Smart for Life "Cookie Diet" WTG

hurls88

:rolleyes: Well your screen name doesn't give your sex away... I didn't look at your plan you are doing, but I'm sure there is a plan to a better way of eating also. The Hcg diet I did was an 500 calorie diet with Hcg given and yes it was an injection. This diet has no side affects. I don't know what yours is about, but I'm sure you are not stupid in making you own decisions.

But good luck on your goal.. Your diet may be different and not conventional, but if it works for you then it works.

Very well stated. Thanks again

Hurls ~ I'm glad to hear that you plan on changing your eating habits and exercising once you're finished with the cookie. I'm sorry if you felt like you were being pounced on. I know that wasn't anyone's intent. We were just all concerned about you. Just listen to your body and you'll be OK. (If your hair starts falling out, stop eating the cookie. ;))

Best of luck to you! :D

Is there greater risk in the "diet" or greater risk in remaining overweight? One can decide for ones self who holds proper credentials for guidance.

Thank you for the encouragement

LOL I think the diet is bogus too, there's no way I would ever give up my 5x a week workouts w/ cardio and strength training for a crash diet like this one!! Whatever works for you though:)

FYI---I saw this Smart for Life cookie diet on sale at GNC for $1 a peice!! Run and stock up!!!

If it's working for you then you dont need to get defensive.

It does not sound healthy to me at all. It sounds like deprivation, an unrealsitc way of eating, and one that sets you up to gain weight once you are off it.

Your doctor can tell you anything you want and make it sound believable if he is going to make money off it.

Why can't you train yourself to eat normal foods but in smaller portions and smaller meals and add exercise in gradually?? It's the same concept and a whole lot cheaper, and more likely to become a lifestyle.

The crux of any diet plan is portion control, exercise, and less sugar,carbs. People don't want to diet the healthy way, they want to do it their way. It's a big reason why you read these boards and find so many of the same people posting month after month and they don't lose weight. They want to diet "their way".

Good luck. The company should change their name from "smart for life" to "rich for life" as they are certainly getting rich off this scheme.

The fact of the matter is the diet trains you to eat smaller meals during the day and you add exercise in phase two to maintain your weight once you reach your goal. I have lost 30 lbs in 4 wks and dont feel hungry. ENOUGH SAID!!!!! I am a teacher and 6 other teachers are doing it and having success. 2 teachers did it last year and have not put the weight back on. It works and is an easy way to loose weight fast.

LOL I think the diet is bogus too, there's no way I would ever give up my 5x a week workouts w/ cardio and strength training for a crash diet like this one!! Whatever works for you though:)

FYI---I saw this Smart for Life cookie diet on sale at GNC for $1 a peice!! Run and stock up!!!

If it's working for you then you dont need to get defensive.

It does not sound healthy to me at all. It sounds like deprivation, an unrealsitc way of eating, and one that sets you up to gain weight once you are off it.

Your doctor can tell you anything you want and make it sound believable if he is going to make money off it.

Why can't you train yourself to eat normal foods but in smaller portions and smaller meals and add exercise in gradually?? It's the same concept and a whole lot cheaper, and more likely to become a lifestyle.

The crux of any diet plan is portion control, exercise, and less sugar,carbs. People don't want to diet the healthy way, they want to do it their way. It's a big reason why you read these boards and find so many of the same people posting month after month and they don't lose weight. They want to diet "their way".

Good luck. The company should change their name from "smart for life" to "rich for life" as they are certainly getting rich off this scheme.

Like what was said it does not matter what you think. I posted this for people that want to loose weight really fast. 40 lbs in 6 weeks for me. The cookies that you get from GNC have more calories because you are not under doctors care. You can go to a Smart for Life office and buy those if you are not going to do the system. Its funny that such a "BOGUS" diet is starting to spread fast.

Anything that works fast spreads fast. The question is if it works over the long haul.

Like what was said it does not matter what you think. I posted this for people that want to loose weight really fast. 40 lbs in 6 weeks for me. The cookies that you get from GNC have more calories because you are not under doctors care. You can go to a Smart for Life office and buy those if you are not going to do the system. Its funny that such a "BOGUS" diet is starting to spread fast.

• 1 month later...

I have been on the Smart for Life cookie diet also. It's worked very well for me also I lost 20 pounds in the first 2 months. I'm actually on the non medical version as I rather not deal with the whole seeing a doctor and all. The program definatly does work no question about it. I like the program and the way I feel after loosing the weight. I understand the what people are saying but to each is own and I see the results so I will continue.

Anything that works fast spreads fast. The question is if it works over the long haul.

Well said. Remember phen-fen? Worked like a charm. Never hungry and those pounds just melted off without moving a muscle. BUT, those pounds just came right back bringing many of their little friends along with them and many people (I was lucky) lost their health as well.

For me, the best program will always be WW (or one of the others along the same lines). Yes, it does take a while for the weight to come off (1-2 lbs. per week after the initial big water drop), but you can function like a regular human being (family dinners, going out to eat, traveling, etc.). In addition, you learn exactly how to eat - breakfast every day, planned snacks, lots of fruit and veggies - after a while, you truely learn how to do it right. Yes, they do sell their own products but never push them - in fact, I can remember a WW leader who counseled against using too many of their products because of the sodium content.

I have a friend who did Jenny Craig a couple of years ago while I was doing a basic WW plan (I'd been before so knew the routine, just had to follow it) - we both recently agreed that we would have to follow this for the rest of our lives. What happens when you stop with the cookies?

Archived