QE2 in Sydney

Lestel

Hi

For anyone that may be interested and uses Google Earth (a very addictive time waster!) the images of Sydney Harbour have been updated and now feature the QE2 berthed at the Overseas Passenger Terminal at Circular Quay. Not being cruise ship experts my son & I only worked it out by zooming in on her and seeing the call sign GBTT. A google search later and we realised it was the QE2 although I have no idea whether this was taken on her most recent visit - perhaps someone else may be able to work that one out. I will paste a couple of screen captures below for those who don't use Google Earth. Hope you enjoy.

Lesley :)

2386375240_5bbd4a3333_o.jpg

2385553609_3379c964c0_o.jpg

great photos. I was only checking out google earth a couple of days ago and saw they had updated our area too. You could even see the bench in our back yard.

have also had much fun checking out disneyworld!!

They must have updated the pictures again in the last few weeks. Up until then the ferry just to the port at the rear was running into another ferry. There was also a ferry half sunk at the Quay and another on the opposite side of the bay. The herald carried a story about how the photo-matching had gone astray.

Hi

For anyone that may be interested and uses Google Earth (a very addictive time waster!) the images of Sydney Harbour have been updated and now feature the QE2 berthed at the Overseas Passenger Terminal at Circular Quay.

Fantastic shots! Thanks. They couldn't have picked a better day to take it, could they?

BTW for those QE2 lovers like me, QE2 will be transiting the Panama Canal in just over a day. I'll do up a movie of it for those who are interested.

Lestel, you should post a link to your post for our friends on the Cunard board. I think they'd love to have a look at it.

Alas, this image was taken on 21st February 2007.

At the time the sattelite image was taken, the other two ships in port are:

Wharf 8 - Van Gogh

Darling Harbour 3 (just west of the bridge) a Silversea ship (Silver Wind, I think).

These are the ships that were in port the morning after the QM2\QE2 2007 version of the 2 Queens.

Thanks for the info on the date and the other ships that were there Geoff.

I have posted a link Neilius in the Cunard forum in case they haven't seen it before.

Glad you've all enjoyed the pictures. It will be interesting to see how long that remains the current image.

Lesley :)

Archived