Island Intensive Cruise, Who Wants In?????

jlane

Help us name our Group Cruise on the Victory 3/22/09? Banners to follow!  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Help us name our Group Cruise on the Victory 3/22/09? Banners to follow!

• Wings of Victory
    • Victorious Villians
    • Victory Vagabonds
    • Victory Voyagers
    • Pirates of the Southern Caribbean
    • Conquering 7 Islands in 7 Days
    • Victory Island Pirates (VIPs)
    • Victory Virgin Vagabonds (3VPs)
    • WOW, the list is endless, but voice your opinion...

Hi All,

Trying to pull together another group cruise and would like to find out who would be interested in joining in on an island-hopping type of itinerary aboard the Carnival Victory. This would be a 7-day Southern starting in San Juan on March 22, 2009.

Not just 4, not 5, not 6, but SEVEN ports of call!!! Here's the itinerary:

Sunday: Leave San Juan, 10pm

Monday: St Thomas, 7am-5pm

Tuesday: Dominica, 10am-6pm

Wednesday: Barbados, 8am-5pm

Thursday: St Lucia, 8am-5pm

Friday: Antigua, 8am-6pm

Saturday: St Kitts, 7am-4pm

Sunday: San Juan, 7am

I don't have pricing yet (need to confirm this with the CC community manager Laura), but let's start a list.

Yes, I'm interested and will sign up once the group get's posted:

1. Jodie & Tom

I cant say for sure due to some possible timing issues but I know we are VERY interested in doing that itinerary!

The itinerary is what caught my eye on this one. I've been to all of these islands and they are awesome. I'll put you down as a tentative!!! Yeah!!! :D

Very interested in the ports, but you are one week ahead of our schools spring break. The boys will miss a few days over Thanksgiving, so they won't be missing any for spring break.

I can relate. We took our 2 teenage DDs this past March before Spring break. I will say that it was hard for them, but they are taking AP classes in HS already and it was a lot of make-up work.

How old are your boys?

Sounds interesting. I'd think about it depending on the time period.

Laura,

I'm looking at departing from San Juan on March 22nd. One of the best things about this date/time-frame is that there is going to be no moon.

No moon... you ask me????

Last time we took out of San Juan, my DH and I were able to do a bio-luminescence bay tour. It was THE most exciting excursion we've done. But the best times to go are when there is no moon to very little moon. This weekend is by far the best. We plan on coming in on Friday and enjoying the whole day Saturday exploring San Juan and ending it with a trip to one of the bays (they have 2 or 3 from what I remember). And, then on Sunday boarding the Victory to see some more great ports.

Some of my other favorite islands include Barbados, Antigua, and St Lucia... ok also Dominica and St Kitts.

Jodie

bio-luminescence bay tour? please 'splain..?

Back in 2005, we sailed on the Destiny out of San Juan. We came in a day early and hooked up with a tour guide that we found on CC.

Our guide took us to the Fajardo bay. We had to kayak into the bay from the ocean shore. Our tour guide was "licensed" to enter the bay and he was very eco-friendly (like coral reefs, this too is a fragile system).

Basically, in the water there are mico-organisms that illuminate as they are touched. I am not a night time swimmer, but when I saw the beauty, I got into the water to experience this blue illumination everywhere.

Here's a link explaining more: http://www.interhabit.com/san_juan/bioluminescent_bay_in_fajardo_740-51219-203-9-44.htm

I can relate. We took our 2 teenage DDs this past March before Spring break. I will say that it was hard for them, but they are taking AP classes in HS already and it was a lot of make-up work.

How old are your boys?

Next school year, they will be in 6th grade, 5th grade and pre K. With my oldest in middle school, we decided to have him only miss either 2 or 3 days right at Thanksgiving when it is less busy at school. He did just fine this past year missing 6 days; but the rates for Thanksgiving weren't too bad this year, so we'll try that. I am trying to talk my dh into doing another one over spring break. The victory or triumph look great to me as I could put 5 in a room. With me and the four guys - I know we could manage that. And I love the Victory's itinerary.

Hi All,

Trying to pull together another group cruise and would like to find out who would be interested in joining in on an island-hopping type of itinerary aboard the Carnival Victory. This would be a 7-day Southern starting in San Juan on March 22, 2009.

I don't have pricing yet (need to confirm this with the CC community manager Laura), but let's start a list.

1. Jodie & Tom

Yes I am interested Julie and Randall (jrmende63)

Hi All,

1. Jodie & Tom

2. Julie &Randall

Hi All,

1. Jodie & Tom

Yes! I have been eyeing this itinerary for a few weeks and the timing is perfect. Put me down for 2 but I'm almost positive I can get others to join in :D I'm so glad to see a group forming for this itinerary!!!!

I'm still not 100% sure about my job next year or my spring break schedule, but if it fits in and I have cash, I'm in! I would be a solo sailer.

ETA: cabin 2445 is available, I may have to jump on board! Teehee!

Hi All,

1. Jodie & Tom

Wow! Sound like a great time! I myself am looking at this exact same itinerary for Sept 2009-- so I'll expect to hear all of your reviews!!!

We already booked for Januaury 2009 and I can't wait! This is an awesome itinerary. We did this cruise in 2007 on the Destiny but St Kitts was not part of it. Now with that added it's even better. Anyone considering this one won't be disappointed. I don't know about March rates but the January rates we got was the cheapest cruise going for the next year out (minus las minute specials).

You can hit the duty free right in the terminal too and bring goodies in your carry on bag.

We have no idea what our next cruise will be (or when) but if it's near this time, we'll sign up!

Our son just brought something home about his "senior trip" for next spring. It's to an all-inclusive place in Cancun with a travel group called Gradweek.

Anyone ever hear of that group?

Archived