Zaandam Bow???

TomAndJane

I have searched and searched on how you get to the Zaandam bow. Can someone please tell us how to get there and if it is opened during Inside Passage days. I know from other postings that it is opened on Glacier Bay day. Also on Verandah deck there is forward deck space. Can you get to if from that floor or do you have to take the stairs to it.

Thanks and sorry if this is a repeat question.

The easiest way to the bow on the Zaandam, (all the S- and R-class ships) is to head forward through the show lounge on Promenade Deck. I use starboard side, but will bet that port side works, too.

Head along the aisle toward doors that are marked (in some fashion) for no admittance. Go through the doors. There's probably a second set of doors about 3-4 feet further on; go through those. Keep heading forward, past the staircase, toward the open doorway to the bow.

If that doorway to the bow is not open, I wouldn't touch it.

I'm sure the bow is rarely open for passengers while the ship is at sea. It's open for Glacier Bay, and the Panama Canal. The bow on the Rotterdam was open for scenic cruising on my recent cruise in Antarctica, and was open the entire time I sailed the Stockholm archipeligo.

When the ship is moving slowly, and there's little to no wind, it's a great place for viewing.

Archived