite, human nature will kick in and you will most likely respond.

It's not defending the cruise line, it's not being able to resist clicking "reply" to share your positive experience.

I am not astounded by anything, anyone says! LOL :p

On every cruise I have been on, we have had a blast! (even when I vomited for hours with seasickness-the days before that were great! :rolleyes: )I have shared many great experiences on the boards...I love cruising.:) I am not saying there were no negitives...because nothing is perfect....but if cold food on the buffet is something that really bothers someone, me telling them that my food was warm or hot, doesnt really mean alot. Their experiences are just that, their experiences...they dont care that I disagree. So if I say they shouldnt complain about cold food, they just take that as a slam, that I am downing their opinion or experience.

I just think everyone should lighten up, enjoy the good things on the cruise (whatever line you sail on), forget the bad, roll with the punches and have fun!:D With that said, I dont think there is anything wrong with pointing out what you liked and didnt like about the cruise...isnt that what these boards are about..sharing experiences? ;)

Trust me it happens. It does not happen as frequently as it happens here but it does happen. I think there are a few from other lines that see it as sport to come over here are rile up the regulars.

PE

By the way, who are the "regulars"? :confused:

This could be why some are offended, because, they are considered outsiders by the "regulars"...just a thought.

By the way, who are the "regulars"? :confused:

This could be why some are offended, because, they are considered outsiders by the "regulars"...just a thought.

Each lines board here at CC have what some consider "regulars" or are more frequently called "cheerleaders". They are the ones that show up first (usually) when there is something posted that could be considered disparaging about their favorite line. It not so much treating others as outsiders but defending "their" line against perceived abuse.

PE

Each lines board here at CC have what some consider "regulars" or are more frequently called "cheerleaders". They are the ones that show up first (usually) when there is something posted that could be considered disparaging about their favorite line. It not so much treating others as outsiders but defending "their" line against perceived abuse.

PE

WOW! Do you own stock in NCL too? ;)

Well your not exactlly correct on that information,at least on the Spirit anyway, my son was turned away on lobster night, he was in the wrong for wearing shorts. He opted to eat with his friends in raffles, while the adults stayed. Before we finished dinner, three other families got up from the dinner table with less than the "acquired" attire! You either Hate "freestlying" or you Love it !............ We HATED IT !! and won't curise again with NCL, it just didn't work for the 3 families of us that tried it.

You either Hate "freestlying" or you Love it !............ We HATED IT !! and won't curise again with NCL, it just didn't work for the 3 families of us that tried it.

Yes, it tends to be a love or hate relationship. Sorry it wasn't your cup of tea but I hope you had a great cruise anyway. And have fun wherever you may sail next!:)

he had one guy, on the spirit...all he packed was shorts. he was a older gentleman and his wife was fuming. he had cargo shorts, wore them all week. i saw them at the reservations desk...the 1st time. almost had the poor girl in tears. hie wife wanted reservations to a couple of the specialities, they would get the time they wanted...then ask "is there a dress code". if i was that wife, he would be eating at the buffet and i would be eating everywhere else.

they did seat them in the main dinings, but only because wife was in tears and his was loud and rude.

sorry freestyle didn't work for you. we loved the spirit and only do freestyling. never deciding where to eat until we left our cabin.

seriously, hubby was checking cruises..a couple of days ago...he was naming off cruiselines. when i told him about dining choices ..it was a no-go.

different people need different cruises...that's why there are so many cruiselines.

Just curious do the cabin doors not have the security bar or deadbolt to prevent these kind of invasions...i.e. like a typical hotel room?
our friends in cabin 6566 couldn't get theirs to lock most of the week ! and our safe was ripped off the shelf, where you could walk out the door with it, but no need to, because it never locked either! Maintenance did screw it back into the shelf #6555 but never got it to lock !

Posted prior to the cruise by Gordon Fisherman:

MikeAcy, Get out of dodge while you can! We float out 3/23/08 out of NOLA on a bum ship ! We paid full price with no refund or credit, get your $$'s worth on a good ship! One that lets you spend the time you paid for in ports of call. Our stops are shortened, we actually are getting cheated, but what are we going to do? GET OUT WHILE YOU CAN!

Looks like he made his mind up way prior to the cruise that he wasn't going to enjoy himself.

Posted prior to the cruise by Gordon Fisherman:

MikeAcy, Get out of dodge while you can! We float out 3/23/08 out of NOLA on a bum ship ! We paid full price with no refund or credit, get your $$'s worth on a good ship! One that lets you spend the time you paid for in ports of call. Our stops are shortened, we actually are getting cheated, but what are we going to do? GET OUT WHILE YOU CAN!

Looks like he made his mind up way prior to the cruise that he wasn't going to enjoy himself.

Yep,

I've read some real humdingers on this board. One lady was mad at NCL because her daughter got an ear ache and nobody checked to see how she was doing. My own doctor does check on me unless it is serious.

Then her husband got sick and nobody checked on him. Okay... so?

The last cruise I was on there was this little guy looked like Icabod Crane running around the buffet going "Jam! Jam! Doesn't anyone speak English? I want Jam!" Pardon me, but these crew members speak more languages fluently than I do and I would imagine than he does, since he can't seem to get any jam.

The list is endless on what people let ruin their fun. Relax. Enjoy life. I could actually see where have a large group would be difficult on NCL at dinner, but you know what? You don't always have to dine with the group. Freestyling is one of the things I like about NCL. I can eat at 5:30 pm in a nice dining room and go to bed early or go catch a show or whatever or I can eat late. It works for me.

Archived