A newbie to Royal Caribbean

First of all I want to tell you about me. I am a two time cruiser on carnival. It is my wife and I that cruise. We are mid to late 40's and love to have a good time. I have found a cruise on Royal Caribbean for October that fits my schedule beter and goes to the port of call I like best(Key West). My question is will I like Royal Caribbean as much as I do Carnival. I know a cruise is what you make it, but I absolutely loved my carnival cruises. For you that have cruised both tell me what to expect differently from Royal Caribbean than carnival. What is the difference in the staterooms and meals, and onboard activities.

I doubt that you'll find that much difference! The staterooms are a bit smaller on some of the older ships. But the service is superb! I think if you liked Carnival, you'll enjoy RCI! As you know--a cruise is what YOU make of it. Do as much or as little as you like! Have a great vacation!

You will actually find a BIG difference. I have cruise Carnival twice, and there is a very big difference between the cruiselines. RCI gives a much more 'sophisticated', nicer atmosphere. The decor is like a really nice hotel, as opposed to some Vegas-styled motels. This of course is all my own opinion...but yes I do feel there is a big difference.

What ship are you on?

I have cruised both Carnival and Royal Caribbean. I prefer RCCL out of the two. The service is better, the ships atmosphere has more upscale feeling. I just felt more pampered and enjoyed the staff much more on RCCL. I have tried 3 different cruise lines now and RCCL is the line for me!

Archived