Are TA's required to give OBC?

No, not sure why an agent would unless they held group space and offered it as an incentive because of the GAP points. :confused:

I have two reservations with RCL. I decided to do them myselves and be in control after reading many posts here. With that said, I also read here that many "transfer" their booking for perks. I had two TA's that I had used successfully with prior cruises. I have sent them each an email asking if I transfer my reservation to them before final payment do they have any benefit in doing so. With the two TA's, one offered OBC and the other offered prepaid gratitues. I had not idea what they would offer, and if it was nothing, I was fine with that. So, no harm in asking.

I am watching both reservations for price drops, having my own OBC credit applied for stock and next cruise and eventually the VISA program, so all the TA should do is send me my documents... and in return, I will have a nice benefit. For me it seems like a win - win. I should say that I have never transferred before, but from reading the boards, it sounds "simple".

Can anyone share with me how the OBC for shareholders works? how much stock do you have to own? for how long? how much do you get for owning stock?

100 shares and you get

$250 Onboard Credit per Stateroom on Sailings of 14 or more nights.

$200 Onboard Credit per Stateroom on Sailings of 9 to 13 nights.

$100 Onboard Credit per Stateroom on Sailings of 6 to 8 nights.

$50 Onboard Credit per Stateroom on Sailings of 5 nights or less.

Applicable on any Royal Caribbean, Celebrity Cruises or Azamara Cruises Sailings. (excludes Celebrity Xpeditions)

http://phx.corporate-ir.net/phoenix.zhtml?c=103045&p=irol-shareholderbenefit

But, you would also have to spend over $3300 to get 100 shares of RCI stock to get $100 for a 7 nt cruise. So, unless you really want RCI stock I would invest elsewhere.:)
You're not really "spending" the money... you're "investing" the money. Plus, we have gotten over $700 OBC since we bought the stock. The stock is probably something our kids will end up getting as part of their inheritance.

Tim

Archived