Need room help!

NoleWoman

I'll be traveling with my DH and 2 DDs (8 and 5) on the Carnival Conquest. Right now we're in a regular OV (6B) cabin, but I am going to change that. I had planned on switching to a 6E but by the time I decided, they told me they were sold out. Well then yesterday when I called again they said they had some. Just to confuse me even more lol!

Anyway... we are deciding between the 6E family stateroom or a balcony, it would be an 8C on the Verandah deck. This will be our first cruise.

I have some concerns about the balcony w/the kids but my girls are good AND I would never let them out there alone so it's only a mild worry. So I made a list of pros and cons of each type and still can't decide.

6E pros - only 1 floor down from camp carnival, 2 floors up from lido/pool, no balcony worries, quiet, use of the spa bathrooms if need be.

6E cons - higher up so may feel more movement

8C pros - fresh air from the balcony, place to sit if the kids are sleeping, 1 floor below pool/food, the cabin we are looking it has rooms above & below so no chairs scraping

8C cons - balcony worries, smaller cabin space (185 interior room vs 220ish of 6E), 4 floors below camp carnival so a longer walk, more money ($216 diff.)

With kids that are my kids' ages, which do you think would be the better option? I like that the 6E's are so close to Camp Carnival, I'm thinking even at night when we're getting ready we can run them up there for a half hour so they're not sitting in the room bored waiting for us. Then again, they may not want to go there so proximity won't matter. But then the option of the balcony to sit on at night if we put them to bed early and we're not ready for bed yet is nice too.

I know the decision is ultimately mine, what's more important to me, but I don't really know the answer to that! I am terrible at making decisions and my DH really has no opinion. Just looking for some help from other people who have cruised w/kids. Thanks!!

IMO, if I could spend the $216 more, the other factors don't make that much difference. I'd take the balcony; sitting outside while the kids are sleeping would make all the difference.

You will find the extra flights up or down to CC make no difference.

We are going on Legend in June, and we have 2 balcony cabins. Our kids are now 13 and 8. But on two previous cruises (Conquest and Liberty), we got the 6E cabins, and liked them. I really liked being on the Spa deck (my favorite place on board), and DH liked being so close to CC.

Have a great time!

Thanks for the advice, we ended up booking a balcony on the verandah deck, right by the forward elevators. So a quick walk or ride up to CC, the spa, lido. Not sure how many nights we'll actually put the kids to bed earlier than WE are ready for bed since we're going with a lot of family members, but it will be nice to sit out there w/my morning coffee and a nighttime glass of wine :)

Archived