Manzanillo Las Hadas information

michelle2

We just got back from the Spirit 3/21 - 3/29. We had a nice day at Las Hadas in Manzanillo. There wasn't a lot of information on these boards when I was doing by planning, so I thought I'd post some of the prices and informaton for those of you thinking of going.

Day use pass $30

The paper they gave us after we paid states $25 for kids 6-12. My kids are 9 and 12 and they charged us $30 each for them. They just looked in the taxi and said $120.

We received coupons worth $120 (actually 1200 pecos, but the conversion is 1 to 10). The coupons can be used for food, drinks, and chairs.

Beach tent with 2 lounge chairs $30

Beach tent with 3 lounge chairs $45

Beach tent with 4 lounge chairs $60

We got there about noon and all the beach tents were gone. I think we got the last two chairs around the pool (they were free). There were tons of Carnival people there. If you have your heart set on a beach tent, get there early.

We had some food and drinks at the pool. They will take your order and deliver it to your pool chair. Here are some prices on what we had:

Guacamole and chips $4 (really good)

Smoothies $3.50

Buffalo wings/ribs platter with cole slaw and fries $9

Shrimp and fish skewer with cole slaw and fries $9

Since we couldn't get a beach tent we ended up only spending about 1/2 of our coupons. The coupons are not good for the paddle boats or kayaks.

We really enjoyed the pool. We only dipped our toes in the ocean. The beach was smaller than I pictured. It was a nice resort to spend the day.

Feel free to ask questions...

Did you take a taxi there and if so, how much did you pay? Also if you got there at noon and it was too late for a beach tent, what time would you reccomend? Is it better to have a beach tent or were you satisified overall with the pool??

Did you take a taxi there and if so, how much did you pay? Also if you got there at noon and it was too late for a beach tent, what time would you reccomend? Is it better to have a beach tent or were you satisified overall with the pool??

The taxi was $15 from the ship to Las Hadas (4 people) and $12 back. I'm not sure why it is less on the way back. You'd think it would be the other way around, but I'd heard this from other people too. There was a whole line of taxis at the resort waiting for people. It was really nice and easy.

It is hard to say about arrival time in order to get a tent. I would guess maybe 11:00 or so. Lots of people were arriving when we were. I was happy at the pool. The only problem is that we were in direct sun the whole time. There is some shade around the pool, but the only chairs available were in the sun. So, I was satisifed with the pool, but if you want guaranteed shade then the beach tent is the way to go.

Is it possible to catch a cab to the resort and just hang out at one of the bars or something, and maybe grab some apps or lunch; or do you have to buy the passes amd coupons.

We are thinking of doing just as I described above, not necessarily spending the whole day there, maybe 2-3 relaxing hours or so..

It seems like you have to buy the day pass. There is a security shack that you pass through while still in the taxi. That is where you pay for the day pass. Since we didn't ask that specific question, I guess I am hesitant to say that they wouldn't let you do it, but I'd be surprised.

Is it possible to catch a cab to the resort and just hang out at one of the bars or something, and maybe grab some apps or lunch; or do you have to buy the passes amd coupons.

We are thinking of doing just as I described above, not necessarily spending the whole day there, maybe 2-3 relaxing hours or so..

All beaches in Mazanillo are free, you are paying to access the Las Hadas resort and use their facilities. If you are looking for something a little less involved, you could go to Playa Santiago or Playa Miramar. They are a little further down the main drag from Las Hadas but both are very nice beaches. We live on Playa Miramar in Club Santiago. It is a beautiful swimming beach with some decent waves. There is also an area called La Boquita on this beach which is a series of palapa covered restaurants. You can use their tables and chairs as long as you buy some food and drinks.

Playa Santiago also has some restaurants and there are always guys with banana boats looking to give rides. (for a price, of course!)

I've attached a picture of Playa Miramar, let me know if you would like any other info. You need to get out of the downtown area to really appreciate Manzanillo- plan this to be a beach day as there isn't much to see around the port and it really isn't a shopping town.

1503282295_PlayaMiramar.jpg.597a7f0e4e2ee91ac9cff629eb3f4d31.jpg

All beaches in Mazanillo are free, you are paying to access the Las Hadas resort and use their facilities. If you are looking for something a little less involved, you could go to Playa Santiago or Playa Miramar. They are a little further down the main drag from Las Hadas but both are very nice beaches. We live on Playa Miramar in Club Santiago. It is a beautiful swimming beach with some decent waves. There is also an area called La Boquita on this beach which is a series of palapa covered restaurants. You can use their tables and chairs as long as you buy some food and drinks.

Playa Santiago also has some restaurants and there are always guys with banana boats looking to give rides. (for a price, of course!)

I've attached a picture of Playa Miramar, let me know if you would like any other info. You need to get out of the downtown area to really appreciate Manzanillo- plan this to be a beach day as there isn't much to see around the port and it really isn't a shopping town.

Karfest -

Thanks for the info.. We've been to Manzanillo once or twice before, but looking for something a little different to do this time. As I mentioned, a reasonable cab ride/fair to a nice casual restaurant on the beach where we can relax for a few hours, and perhaps enjoy some decent food and a few drinks is what we're looking for.

If you have any recommendations along these lines, please let me know. We're not at all set on Las Hadas, this was just something that sounded interesting; as well as something we have not yet done.

Thanks again!

http://www.oceancluboasis.com/oasis/home.html

This is my favorite- the club has recently been redone and is very nice. It is on the opposite side of the city from the port, but you could make it in 20 minutes or so. Tell the taxi driver you want to go to the Oasis beach club in Club Santiago. Depending on the dates- I could walk over and join you for a drink! (the exchange rate has been hovering around 10.5-1 so divide the prices by 10 to get an approximate!)

Otherwise there are several place on the main drag ( La Madrid) where can eat beachfront- I like Bigotes or El Caribe. The swimming isn't so great because of the undertow but the beach is nice. This is in the Las Brisas area, a taxi driver could drop you almost anywhere along there and you will find something. Actually, there is a brand new beachfront Wal-Mart that is quite spectacular! I am not a Wal-Mart person in the US, but this one is nice. And it's the only place I can find Lean Cuisine:p

I hope this helps you have a fun filled day!

This is my favorite- the club has recently been redone and is very nice. It is on the opposite side of the city from the port, but you could make it in 20 minutes or so. Tell the taxi driver you want to go to the Oasis beach club in Club Santiago. Depending on the dates- I could walk over and join you for a drink! (the exchange rate has been hovering around 10.5-1 so divide the prices by 10 to get an approximate!)

Otherwise there are several place on the main drag ( La Madrid) where can eat beachfront- I like Bigotes or El Caribe. The swimming isn't so great because of the undertow but the beach is nice. This is in the Las Brisas area, a taxi driver could drop you almost anywhere along there and you will find something. Actually, there is a brand new beachfront Wal-Mart that is quite spectacular! I am not a Wal-Mart person in the US, but this one is nice. And it's the only place I can find Lean Cuisine:p

I hope this helps you have a fun filled day!

Thanks so much, this is exactly what we're looking for. Sounds like it will be a trip to The Oasis beach club for us! The prices look very reasonable as well..

What do you think a reasonable cab fare should be from the cruise terminal?

We're cruising in Nov, so it's a ways off, but if the dates and time work, we can definitely hook up for a drink (or two).. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

we spent our day at las hadas........by far our most relaxing and carefree day. We spent the entire day poolside. We ordered food and drinks..........with our coupons.........tipped 10.00 on top of the coupons........all in all a very cheap way to spend the day. the food and drinks were great and the pool was SO relaxing. If it got hot, jump in cool off, relax on the lounge chair until you got hot again.........and repeat!! The best port of our cruise on the Spirit!!

we spent our day at las hadas........by far our most relaxing and carefree day. We spent the entire day poolside. We ordered food and drinks..........with our coupons.........tipped 10.00 on top of the coupons........all in all a very cheap way to spend the day. the food and drinks were great and the pool was SO relaxing. If it got hot, jump in cool off, relax on the lounge chair until you got hot again.........and repeat!! The best port of our cruise on the Spirit!!

This sounds like a great place to relax and unwind. Is it wheelchair accessible? My DH is in a wheelchair and I would love for him to go with us and enjoy just the beauty of the resort.

I read on our cruise roll call that they were building a new cruise passenger terminal in Manzanillo, and that it was supposed to be completed toward the end of 2008.

Do you know anything about this, and can you give us an update on progress? We're thinking that it would be great if it was ready just in time for our visit there in November..

Thanks!

• 4 weeks later...

I've heard that Miramar is a good beach for boogie boarding... Is this the case? We are looking for a place with nice waves to boogie board and body surf. Any other suggestions for a place like this? Thanks!

We are heading to Manzanillo on Saturday and will be there for the month of June. I'll check on the terminal, the last I heard it was not going to happen becuase they wanted to put the money into the shipping part of the port rather than the cruiseling side, but that may have changed. It is a working port but it would be nice to offer a bit more to cruisers in the downtown area.

There is some excellent surf at parts of Playa Miramar, I'll post some shots of the surfers/boogie boarders for you.

Let me know if you have any other Manzanillo questions.

We will look forward to your posts from Manzanillo! We will not be going until December, and we will be on a cruise, so only a day in port, but we are already starting to look for information. Our main interest is in water related activities, and we are looking for beaches similar to those in Hawaii - if that's possible? Really nice sand and clear water with food available. Really like smallish areas - like Kapalua in Maui! Our family will be on this cruise during Christmas week, so any suggestions for areas that may be less crowded would be appreciated. There are nine of us - ages are from 17 to 75! We have in mind Playa Audiencia at the moment. How do you rate it? Look forward to your posts and THANK YOU for any information you can provide.

I want to chime in with Bucky3 and thank you for taking the time to supply info, Karfest. I will be going Nov 28th on a Cruise and only have one day in Manzanillo. I have been told the beaches are not the best so I am interested in some sightseeing and maybe some shopping. Can you give me some idea? Thank you for any help you can give. :D

We will look forward to your posts from Manzanillo! We will not be going until December, and we will be on a cruise, so only a day in port, but we are already starting to look for information. Our main interest is in water related activities, and we are looking for beaches similar to those in Hawaii - if that's possible? Really nice sand and clear water with food available. Really like smallish areas - like Kapalua in Maui! Our family will be on this cruise during Christmas week, so any suggestions for areas that may be less crowded would be appreciated. There are nine of us - ages are from 17 to 75! We have in mind Playa Audiencia at the moment. How do you rate it? Look forward to your posts and THANK YOU for any information you can provide.

Mexican beaches are much different than those in Hawaii; but that being said, this is where we'll be spending our day in Manzanillo.. (Thanks Karfest) :)

KroozNut - So far on our 7-day Mexico cruises we've found two beaches that come pretty close to some in Hawaii - Las Caletas (by boat) from Puerto Vallarta and Ixtapa Island - also by boat. I know they exist but finding them can be a problem when you only have one day! We'll keep watching for Karfest's posts and yours when you get back.

KroozNut - So far on our 7-day Mexico cruises we've found two beaches that come pretty close to some in Hawaii - Las Caletas (by boat) from Puerto Vallarta and Ixtapa Island - also by boat. I know they exist but finding them can be a problem when you only have one day! We'll keep watching for Karfest's posts and yours when you get back.

That's not bad.. Don't get me wrong, we love the beaches in Mexico just as much as the ones in Hawaii; but for slightly different reasons. The water in both places is usually gorgeous, with crystal clear visibility for snorkeling or diving. But I think the sand is different between Mexico and Hawaii in our experiences. But again, we love them both! :)

We'll be there in November, just before you, so I'll be sure to post here when we get back; and we're also looking forward to Karfest's report when they get back. I believe that they're heading down there now..

Karfest: Have a great time in Manzanillo and thanks for the info on the surf conditions. We are going to be there in early December on the Carnival Spirit. I thought I recalled reading elsewhere on these boards that the beaches in Mexico are quite crowded in December because the locals are on holiday for most of December. Is that accurate? :rolleyes:

Karfest: Have a great time in Manzanillo and thanks for the info on the surf conditions. We are going to be there in early December on the Carnival Spirit. I thought I recalled reading elsewhere on these boards that the beaches in Mexico are quite crowded in December because the locals are on holiday for most of December. Is that accurate? :rolleyes:

Lawdog -

We're on the Spirit in November to Mexico out of San Diego; probably the same cruise you're on in December. I'll be sure to post here after our cruise so you'll have an update..

Archived