We Left Our Hearts On Seven Seas Navigator

Maineac

Firstly, I would like to thank the folks on this board....You all have been an indispensable resource of information for which we are grateful!!

We returned yesterday from our first Regent cruise...14 nights on the Seven Seas Navigator. Indeed, we fell in love with the ship and her wonderful crew. From the moment we stepped foot on the ship, they made us feel like long lost family members. The warmth and caring shown to the passengers by the Navigator's crew, was a true joy.

The food ranged from good to excellent..... We enjoyed our breakfasts at Portofino's Grill. We thought the selection and quality of the food was exceptional. Many mornings we would dine al fresco on Portofino's deck. What a lovely way to start our day. The service, as always, was impeccable. Lunch was another gastronomic delight. Between Portofino's and the Pool Grill BBQ buffets, one could always find just what they wanted. Most dinners were spent at Compass Rose. For the most part the food was excellent, but on occasion we found the food fell short.....The wine selection throughout the cruise, was excellent.

We dined twice at Portofino's. The first week, they had their Italian themed extravaganza, which we thoroughly enjoyed. The second week they switched from an Italian theme to "Portofino's Steak House." Unfortunately, we were unimpressed with the transformation. Most of the meal, ie, salad, bread, carving station, was buffet style. This is not our idea of luxury. As a rule, we don't mind buffets for breakfast or lunch but for dinner, we prefer being served.

Our cabin was 631. The location was great. We loved the walk-in closet and found more then enough storage space for our two week journey.

Our cabin attendent,Yanti, kept our cabin spotless and well appointed. The bathroom was another treat. I enjoyed taking a bubble bath in the full sized tub each night. (something I hardly ever find the time to do at home) I do think it's time for new towels and linens. They're looking a bit tattered and worn.

In closing, I would like to say, what made this cruise so wonderful for us, besides the above stated, was our fellow passengers. We loved having cocktails in the lounge before dinner and sitting at a large table in the Compass Rose. We met the most delightful people. My husband and I are in our late 40's and mid 50's. Although the average age on the ship was a bit more advanced, we found ourselves perfectly comfortable.

We booked another cruise for next year while on board. And so, the countdown begins.

Cheers,

Judy

Thanks for the great review Judy. I'm sailing on the Navigator for the first time in November. Have loved the 3 other Regent ships, but always slightly nervous when trying a different one. Your descriptions make it sound I will be just as happy with the Navigator as I have been on the others. So glad it was a positive experience for you. But now you will be hooked and become addicted like so many of us. It's a great addiction to have though. I never want to be cured!!

Betty

Great review! We were on Navigator for New Year's and loved the trip as well, despite the fact that the weather was up and down. We booked while on board also, 3/11/09. We're now under a year for that trip.

Cate, we're also booked on the 3/11 cruise...We tried to do a B2B, but she's chartered for much of March & April......For the most part, the weather on our cruise was wonderful. We did have two "bumpy" nights but nothing we couldn't handle.

Judy

We, too, are on the 3/11/09 Navigator !!! We've started a list of folks on that sailing, so send me an e-mail if you want to connect and begin the planning ... oldavis3@aol.com

We are at the Ft. Lauderdale airport having just left the Mariner and if you have not cruised from here it's a breeze. We stayed at the Sheraton Yankee Trader for a one-night precruise ... it was OK, but there are a ton of hotels near the port and I would choolse your lodging based more on pricing than amenities (unless your precruise is for several days).

I started a "ROLL CALL" for this cruise

on the roll call section of CC.

Looked around and searched before I did it and could not find

one already started.

(P.S. It is under all other cruise lines)

Archived