Mercury in Vancouver

Kapricorn

The Mercury looked nice at dock today in Vancouver. The day was mainly cloudless, so the sun shone brightly, a very nice welcome to the ship and her passengers.

I had to look hard to find Mercury's name, which was stenciled in small letters on the side of the hull (2nd photograph). Hopefully this is temporary, with her name later to be painted in large gold letters on the blue stripe.

Donald.

326165343_20080402Mercury.jpg.b0e98a9ec0fb46ac014bd7a786f2b707.jpg

1685966650_20080402Mercuryname.jpg.960535d62b297c20c432268e1c1bd1cc.jpg

I also went down to Canada Place today to have a look at the Mercury, and was a little perplexed by the removal of the ships name as well. You can see the outline in the blue stripe of where it used to be, but it's been painted over. The name on the aft sides of the ship has also been painted over.

Does anyone know the reason for this??

I think that Mercury's name was painted over in order to accommodate her new name, Celebrity Mercury, to be painted at a later date. Galaxy also had Celebrity Galaxy painted on her blue stripe.

At least, I'm not aware that Mercury will be renamed Mercury of the Seas, Carnival Mercury or Mercurydam. :D

Donald.

I think that Mercury's name was painted over in order to accommodate her new name, Celebrity Mercury, to be painted at a later date. Galaxy also had Celebrity Galaxy painted on her blue stripe.

At least, I'm not aware that Mercury will be renamed Mercury of the Seas, Carnival Mercury or Mercurydam. :D

Donald.

Yes, I believe you are correct, they are resigning all the ships in the X fleet with Celebrity .................

Now in another thread last week they had her sold but I doubt that.

Yes, I believe you are correct, they are resigning all the ships in the X fleet with Celebrity .................

Now in another thread last week they had her sold but I doubt that.

She is staying in the fleet at least through Oct 2009 as

her new itinerary has been released with cruises showing up

till that time.

Alaska, PNW, Coastal all show up for next year.

She is staying in the fleet at least through Oct 2009 as

her new itinerary has been released with cruises showing up

till that time.

Alaska, PNW, Coastal all show up for next year.

That's what I understand plus I read in some information from X that she was to have a major refit this year or next but that doesn't show up in her schedule. I am guessing the economics of the cruise business will catch up with her at some point but in the meantime she certainly has a very large group of loyal fans.

That's what I understand plus I read in some information from X that she was to have a major refit this year or next but that doesn't show up in her schedule. I am guessing the economics of the cruise business will catch up with her at some point but in the meantime she certainly has a very large group of loyal fans.

Yes she does.:) At least I will get to sail once before she goes...

if not twice;)

All of Celebrity's ships have been rebranded to include the word "Celebrity" in front.

I hope that RCI won't do the same thing. It would be quite a mouthful to say "Royal Caribbean International Empress of the Sea" or to stencil it on a life ring. :D

Donald.

Donald.

lol.

Archived