UPGRADE CHEER, more like a Scream

AFT_LOVER

as it is my birthday present from my TA.

So now we are 11036 from 9238 and I am told the bridge is 11 staterooms from us. So my phonecall Saturday from NCL was the upsell dept that saw TA name & hung up without leaving a message. But they called her today & we got the mini suite or as I told my husband THE ROYAL BALCONY.

Now to get stickies to cover the room # on luggage tags with the correct one. Husband is printing via laser printer the 11036 then we cut & paste to all luggage tags for 2 suitcases, so far but we got 6 of them just in case any rip off from the airline & carousel.

Now last day, we can keep luggage & take it off the ship when we leave since we stay in stateroom til we want to get off our our color of tag is called. Correct? (for those who remember doing this, been 10 years for us on Norway)

Now last day, we can keep luggage & take it off the ship when we leave since we stay in stateroom til we want to get off our our color of tag is called. Correct? (for those who remember doing this, been 10 years for us on Norway)

Congrats on the upsell. As for your luggage and taking it all off, you can take your luggage off with express debarkation which is first. Those doing it have to go first so others don't get all jammed up with people toting luggage. So you can keep your luggage and go first.

If you don't want to keep your luggage and go first, you send it the night before, sleep in, have your leisurely breakfast, then go when your color is called and pick it up off the ship.

Hope that was the clarification you were looking for. Have fun.:)

as I love the sleep in remark, then breakfast & then we go when called from the restaurant. We are being picked up to go to Newark airport at 11AM so we have plenty of time.......... but we were hoping to slip the carousel. But leave ship by 10AM & have plenty of time to find our luggage. Hoping it is the last 2 pieces left.

So who are my neighbors????

Congrats on the upsell. As for your luggage and taking it all off, you can take your luggage off with express debarkation which is first. Those doing it have to go first so others don't get all jammed up with people toting luggage. So you can keep your luggage and go first.

If you don't want to keep your luggage and go first, you send it the night before, sleep in, have your leisurely breakfast, then go when your color is called and pick it up off the ship.

Hope that was the clarification you were looking for. Have fun.:)

Now to get stickies to cover the room # on luggage tags with the correct one. Husband is printing via laser printer the 11036 then we cut & paste to all luggage tags for 2 suitcases, so far but we got 6 of them just in case any rip off from the airline & carousel.

Congratulations on the upgrade.

I would suggest putting the luggage tags on AFTER your flight(s) to avoid any confusion with the airline tags.

Happy Birthday. Just happens to be DH's birthday today.

We were able to get a free upgrade from a balcony to a junior suite on RCCL Jewel of the Seas a couple years ago when they ran a promotion for people 55+. It was so nice to have such a large space and a great balcony. I doubt that will ever happen again.

as he matched the print on the original number for the new ones & we snipped them to size & instant new numbers. So I even have one for my attache.

Wonder if they will notice our RCL Diamond Member tags on the luggage? They can always give us tags for the luggage for us to use sailing with them.

$150 additional she paid for my birthday present. SO no vodka! I will order that myself.

I need the name of TAs willing to give up a big chunk of their commission to upgrade me. ;)

AND the aft balcony is like 3 times the size of what an AF Mini has

I think different people like different things. I would prefer the aft balcony as we are sailing with some friends. I think we can get together better on our balcony than in a bathtub and that's what's important to me.

I think different people like different things. I would prefer the aft balcony as we are sailing with some friends. I think we can get together better on our balcony than in a bathtub and that's what's important to me.

For some reason I was under the impression that those tubs were pretty small. Anyone know?

For some reason I was under the impression that those tubs were pretty small. Anyone know?

I stay in an AF when I sail on the Dawn...the bathtub wouldn't hold my overweight Beagle. I did offer to our friends that if they would like to use it to bathe their 4 year old daughter in it, I think that is an ok size for a 4 year old. In comparison, it is only about 2/3 the size of my bathtub at home.

IMHO, from what I read it seems that the Aft rooms are highly coveted and usually the first to sell out on a ship. Why would anyone want to change from that? I personally am not interested in staying in an AFT cabin due to the motion (I stay mid ship), but on beautiful sea days I like to go down to Deck 7 and walk to the back of the ship...the view is OUTRAGEOUS. It doesn't even compare to the view I get in my AF Mini. The only differences from an AF Mini and a BA balcony is that the AF is ever so slightly larger, the pull out couch can sleep 2, and the bathroom has a tub.

Archived