Mailing liquor home ?

NKG6002

It's almost like chocolate milk with a kick!!! ;)

It comes in a really cool 2 part bottle...cream liquor on one side and coffee liquor on the other side, and when you pour...it comes from two spouts and pours at the same time, mixing in your glass. Look for it the ships shop, it black on one side and white on the other...can't miss it. :D

So...no too "coffee-y"? More "chocolate milk-y"?

I might like that!!:D

How much is that bottle of Sheridan's that everyone loves? Also do the cruise people take it and hold it till the end of the cruise? One more question the one bottle of wine you can bring on board can it be one of those big bottles that is like 1.5 L?

How much is that bottle of Sheridan's that everyone loves? Also do the cruise people take it and hold it till the end of the cruise? One more question the one bottle of wine you can bring on board can it be one of those big bottles that is like 1.5 L?

On the Holiday last month we purchased a bottle of Sheridan's for $22.50 and it was delivered to our cabin on the last evening of the cruise.

This from the Carnival website:

Guests are prohibited from bringing alcoholic beverages onboard. However, guests (21 years and older only) may bring one bottle (750 milliliter) of wine or champagne per person on board only during embarkation at the beginning of the cruise.

On the Holiday last month we purchased a bottle of Sheridan's for $22.50 and it was delivered to our cabin on the last evening of the cruise.

This from the Carnival website:

I was on voyager last week and RCL charges $25.95? $26 or $27 anyway...Carnival's price sounds cheaper...have to remember that this fall on Conquest.

Since you didn't have a location on your profile, I didn't know where you were. Too bad you're in Texas, you could have helped me crack the unopened bottle on my bar.:D

Hmmmm maybe Canada isnt too far to travel to after all. lol :rolleyes:

stircrazy, no its really creamy, the cream that floats to the top is what you taste first.

I was on voyager last week and RCL charges $25.95? $26 or $27 anyway...Carnival's price sounds cheaper...have to remember that this fall on Conquest.

I wonder if that price change simply reflects the ever shrinking Dollar relative to the Euro? The Dollar has dropped about 8% since our Feb 7 sailing.

Sheridan's is available in Canada if you can't book another cruise.

What price range does this run in Canada? Going on the Victory in June and trying to figure if I should pick up a bottle on the ship or in Saint John. I have to go to a liquor store there to get some ice wine so might as well know if I need to look for something else at the same time.

It does come in two sizes..but right about $26. Just like any liquor you buy onboard, they hold it til the end of the cruise.

Also, I have heard they maybe charge a double corkage fee for the bigger bottle if wine, but I am not sure. Anyone know?

I wonder if that price change simply reflects the ever shrinking Dollar relative to the Euro? The Dollar has dropped about 8% since our Feb 7 sailing.

Since you said they paid 22.95 only a month ago (on Carnival), Im thinking it means that RCL upped the price. Maybe that is why for a change RCL didnt sell out. They said they always used to sell out the first day.

I dont think it could have gone up that much in one month. RCL could just be upping the price to max out profits.

Since you said they paid 22.95 only a month ago (on Carnival), Im thinking it means that RCL upped the price. Maybe that is why for a change RCL didnt sell out. They said they always used to sell out the first day.

I dont think it could have gone up that much in one month. RCL could just be upping the price to max out profits.

NCL also has higher liquor prices in their shops. I believe Sheridan's cannot be sold in the US because of the two part bottle.

Most states have strict controls about importing alcohol across state lines since Prohibition. It is all about the tax dollars.

Dave

NCL also has higher liquor prices in their shops. I believe Sheridan's cannot be sold in the US because of the two part bottle.

Most states have strict controls about importing alcohol across state lines since Prohibition. It is all about the tax dollars.

Dave

It used to be sold in the US, so don't know about the reason being the two part bottle. It's made in England, probably has more to do with tariffs or taxes, who knows?

It used to be sold in the US, so don't know about the reason being the two part bottle. It's made in England, probably has more to do with tariffs or taxes, who knows?

Actually it is made in Dublin, Ireland. Or at least that is what the label on mine says. :p

Dave

Archived