Auckland Pre-cruise hotels

margord

agree that Cin Cin is one of the best restaurants in Auckland (if pricey). Highly rated on all of the Web sites. We also like the Loaded Hog on the other end of the Harbor beyond the Hilton for more casual food and atmosphere, but very good barbeque and brew!

Based upon our experience this past January, I hope you will be pleased with your decision.

Let me recommend two restaurants nearby that are within walking distance and both are in the Auckland Ferry Building:

1. Cin Cin On The Quay

2. Harbourside Seafood Bar & Grill

Cin Cin is one the street level, Harbourside is up on the second level.

We were very happy with both and found a nice wine shop on our walk back to the Hilton.

...and you really liked the Hilton, right? Thanks for the dining suggestions. I will put them on my list.

agree that Cin Cin is one of the best restaurants in Auckland (if pricey). Highly rated on all of the Web sites. We also like the Loaded Hog on the other end of the Harbor beyond the Hilton for more casual food and atmosphere, but very good barbeque and brew!

Thanks Sheila, I added the Loaded Hog to my list also. What kind of food is Cin Cin?

Marilee

Marilee,

Yes, we DID like the Hilton - but went elsewhere for dining....

Cin Cin classified themselves as Contemporary New Zealand cuisine. Here is an example of their set menu: http://www.cincin.co.nz/Specials.htm

Hourbourside was decidedly Seafood - and if the weather is nice, ask for a table out on the deck overlooking the harbor (or Harbour as spelled in NZ). You'll see the activity as the sightseeing and ferry boats come and go.

Marilee,

Yes, we DID like the Hilton - but went elsewhere for dining....

Cin Cin classified themselves as Contemporary New Zealand cuisine. Here is an example of their set menu: http://www.cincin.co.nz/Specials.htm

Hourbourside was decidedly Seafood - and if the weather is nice, ask for a table out on the deck overlooking the harbor (or Harbour as spelled in NZ). You'll see the activity as the sightseeing and ferry boats come and go.

Maybe we can get some NZ Mussels, yum.

Marilee

Maybe we can get some NZ Mussels, yum.

Marilee

Just because you asked, here is their menu for Main Courses. You can get your Mussels in the Linguini, or in their Special Harbourside Seafood Platter.

http://www.harboursiderestaurant.co.nz/menus/main.htm

We tried the John Dory and were very happy campers!!

Just wanted to chime in on my opinion for a pre cruise hotel in Auckland. We just returned from a month in AU, NZ, starting with a Princess cruise, AUK to SYD. We stayed at the Sky City GRAND (not Sky City) for three nights. Booked on their website and got a rate for one of the nights that included wonderful buffet breakfast. I booked the other two nights on wotif.com. The hotel upgraded us and we had wonderful, luxurious accommodations. Took cab to ship, just a few blocks, $13.

Just wanted to chime in on my opinion for a pre cruise hotel in Auckland. We just returned from a month in AU, NZ, starting with a Princess cruise, AUK to SYD. We stayed at the Sky City GRAND (not Sky City) for three nights. Booked on their website and got a rate for one of the nights that included wonderful buffet breakfast. I booked the other two nights on wotif.com. The hotel upgraded us and we had wonderful, luxurious accommodations. Took cab to ship, just a few blocks, $13.

Thanks

Archived