HELP! Newbie needs advice about what to do in Nassau!

I'm on NOS in 2 weeks and they've changed the port again! Thought we were going to Freeport, now turns out it's Nassau.

Does anybody know anything about day trips to Atlantis? How about other hotels just to use their facilities? We won't really have a "beach day" as we're not going to Labadee, so are the beaches good in Nassau? Which is best way to get there?

You can use the beach at Paradise Island - where Atlantis is, just not any of the "facilities." (chairs etc.) The water might still be a little cold. (It is Atlantic water.) You can do a horse cart ride in Nassau itself. The ride isn't very long, but it is nice and you get an overview of where you are. If you are into crystal, figurines and that sort of thing, the shopping is pretty good. The last time I was there, I found an outlet type store with some real buys on Royal Doulton and Spode. The stuff is different every time I go. Be sure you know the price of everything you are interested in stateside. There is also a nice little anitque dealer in a second floor shop in the main shopping area. I have always found nice stuff there.
We have been to Nassau lots. Even stayed there for 10 days once. Yes, the straw market is mostly for tourists. In fact, a lot of the stuff you will see is made up just for us. But, Nassau is a lovely place all on its own. I am sorry I don't have addresses. We just love to explore whenever we get to an island. Hope you have fun.

Work like a dog. Live like a pauper. Save all your money. Then Cruise!

We went to the Atlantis, for a week...They won't let you use the slide or pool..Unless you stay there. You can view the Aquar. for a fee of 25pp...When we went on a cruise last year we stopped there, and if you are there till midnight, go to the hotel after dinner you can view every bit of the hotel then, without a charge. While on the cruise we did the yellowbird tour, From RC...It takes you to a beach, owned by Sandals resort. There is also a stingray area, to swim with them, for a fee of 25pp. Hope all this helps..Beach and party boat were nice...

[img]http://hometown.aol.com/jiminy321/images/cindyhm.gif[/img]
[img]http://www.animationlibrary.com/Animation11/Hobbies_and_Entertainment/Travel/Tourist_woman.gif[/img]

4/25/04 AOS... HERE WE COME...
[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=4169e1&cdt=2004;4;25;22;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500[/img]

We've been to the Blue Lagoon twice and really enjoy the quiet and relaxation. Of course that excursion was through Carnival not RCI and I haven't bothered checking excursions yet 'cause I have too much time between now and my next cruise and it would just be too depressing to look and then the excursion we want not be available and . . . ok - sorry, I'm rambling. I don't know why, maybe 'cause it's Thursday, I don't know.

[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=dc143c&cdt=2004;11;20;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500[/img]
till my Voyage of the Seas

• 4 years later...
[quote name='dubliners']I'm on NOS in 2 weeks and they've changed the port again! Thought we were going to Freeport, now turns out it's Nassau.

Does anybody know anything about day trips to Atlantis? How about other hotels just to use their facilities? We won't really have a "beach day" as we're not going to Labadee, so are the beaches good in Nassau? Which is best way to get there?[/QUOTE]
This is an old post from 4 years ago but thought I would reactivate the thread to get something new going.
My recomendation is avoid the Old Straw Market unless you are extreamly good at negotiating prices. It is 100% haggle zone there. It is fun to watch others there.

[quote name='ScottC4746']This is an old post from 4 years ago but thought I would reactivate the thread to get something new going.
My recomendation is avoid the Old Straw Market unless you are extreamly good at negotiating prices. It is 100% haggle zone there. It is fun to watch others there.[/quote]

Just wondering how you found a thread 4 years old..........never mind why:confused:

Just don't let somebody hang a "Free" souvenier on you. They'll want a $20-$30 tip for it.

Be adventurous.. Take the water taxi to Paradise Island and make your own walking tour around Atlantis.

From a water taxi...
[IMG]http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3001/2336665562_279a08373c_b.jpg[/IMG]

Archived