Wine Taster - Shower info on Prinsendam

Wine Taster

I am thinking of a Mediterranean cruise in June 2009 on the Prinsendam. Does anybody know how large the showers are in the outside cabins that have only showers. I am somewhat 'wide bodied' and my experience on the Spirit of Alohoa was tight to say the least. If you dropped the soap, you had to get out of the shower to reach back to pick it up.

I would hope that the refurbished cabins on the Prinsendam might be larger, but it would be nice to have the dimensions. The tub staterooms seem to be more popular (at least there aren't many available on HAL's website).

Thanks for any info you can provide.

:D:D:D

I'll assume the showers in the inside cabins are not larger than the outsides---

I don't have the dimensions, but will say they are large enough. They are much larger than I remember from other cruiselines, and I know the old joke about soaping down the sides and spin does not apply!

I'm the "giant, economy size" myself, and had no trouble whatsoever in the Prinsendam shower.

Thanks Ruth, you have relieved my concerns. That opens up more cabin selections. Given that my sister and I are both 'bionic' with artificial joints, we really don't use a tub to soak but enjoy the added space to stand that a tub gives us. We just don't want to have a cramped shower like in Hawaii.

Archived