Fuel supplement to be refunded

PaulMedik

great news! thank you for posting this, paul.

question: has anyone gotten it knocked off yet?

i just called my guy at carnival. i booked my miracle cruise (2 cabins) in april 2007 so, i was hit with this retroactive fuel surcharge to the tune of $160 ($80 each cabin).

he indicated that the adjustments are being handled by a separate department and that it will show up on my bookings -- it could take one or two days or, it cld take a week. he was not sure at this point since this has all just occurred.

in any event, he advised that he will generate new invoices showing a new balance due less the $160, as soon as they are reflected on the computer.

sounds fair enough to me, but i am curious all the same if anyone's pvp/cvs went into their booking and adjusted it on the spot.

It didn't take long for my Splendor invoice to be adjusted. My Legend refund took a few weeks though.

The scale is somewhat larger this time around though.

i booked in oct and paid in full just last week my booking was threw a ta

i wonder if i will get obc or a refund to my card i have 2 rooms booked so 100.00 would be great either way.

I'd say a refund based on your sail date, see you paid off early I'd call to see what they are going to do in your case.

We booked in February 2007 for our B2B Freedom TA (4/26 14 day) and Eastern Med (5/10 12 day), so that means we will get OBC of $140 for each half of the cruise.

A question for all of you: We already have OBC on the Med part of the cruise to a tune of more than $400. This will push it over the $500 amount. We already paid for our excursions, etc. ahead of time, and we don't drink or gamble. We will definitely not tip this amount on a 12 day cruise! Do we get a refund on our S & S account if the balance is from OBC's?

We're Carnival newbies, so don't know our way around this cruise line.

TIA

Doing the OBC dance!!! We leave on April 12 and I purchased two cabins last year after we got off our cruise so that means onboard credits for each room!! Woo Hooooooooo!!! And everybody is right....just means more drinks for us!!! Think I'll call my TA and make sure we'll have our credit!!! :) :) :) :) :)

I'm very happy to hear this.... I'm glad for everyone.... I don't have a Carnival cruise this year but I hope that Princess will follow the lead for my Tahiti cruise.... :D

It's corporate so it's a done deal. (need a thumbs up smilie).

Nana...whatever you don't spend on the cruise you will get it back....... On the last night of the cruise they will slip a tally of your charges and whatever money you have coming to you will be issued to you with a check. Since you have so much onboard credit I hope you will try the supper club!!! Soooo worth the 30.00 charge per person!!! Enjoy!!!

So, now I wonder, say you paid for 4 cabins, you paid everyone's way. Now that they are giving the obc, are they doing it per cabin, or all back to the cabin of the person that paid for all of the cabins?:confused:

"-- For cruises departing on or prior to April 4, 2008, guests will

receive a refund in the same form they used to purchase their cruise."

"-- For cruises departing on or prior to April 4, 2008, guests will

receive a refund in the same form they used to purchase their cruise."

I get that part and understand that we'll get credit for the Feb. Miracle cruise we took credited back to our card, however, we paid for 4 cabins on our upcoming June cruise, and I'm curious if they will do the credit per cabin, or all of it back to the cabin of the person that paid for all of the cabins, that's why I asked.

I get that part and understand that we'll get credit for the Feb. Miracle cruise we took credited back to our card, however, we paid for 4 cabins on our upcoming June cruise, and I'm curious if they will do the credit per cabin, or all of it back to the cabin of the person that paid for all of the cabins, that's why I asked.

Gotcha. More then likely credited to the first two account folios per room.

See it does pay to file complaints. And yes - it's because of people like me that filed that y 'all are getting this here refund :D .

All kidding aside I am very happy as I had to pay $150 in fuel surcharges retroactive. Looks like OBC for the one in 3 weeks and most likely a price adjustment for the 2 cabins booked in September. Couple others in our group were charged retro also - so they are going to be very happy.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/business/custom/tourism/orl-carnival0108apr01,0,5580080.story

Yesssssssssssssssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

....Under the agreement, Miami-based Carnival, the world's largest cruise operator, can continue to levy its fuel surcharge -- a $5 per day fee, up to $70 per passenger or $140 per cabin -- going forward. But the company must clearly disclose the fee to customers before they buy a trip and display the amount "directly above, beneath or next to the cruise-fare price.".......will refund $40 million to cruise passengers who were forced to pay extra fuel charges even after they had booked their trips, part of a deal the company will announce this evening to settle an investigation by Florida Attorney General Bill McCollum.

The refunds will cover an estimated 1.1 million bookings.

So I was Stupid to waste the AGs time?

Well we all know how this turned out.:D

Refunds will only be issued to bookings made as of Nov. 6, 2007. According to the settlement, those who qualify will receive a refund by check, credit card reimbursement or On-board Credit. So I guess it depends how you paid for the cruise.
This for those of you who have not noticed is a correct statement. The folks that had booked prior to this date will get an OBC or refund. If you booked prior to this date and your cruise is in the summer, fall or next year the fee will not be applied because you booked before Nov. 6th 2007....;) ;)

This for those of you who have not noticed is a correct statement. The folks that had booked prior to this date will get an OBC or refund. If you booked prior to this date and your cruise is in the summer, fall or next year the fee will not be applied because you booked before Nov. 6th 2007....;) ;)

You might want to edit that... ;)

I know what you're trying to say, but it isn't very coherent.

Archived