Smart for Life "Cookie Diet" WTG

hurls88

I have been on it for 4 weeks and lost 30 lbs. It works but not sure where else you can get cookies. You eat 6 cookies a day, for Dinner you eat 6 0z of Protien (Chick,Turkey,Fish,Shellfish) and two Veggies (5 servings of salad if you want). No exercise what so ever (it slows weight loss).

Sorry this does not sound like a healthy diet but more like a quick fix.

It is done only with doctors care. It is done through a Doctors Office. Thery are special Fiber Cookies. You must see the Doctor once a Month. Google Smart for Life

When you are on an 800 cal a day diet and you exersize your body would store the calories instead of burning.

Again...not true. Exercise will ALWAYS require your body to burn calories, no matter how little you have consumed. What an absurd notion.

Again...not true. Exercise will ALWAYS require your body to burn calories, no matter how little you have consumed. What an absurd notion.

Your cookie has 80 calories which your bodies metobalism will burn. When you exercise your body will adapt and store those calories because it will need them for exercise. Once your body burns the calories it will start burning fat instead of the stored calories

Please. You are spouting some silly misinformation that perhaps you have received as a marketing play for your "cookie diet". I've been researching these issues for years, so yeah, I have a clue. This is an unhealthy and foolish plan, and certainly anything that suggests you get an "injection" to jumpstart your progress, is simply a bunch of hokie. You are buying into the fallacy of "eat too little and your body will stop burning calories". Of course this is not true.

The body controls its fat levels to a significant degree by changing the efficiency with which it uses energy. As your fat levels decrease a person will use energy resources more efficiently. Further weight loss continues to occur, but simply at a slower rate. What is happening is this: when you eat less, the body adjusts its efficiency, it's called diet-induced thermogenesis. Increases in body fat increase body temperatures, which require additional energy to maintain.

People also vary in their ability to alter their basal metabolic rate. Some people when they start eating regular/normal meals find that their metabolism increases quite a bit. Others, not so much...often they have to have more restrictive diets to make gains.

No one that has had any experience with successful long-term weight loss and fitness would even consider this sort of plan for a second.

End of my response on this thread. :cool:

Please. You are spouting some silly misinformation that perhaps you have received as a marketing play for your "cookie diet". I've been researching these issues for years, so yeah, I have a clue. This is an unhealthy and foolish plan, and certainly anything that suggests you get an "injection" to jumpstart your progress, is simply a bunch of hokie. You are buying into the fallacy of "eat too little and your body will stop burning calories". Of course this is not true.

The body controls its fat levels to a significant degree by changing the efficiency with which it uses energy. As your fat levels decrease a person will use energy resources more efficiently. Further weight loss continues to occur, but simply at a slower rate. What is happening is this: when you eat less, the body adjusts its efficiency, it's called diet-induced thermogenesis. Increases in body fat increase body temperatures, which require additional energy to maintain.

People also vary in their ability to alter their basal metabolic rate. Some people when they start eating regular/normal meals find that their metabolism increases quite a bit. Others, not so much...often they have to have more restrictive diets to make gains.

No one that has had any experience with successful long-term weight loss and fitness would even consider this sort of plan for a second.

End of my response on this thread. :cool:

The fact of the matter is the diet trains you to eat smaller meals during the day and you add exercise in phase two to maintain your weight once you reach your goal. I have lost 30 lbs in 4 wks and dont feel hungry. ENOUGH SAID!!!!! I am a teacher and 6 other teachers are doing it and having success. 2 teachers did it last year and have not put the weight back on. It works and is an easy way to loose weight fast.

Well, I hope it works for you and you can maintain it after you lose it. However, being on 800 calories isn't good for your metabolism. Your body goes into starvation mode. That's why they don't want you doing exercise. you need a minimum of 10 calories per pound of body weight just for basic function. That's basic metabolic, biology fact.

It's unfortunate that health care has gotten to the point in this country that doctors are forced to sell products to make up for the fact that insurance companies don't pay and patients end up defaulting on their bills. My podiatrist that I've been seeing for my broken foot spends as much time on my visits trying to push vitamin suppliment powders as she does actually looking at my foot.:rolleyes: It makes them succeptible to pushing some things that might not be sound to them otherwise. Plus, if they are like my cousin who just graduated med school, they get very little nutrition education.

Tami

Hello -

I'm back. I guess I have been spending my time laying on the couch recovering. Feeling pretty good. I go back to work tomorrow.:cool: Actually, tomorrow is my weigh in as well. Haven't decided if I'm going to go. The scales may be scued.;) I really will be glad to get back in the routine.

Jane - Welcome!!!

Lori- congrats on 5lbs!!!!! AWSOME!!!!!:o

Is anyone watching Biggest Loser??? It was great tonight! Can't wait for the finale

Talk to you all soon

jen

The fact of the matter is the diet trains you to eat smaller meals during the day and you add exercise in phase two to maintain your weight once you reach your goal. I have lost 30 lbs in 4 wks and dont feel hungry. ENOUGH SAID!!!!! I am a teacher and 6 other teachers are doing it and having success. 2 teachers did it last year and have not put the weight back on. It works and is an easy way to loose weight fast.

No, the fact of the matter is that Happy Single Mom is right. This is one of the most ridiculous things I've heard. OF COURSE you're losing weight rapidly...800 calories per day is NOT healthy nor is it sustainable. Any "diet" that discourages exercise is just irresponsible. Exercise has so many more benefits than just burning calories - heart function, stress relief, skin, hair, etc are healthier, more energy. The fact that they claim you change eating habits permanently should make ANYONE question the validity of this doctor's plan. One other thing...their BMI calculator inflated my BMI. Every other calculator had me a point lower...makes me wonder what else they're exaggerating:rolleyes:

No, the fact of the matter is that Happy Single Mom is right. This is one of the most ridiculous things I've heard. OF COURSE you're losing weight rapidly...800 calories per day is NOT healthy nor is it sustainable. Any "diet" that discourages exercise is just irresponsible. Exercise has so many more benefits than just burning calories - heart function, stress relief, skin, hair, etc are healthier, more energy. The fact that they claim you change eating habits permanently should make ANYONE question the validity of this doctor's plan. One other thing...their BMI calculator inflated my BMI. Every other calculator had me a point lower...makes me wonder what else they're exaggerating:rolleyes:

Phase one is no exercise 800 cal diet to loose the weight. Phase 2 add exercise and eat small meals throughout the day to maintain the weightloss.

Why not do something healthy and change eating habits? In the long run, I believe a person will be much more able to maintain it. If someone has the willpower to stick to 800 cal. a day, then they certainly can go for a healthy plan, like Weight Watchers or South Beach and do that successfully.

Well said! I agree with you and Happy Single Mom. Of course, I'm not in the medical field, but have tried stuff like this in the past. I also listened to doctors trying to sell their products. I did lose weight, but guess what? ALL OF IT and more came back! If you don't change your lifestyle (healthy eating habits and exercise), you will accomplish nothing. Having a healthy lifestyle is more important than losing weight IMHO. Good luck!

Why not do something healthy and change eating habits? In the long run, I believe a person will be much more able to maintain it. If someone has the willpower to stick to 800 cal. a day, then they certainly can go for a healthy plan, like Weight Watchers or South Beach and do that successfully.

I have tried everything and lost weight (never this fast.) Always put it back on. If you can do an 800 cal diet and not feel hungry (after the first 3 days) and loose 30 lbs in less than a month under doctors supervision. The diet is proven and is working for everyone I know that is on it.

Medifast is proven too but everyone including Oprah gained it all back and then some. We're not trying to be mean here. That's not the purpose of this board. We're just concerned about your physical and financial health. We've all been down and desperate to get rid of this excess weight. I used to be almost 100 pounds overweight so I totally KNOW how it feels. But we've all also been scammed or seen our friends taken in by unhealthy claims and we don't want you to be hurt. OK?

Tami

I have tried everything and lost weight (never this fast.) Always put it back on. If you can do an 800 cal diet and not feel hungry (after the first 3 days) and loose 30 lbs in less than a month under doctors supervision. The diet is proven and is working for everyone I know that is on it.

Because you're not supposed to lose more than 2 pounds a week (after initial water weight loss). And yes, it's "proven" because you can eat 800 calories of ANYTHING and lose weight. I'm sorry, I just don't buy this diet for a second. 30 pounds in a month is WAY too fast. But, it sounds like you have your mind made up. The previous poster is correct - we're just concerned that you're doing harm to your body - not good.

I guess I will get flamed for this, but oh well here goes... :rolleyes: Hurls88 go for it, as long as you don't use this "diet" as a normal way of eating when you get down to your weight. I was on a diet similar to this and it did work and has worked for other people over the pasted 50 years. What I was doing was Hcg diet.

Gee doesn't Weight Watchers and South Beach sell their own products? I'm not a person that goes with the standard medical care.. I do what I feel is the right health options for me. Just because it may be different doesn't mean its not safe..

I'm sure hurls88 knows what is best for HER...

Gee doesn't Weight Watchers and South Beach sell their own products? I'm not a person that goes with the standard medical care.. I do what I feel is the right health options for me. Just because it may be different doesn't mean its not safe..

Yes, they do, but they are not required for weight loss. You could successfully do either diet and never buy one of the products. And no matter how you slice it, phase one or not, 800 calories is NOT safe. I'm done here.

I guess I will get flamed for this, but oh well here goes... :rolleyes: Hurls88 go for it, as long as you don't use this "diet" as a normal way of eating when you get down to your weight. I was on a diet similar to this and it did work and has worked for other people over the pasted 50 years. What I was doing was Hcg diet.

I'm sure hurls88 knows what is best for HER...

Finally. Thank you for the encouragement. Even though I am a him. LOL

hurls88 Finally. Thank you for the encouragement. Even though I am a him. LOL

:rolleyes: Well your screen name doesn't give your sex away... I didn't look at your plan you are doing, but I'm sure there is a plan to a better way of eating also. The Hcg diet I did was an 500 calorie diet with Hcg given and yes it was an injection. This diet has no side affects. I don't know what yours is about, but I'm sure you are not stupid in making you own decisions.

But good luck on your goal.. Your diet may be different and not conventional, but if it works for you then it works.

Archived