My opinion of Freestyle (Dawn)

Paul507

I don't think I'm being a cheerleader to discuss the definition of Freestyle when someone says it doesn't exist. I don't think sharing my different experiences is criticizing the other person with different experiences. But the one complaint that most perplexes me on these boards, and so I guess I am being a cheerleader here, are the comments about having to pay a lot to really enjoy NCL. As I have stated many times, we did one cruise in an inside cabin with 3 people (wonderful time, just missed having a view), one cruise where I was upgraded to a mini-suite because the price dropped (oooh, does NCL accommodate people after a price drop?), and the remainder have been the lowest category avalailble of Oceanviews. And I have never been terribly frustrated with the reservation system. Just my experience.

Paul:

You must be new to these boards. You cannot criticize any cruise line on the board for that cruise line. For example, you could criticize Carnival or Royal Caribbean on this board but not NCL. If you want to criticize NCL, you have to go to one of the other boards. I know it doesn't make sense, but you probably forgot that cruise lines never do anything wrong. The only really accepted opinion is that you are on vacation, don't expect too much, and you will have a great time.

You're right Giorgi- I am new to these boards. I'm also not a real experienced cruiser like so many on here are. I only know that when I'm told that I can "eat where I want, when I want, and with whom I want" and only one of those is true, then I have a problem.

Thanks to the poster that pointed out concierge service. They don't tell you about it...I guess that's why following the rules didn't work for us.

Also, I realize there are 10 restaurants on the ship- as someone pointed out- not being able to eat in 6 of them is frustrating. I'm not even talking about the pay ones either. Those were full to every time we tried to get a reservation.

Here's something else entirely: What's up with the constant selling of raffle tickets? It's like being at the local fire hall. Talk about low class. NCL should really stop this practice immedately.

To some of the others: This is pretty much like the cruise itself. Met a lot of nice folks and some buffoons.

...This is pretty much like the cruise itself. Met a lot of nice folks and some buffoons.

Yea, but what did the buffoons wear to dinner?

Just a little humor.

Some people take the "freestyle" terminolgy very very serious meaning they can wear what they want, anytime they want and eat in any restaurant anytime they want. Which taken literally means if 1,200 passengers want to eat at Cagneys in their sweats at exactly 6:30,then by golly, NCL should find a way to make it happen. Otherwise, the whole thing is a scam.

p.s. - I agree, trying to get in some restaurants is way too difficult, but it really is different than our cruises on Carnivial or Queen Mary where we had to select between early or late dinner, period. And the table was pre-selected for us.

Yea, but what did the buffoons wear to dinner?

Just a little humor.

Some people take the "freestyle" terminolgy very very serious meaning they can wear what they want, anytime they want and eat in any restaurant anytime they want. Which taken literally means if 1,200 passengers want to eat at Cagneys in their sweats at exactly 6:30,then by golly, NCL should find a way to make it happen. Otherwise, the whole thing is a scam.

p.s. - I agree, trying to get in some restaurants is way too difficult, but it really is different than our cruises on Carnivial or Queen Mary where we had to select between early or late dinner, period. And the table was pre-selected for us.

I certainly agree with what you said, but the problem seems to be, if you are new to NCL and all you see are the commercials and/or read their cruise books most think that they "can" just walk into any venue and have dinner.

Please don't say, "read the threads on the boards", because a very small % of cruisers even know about Cruise Critic. So, must agree to a certain extent that the advertising is misleading!

You are SO right. I'm amazed at the backlash people get for expressing their opinion and experience if it has some negative. All the lines have good things and yes bad things too, but heaven forbid if you mention one thing you are not happy with on that lines boards. :eek: Attack of the cheerleaders.

I affectionately refer to them as the "STEPFORD CRUISERS"!

You're right Giorgi- I am new to these boards. I'm also not a real experienced cruiser like so many on here are. I only know that when I'm told that I can "eat where I want, when I want, and with whom I want" and only one of those is true, then I have a problem.

Thanks to the poster that pointed out concierge service. They don't tell you about it...I guess that's why following the rules didn't work for us.

Also, I realize there are 10 restaurants on the ship- as someone pointed out- not being able to eat in 6 of them is frustrating. I'm not even talking about the pay ones either. Those were full to every time we tried to get a reservation.

Here's something else entirely: What's up with the constant selling of raffle tickets? It's like being at the local fire hall. Talk about low class. NCL should really stop this practice immedately.

To some of the others: This is pretty much like the cruise itself. Met a lot of nice folks and some buffoons.

I think one problem is that people do not realize that the cruise experience can vary from ship to ship or even week to week on the same ship. Don't give up on NCL. We were on the Gem in January, ate at any restaurant we wanted, some of the best service we have experienced in 22 cruises. Le Bistro is our favorite restaurant anywhere - land or sea. If you can afford it, book an AE Penthouse. Just a little more expensive than a minisuite but the cabin and perks are great. Same size cabin and perks on most other lines would be almost twice the price. However, you need to book at least one year in advance to get one. By the way, we never used the concierge for restaurant reservation - had not problem on our own. Actually walked into the Oriental and Mexican restaurants and were seated immediately.

We are sailing on the Jade in May - Med Cruise - and price for AE Penthouse was less than what other lines were charing for a balcony cabin.

I don't think I'm being a cheerleader to discuss the definition of Freestyle when someone says it doesn't exist. I don't think sharing my different experiences is criticizing the other person with different experiences. But the one complaint that most perplexes me on these boards, and so I guess I am being a cheerleader here, are the comments about having to pay a lot to really enjoy NCL. As I have stated many times, we did one cruise in an inside cabin with 3 people (wonderful time, just missed having a view), one cruise where I was upgraded to a mini-suite because the price dropped (oooh, does NCL accommodate people after a price drop?), and the remainder have been the lowest category avalailble of Oceanviews. And I have never been terribly frustrated with the reservation system. Just my experience.

You will be considered a cheerleader if you disagree with anyone who expresses a negative opinion by offering examples of your own positive experience, even if the naysayer in question has never even cruised that specific cruise line.:confused:

I agree with you, we have not had to pay a lot to be treated well on NCL.

I only know that when I'm told that I can "eat where I want, when I want, and with whom I want" and only one of those is true, then I have a problem.

That's not true...you can probably get 2 out of 3 most nights...

- Eat where you want with whom you want...just not when you want

- Eat when you want with whom you want...just not where you want:p

It's the 3 out of 3 that takes a bit of work ;)

I agree, don't give up on NCL. If you try again you will go in with a different understanding and a different expectation.

I wanna eat with Julia Roberts when I cruise but never can!!!

But I've never had a problem eating where & when I want with NCL (after all-even if I had to make a reservation, hopefully I made it for where & when I wanted)

OK - let's beat the "NCL's returning to a class system" horse to death.

I'm willing to bet that other cruise lines that offer penthouse accommodations offers suite perks as well. Whether it be priority reservations in the specialty restaurants, concierge/butler service, etc. - you can bet that for those willing/able to spend the $$ to sail in a suite that the cruise lines do everything they can to make it easy for the pax.

HAL S suites offer the Neptune Lounge with concierge service and I see the same type of comments on the HAL boards about a "class system" re-emerging.

We have concierge floors in hotels, VIP Boarding Lounges at Airports, private lounges in clubs, etc - all for the convenience of those who make the choice to spend more $$ than someone else and enjoy the perks that they have paid for.

I agree. We booked an AE Penthouse in January and have another in May for a Med cruise. Just a few $$ more than a minisuite. No I am not rich. Most people my age are retired, but I work to pay for the extras that I want. And someday, when I can get a good deal, I intend to book a Garden Villa.

<snip>

I'm like you and very organized, so I will plan what days we want to eat where and book it according to quieter times, but that is my whole point, that you have to be ORGANIZED, as you say, it doesn't bother me to do that, as long as we CAN get reservations. I don't want to go 24 hrs in advance only to be told that everything is booked, and it's happened to alot of people lately. I think alot of people take freestyle as exactly what it implies, freestyle, and when they realize that it takes alot of planning and organization to get the reservations you want, that they are disappinted and find it to be more work than if they had a preset dining time.

Also as I originally said the whole freestyle concept is misleading. You said yourself you have to be organized. Well that's not what NCL is advertising. They show a couple just breezing into any restaurant to be seated for dinner, well that's not how it works. I know that ahead of time so I'll deal with it. I'll also reserve judgement until I go and try it out for myself. Either way, It's not going to ruin my cruise. But it will give me an idea of whether I like freestyle or not and whether NCL is a line I want to cruise again. Honestly if the food is good in the free main dining rooms, we'll be fine. We only want to have one special dinner but we'd like to be able to reserve it and get in at some point during the cruise.

I think that is the biggest problem with the freestyle concept. The advertising is misleading and it ends up doing NCL a disservice, IMO. Plus, many do NOT come here (or elsewhere) and read about how to make it work, so they have unrealistic expectations. Obviously, if you stop to think about it, not everyone can eat at the same time without there being a wait. But they hammer it in the advertising that they are different, and that dinner is "promptly at whatever o'clock." If you have to make your reservation the day before, you may very well end up eating when you are not hungry. That's no different than having a set dining time. Either way you have to plan your day around when you are eating dinner. I'm not saying that is bad, but it is just not the difference it is touted to be. Also, if you have to make a reservation, it is in effect a "set" time. True, your set time could be different from one day to the next, IF there is availability, but often that is not the case. Someone said, "but you CHOSE the time." Well, sort of. If they offer you 5:30 or 10:00, which happened to us several times, I don't consider that a whole lot of choice. Not much different than choosing "early" or "late."

Of course, all of this applies only to those who prefer to sit and be waited on for dinner, which I think many people do. At the buffet, you could probably walk right in and eat at any time. But, again, that's no different than any other line.

We found the main dining room food to be fine, and were able to eat at both Mama's and Tangos, although not at a time we would have preferred. We did make reservations for the main dining room since we were a group of 9, and that seemed to work pretty well. We did not ever have to wait more than 20 minutes to be seated anywhere that we had a reservation. I will note that they would not take our reservation for 9 in the main dining room over the phone- we had to do it in person.

One other thing we noticed, and again, it did not ruin our cruise, was just something we noticed- is that if you want to go to any shows, or participate in the (gasp) scheduled evening activities for adults or kids, it often did not coordinate well with dining time. It is fine to be flexible when making a reservation or waiting 20-30 minutes when walking up to a restaurant, but to the extent that it impacts the rest of the evening's plans, it's just something else you have to consider. I'm sure many people don't care or don't participate, and it doesn't affect them, but many do. With traditional dining, the evening shows and activities are more geared around the set dining times. Again, I'm not saying either way is better, just a difference that we noted.

What I find the most frustrating about these discussions is that some refuse to believe that the system does not always work perfectly for everyone. Of course there will always be people at opposite ends of the spectrum. Take them for what they are. Those who love freestyle dining and want to advocate for it- FINE- but please do so without implying that those who did not find it so positive are either lying or too stupid to figure it out. And many times people do not say that it ruined their cruise, yet they are often attributed with that statement. It certainly would not help anyone if only positive thoughts, or only negative thoughts are allowed to be freely expressed.

(OK, I'm off the soapbox now) :rolleyes:

I think that is the biggest problem with the freestyle concept. The advertising is misleading and it ends up doing NCL a disservice, IMO. Plus, many do NOT come here (or elsewhere) and read about how to make it work, so they have unrealistic expectations. Obviously, if you stop to think about it, not everyone can eat at the same time without there being a wait. But they hammer it in the advertising that they are different, and that dinner is "promptly at whatever o'clock." If you have to make your reservation the day before, you may very well end up eating when you are not hungry. That's no different than having a set dining time. Either way you have to plan your day around when you are eating dinner. I'm not saying that is bad, but it is just not the difference it is touted to be. Also, if you have to make a reservation, it is in effect a "set" time. True, your set time could be different from one day to the next, IF there is availability, but often that is not the case. Someone said, "but you CHOSE the time." Well, sort of. If they offer you 5:30 or 10:00, which happened to us several times, I don't consider that a whole lot of choice. Not much different than choosing "early" or "late."

Of course, all of this applies only to those who prefer to sit and be waited on for dinner, which I think many people do. At the buffet, you could probably walk right in and eat at any time. But, again, that's no different than any other line.

We found the main dining room food to be fine, and were able to eat at both Mama's and Tangos, although not at a time we would have preferred. We did make reservations for the main dining room since we were a group of 9, and that seemed to work pretty well. We did not ever have to wait more than 20 minutes to be seated anywhere that we had a reservation. I will note that they would not take our reservation for 9 in the main dining room over the phone- we had to do it in person.

One other thing we noticed, and again, it did not ruin our cruise, was just something we noticed- is that if you want to go to any shows, or participate in the (gasp) scheduled evening activities for adults or kids, it often did not coordinate well with dining time. It is fine to be flexible when making a reservation or waiting 20-30 minutes when walking up to a restaurant, but to the extent that it impacts the rest of the evening's plans, it's just something else you have to consider. I'm sure many people don't care or don't participate, and it doesn't affect them, but many do. With traditional dining, the evening shows and activities are more geared around the set dining times. Again, I'm not saying either way is better, just a difference that we noted.

What I find the most frustrating about these discussions is that some refuse to believe that the system does not always work perfectly for everyone. Of course there will always be people at opposite ends of the spectrum. Take them for what they are. Those who love freestyle dining and want to advocate for it- FINE- but please do so without implying that those who did not find it so positive are either lying or too stupid to figure it out. And many times people do not say that it ruined their cruise, yet they are often attributed with that statement. It certainly would not help anyone if only positive thoughts, or only negative thoughts are allowed to be freely expressed.

(OK, I'm off the soapbox now) :rolleyes:

Agreed. Some people make such a big deal about it. We always choose late seating for traditional dining - usually 8:30 PM. On NCL - you guessed it - we ate at 8:30 PM. It has more to do with our routine - my wife likes to take a nap around 5 PM and I always go to the gym at that time. And SOOO many people are just enamored with not having to dress up for dinner - God forbid. To me, the best part of freestyle is the choices in dining. We much prefer to eat in smaller reataurants and pay a few $$ more for better food and service. However, when I choose a cruise, Freestyle plays no part in my choice. I look at value, itinerary and usually try to find a new ship.

Agreed. Some people make such a big deal about it. We always choose late seating for traditional dining - usually 8:30 PM. On NCL - you guessed it - we ate at 8:30 PM. It has more to do with our routine - my wife likes to take a nap around 5 PM and I always go to the gym at that time. And SOOO many people are just enamored with not having to dress up for dinner - God forbid. To me, the best part of freestyle is the choices in dining. We much prefer to eat in smaller reataurants and pay a few $$ more for better food and service. However, when I choose a cruise, Freestyle plays no part in my choice. I look at value, itinerary and usually try to find a new ship.

It was nice to have a few choices, I will agree. We found Freestyle to be ok, not fabulous, but ok. I wouldn't say I would only cruise if I can have freestyle dining, nor would I reject a cruise because it was freestyle.

I can't exactly think how I would re-word NCL's advertising-- how about "2 out of 3 aint bad!" LOL I just feel they might get a more positive response all around if they explained it a little better, so people understood how it is supposed to work.

I certainly agree with what you said, but the problem seems to be, if you are new to NCL and all you see are the commercials and/or read their cruise books most think that they "can" just walk into any venue and have dinner.

Please don't say, "read the threads on the boards", because a very small % of cruisers even know about Cruise Critic. So, must agree to a certain extent that the advertising is misleading!

Misleading? I DISAGREE!

You can just walk up for dinner and get a seat at the Main restaurants or Buffet. Only those wishing to dine at the "much smaller" Specialty restaurants have to get reservations. Most cruisers, believe it or not, dine at the Main restaurants and Buffet exclusively.

I can't believe for one moment that anyone would believes the TV ads suggests that anyone could just walk up to the much smaller Specialty restaurants and get seated immediately.

The point of the TV ad is that YOU CHOOSE WHEN TO EAT, not the cruise line. And you still get to choose when to get a reservation at the Specialty restaurants and whether to take it or not when there's a table available. It's still your choice.

I don't believe the TV ad suggests you can dictate to the cruise line exactly when you wish to reserve a table at a Specialty restaurant. I believe some common sense should enter the equation of the ships having far too many diners with too few tables. And I believe some (the usual complainers over this issue) should learn to SHARE the ship with everybody else. And that includes those who hog chairs by the pool, expect head of the line priviledges at every event and break lines continuously, have to have front seats every night at the show, and hog the penny slots for hours on end in the casino.

Since when has sharing something become unfashionable? The most rude passengers aboard the ships are the hoggers.

You certainly can't do laps in the pool....not with all those people in it...:rolleyes:

Does the Dawn have an aquaswim? I never thought of doing laps in the "large" pool either. It's still too small, shallow, and crowded.

Misleading? I DISAGREE!

You can just walk up for dinner and get a seat at the Main restaurants or Buffet. Only those wishing to dine at the "much smaller" Specialty restaurants have to get reservations. Most cruisers, believe it or not, dine at the Main restaurants and Buffet exclusively.

I can't believe for one moment that anyone would believes the TV ads suggests that anyone could just walk up to the much smaller Specialty restaurants and get seated immediately.

The point of the TV ad is that YOU CHOOSE WHEN TO EAT, not the cruise line. And you still get to choose when to get a reservation at the Specialty restaurants and whether to take it or not when there's a table available. It's still your choice.

I don't believe the TV ad suggests you can dictate to the cruise line exactly when you wish to reserve a table at a Specialty restaurant. I believe some common sense should enter the equation of the ships having far too many diners with too few tables. And I believe some (the usual complainers over this issue) should learn to SHARE the ship with everybody else. And that includes those who hog chairs by the pool, expect head of the line priviledges at every event and break lines continuously, have to have front seats every night at the show, and hog the penny slots for hours on end in the casino.

Since when has sharing something become unfashionable? The most rude passengers aboard the ships are the hoggers.

Just one comment. You cannot necessarily get a seat in the Main Dining rooms immediately. We did, but had some people on our cruise (in suites) wait over 1/2 hour for seats in the Main Dining Room.

Just one comment. You cannot necessarily get a seat in the Main Dining rooms immediately. We did, but had some people on our cruise (in suites) wait over 1/2 hour for seats in the Main Dining Room.

So some had to wait a half hour to dine. I supposed you never had to wait 30 minutes to get a seat at busy, popular restaurants ashore or that you never was the tenth car in line at a McDonald's drive thru window.

None-the-less, they still decided when to eat. Too bad they decided to do so at the same time many others did.

There's only so many tables in the restaurants. The largest restaurants may have 600 to 700 chairs. There's up to 2400 passengers on NCL ships, you do the math and determine if all can be seated instaneously!

It's not rocket science. I repeat, some just have to learn to share!

To add, I haven't even included the idea "with who you dine with at your table" yet.

For what its worth, another view of freestyle dining. My husband and I just returned from the very full March 23rd Star 8 day cruise (spring break, he teaches, we just have to live with the peak times for now).

Because I did read the boards here, and did read NCL's literature, dining was actually very easy. I got on the ship pretty early, and went right to the dining reservation desk and made reservations for Cagney's the first night (2 for 1 coupon), and Endless Summer the 2nd night, both at 7:30.

We skipped reservations the 3rd and 4th night and ate in Aqua, around 7:45 with no wait.

We had the honeymoon package, and made reservations the 2nd day for the 5th night in Le Bistro at 7:30.

On the 5th day, around 11AM we made reservations for 8PM the 6th night in La Trattoria.

On the 6th day, around 2pm we made reservations for Endless Summer for the 7th night at 8pm.

We chose to not make reservations for the 8th night and ate in Versailles, around 7:45 with about a 10 minute wait.

I was surprised, with the ship being so full, that with a little planning, dining and reservations were not a problem.

Despite all the negatives, I can't wait to try Freestyle!

I truly enjoyed fixed seating in a beautiful dining room on other lines, with pleasant companions you got to know during the duration. But gosh, sometimes you don't get pleasant companions or even people who know how to make conversation!

So if the maitre d' says I'll have to wait 1/2 hour unless he offers us quick seating if we'll share , I certainly may take a chance with the new tablemates for that one meal. 50/50 chance, no?

Some random comments, though:

In a land based local restaurant, you might not be able to walk in at 7 p.m. and expect to be seated immediately, but if you called them earlier in the day to request a reservation for 7 and they said, "how about 7:30?" you'd know what time to be there. That's not 24 or 36 hrs ahead of time. So NCL's policy of saving seats in specialty restaurants for suite guests who have paid for this privilege doesn't really apply to this discussion. They have the seats whether they got them 5 days ahead of 1 hour.

For those of us in cat n thru C, it would be nice if we could ask when the next available table would be available instead of getting angry that we can't get in at 7. And it would be nice if the next available table was to be available sometime within the next 36 hours!

I look forward to not having to go formal, too. No, I do not plan to try to wear shorts or jeans in the dining rooms, either, nor dine in the buffet any night.

Here's a suggestion for those of you who seem to be extremely hungry when you walk up to the restaurant door. Have room service bring you a fruit plate late afternoon to tide you over.

Since the waiters will give you more than one entree etc. there is obviously no restriction to a passenger eating in more than one restaurant every night. If you are starving at a certain hour, go to one you can get in. Later go to another. Nothing says you must eat 4 courses in both restaurants! I've read that some people go just for dessert.

If you are absolutely starving, why not run over to Blue Lagoon or the buffet and get a nibble? Then go to the restaurant that requires no reservation. Then you won't mind the wait, if there is one.

Or vice versa. If the maitre D' tells you you'll have to wait half an hour, instead of fuming in a bar, why not walk to another venue for a quick bite?

*OR are these restaurants spread out so much that that is not a good option? I know I can look at deck plans! But someone tell me if that would work.

I want to experience EVERYTHING in food the ship has to offer!

"Please understand there was nothing wrong with our cabin or the food (except prime rib), but we resented having to pay for our food when we had already done that. Our room steward introduced himself to us on thursday evening in the hallway and when he did he called us by the wrong name. He kept our room clean but... never have we felt so disconnected."

"So they hated their cruise even tho the cabin was fine and so was the food except for one dish they didn't care for. And, even tho there are several dining options with no surcharge, they resented having to pay for food???? Surcharge restaurants are a CHOICE and they had to have been aware of that prior to sailing. Regardng the room steward, even tho they kept my room great, that sure would ruin my vacation too if I wasn't "connected" to the room steward. God forbid they attempt to be nice and call me by the wrong name..how dare they?"

I am sorry if I offended you with my opinions. I have been contributing and reading these boards now for several years and thought that sharing my experiences would be helpful. I certainly did not at any time say we had a horrible time, I believe I said that freestyle cruising was not for us. That should make you very happy since your experiences are obviously more impotant and valid than mine and I wil not be taking up space on anymore NCL ships.

I certainly hope that I would never treat anyone else the way you have me.

You are not a cheerleader (I hope) they are taught good sportsmanship!!!!

Misleading? I DISAGREE!

Oh please................................are you trying to say that most first timers who see this advertising understand it the way you so eloquent try to state it??

I can appreciate the OPs frustrations. We just returned from that same cruise. We woke up in the am and made reservations for the following night. But, it is "freestyle with a plan." You can't just walk into most restaurants on the ship but as another poster mentioned I certainly can't do that anywhere in Naples any time of year without about an hour wait.

We also tried to get in both Salsa and Bamboo without reservations one night. We were turned down at both restaurants despite them being virtually empty. Frustrating, yes but we walked right up to Aqua and had a good meal. I do disagree with the poster who said you have to book an expensive cabin to be treated well. We had a standard balcony and service was exceptional everywhere. We cruised Princess last year and I thought that there was no way the Dawn could compare, but it did. We weren't crazy about menu choices or the shows but in service they excelled.

Oh please................................are you trying to say that most first timers who see this advertising understand it the way you so eloquent try to state it??

Taking the specialty 'reservation' restaurants out of the equation, which most people tend to focus on, it is pretty cut and dry. I've never understood the misconception about some who argue the Freestyle dining.

Other cruise lines have their own specialty restaurants that require reservations also, so look at the standard 2 main dining rooms and buffet options.

NCL Freestyle:

Eat where you want... yes

Eat when you want... yes

Eat with whoever you want... yes

Other 'traditional' dining cruise lines:

Eat in the Aqua dining room

Eat at 6:00

Eat with 10 other cruisers you don't know

This is what advertisements portray. No, they don't go into detail that you have other options of making reservations in other restaurants if you so choose. But the basic concept is there.

We were turned down at both restaurants despite them being virtually empty.

I've seen this posted before and couldn't understand it either, until I saw a post that made some sense. Perhaps they were low on staff at certain times at that restaurant and that's why they couldn't take customers, or could only take so many customers. That would make sense to me so just thought I'd comment.:) I do think maybe the person standing at the desk could explain it, if that were the case. 'Sorry, we are understaffed this evening', or something of that nature.

We were on NCL Dawn Mar2-9/08 and had no problem re specialty restaurants other than we couldn't walk into Cagney's on the last night. We ate at Impressions, Bamboo twice and the french restaurant by walking in the last night (no reservations). We also enjoyed the Venetian, and I must say I snacked at the Garden Cafe every night (for coffee/ hot chocolate/tea and fruit).:)

Archived