Prinsendam at Lat. 0*, Long. 0*

AWED23

On Saturday , April 5, Capt. Turner is making an 80 mile jog in our 4 day run from Togo to Namibia in order that the Prinsendam can make a little circle on and around Latitude 0 and Longitude 0. The event is expected to occur at 2:00 PM....No one aboard has memory of this ever happening before and it will spice up the normal King Neptune rituals with passengers invited to participate if they are pollywogs.....Anyone out there know of this happening before????:) :) :cool:

How cool is that? Not everyone gets to do that, so it should be quite a unique experience. I've not heard of it before.

I have straddled two hemispheres before by standing on the Prime Meridian in Greenwich, England.

I haven't heard of that either. About as close as I've heard is the 'opposite' - the Amsterdam was to have crossed the equator and International Date Line at the same time during this year's World Cruise.

Enjoy! That will certainly be a 'once in a lifetime' experience. :D

- the Amsterdam was to have crossed the equator and International Date Line at the same time during this year's World Cruise.
Sorry, not true. It crossed the I.D.L. near Nuku alofa Tonga, which is well south of the equator. About 1300 miles south, I'd judge.

Hi

I was on the Princendam when it made it's first West Africa cruise in 2002. When we sailed out of Abidjan to Namibia Captian Bos took us to 00.0 and 00.0. So it was done at least once before. Look out for the sign. You can't miss it.

Jeffrey

Archived