Drinks for a Non Drinker

memecakes

I can not drink alcohol with the meds that I am on. I know all about the free drinks of juice and lemonade and such, but what I would like to know if you all have any good "bar drinks" I can try that do not have alcohol in them. Thanks!

I can not drink alcohol with the meds that I am on. I know all about the free drinks of juice and lemonade and such, but what I would like to know if you all have any good "bar drinks" I can try that do not have alcohol in them. Thanks!

I also am a non drinker and while the DW had her drinks I enjoyed the fruit smoothies (virgin daquaries) very much, especially the banana ones. I also had the "kids" version of the drink of the day a few times nad found it very good everytime.

Any foo foo or drink of the day without the liquor will taste just as good. If you try some of the mixed-fruit drinks (Orange Julius), or from other locations in the mall or even go online for different non-alcoholic drinks and you like them, you can tell the bartender how to make them.

Yup - one of my friends was pregnant on our cruise a few years ago (she found out about a week before - oops!).... She would just ask the bartender each night for something new and fun - sans alcohol - they came up with some pretty good stuff!

I'll be sailing with my own passenger on board in a few weeks and have been daydreaming about virgin coladas!

I found these online.. don't know if all are doable on the ship but they are a start!

Big Pants

Half fill a tall glass with crushed ice * Pour over equal parts of orange & mango juice * Top up with plenty of ginger ale * Add a dash of grenadine * Garnish with a slice of lime (or a cherry if you prefer).

glass1small.gif

Blue Soup

Pour a splash of grenadine into a bowl of raspberry flavoured sports drink, garnish with plastic string (optional).

Drink with a spoon.

glass2small.gif

Shrinkwrapped Cucumber

Half fill a tall glass with crushed ice. Add half-and-half apple juice and diet tonic water.

Garnish with a slice of cucumber.

glass1small.gif

Temperance Tantrum

3 oz. cranberry juice, 2 oz. orange juice, squeeze of lemon, ginger ale.

Blend the juices with ice until smooth, then top up with the ginger ale.

Garnish with a fiery chilli pepper.

glass2small.gif

Raining Men

Put 1/2 glass of ice, 4 oz. orange juice, 4 strawberries, 1 banana into a blender.

Blend until smooth. Garnish with fresh fruit as appropriate.

glass1small.gif

Mister Darcy

4 oz. Orange juice, 1 fresh Peach or Nectarine, dash of Grenadine.

Blend with ice until smooth.

You can get almost any of the frozen foo foo drinks without alcohol for a buck less. The miami vice, pina colada, etc. Enjoy!!
So if you walk with your own liquor,all you have to do is ask for it virgin and put as much as your own alcohol in it,thanks for the info.

Yup - one of my friends was pregnant on our cruise a few years ago (she found out about a week before - oops!).... She would just ask the bartender each night for something new and fun - sans alcohol - they came up with some pretty good stuff!

That sounds like a good idea! (not the pregnant part!) The bartenders should have good ideas.

That sounds like a great fun idea. Let the bartender have some fun, too.

Ask for a virgin kiss on the lips!

LOL, that drink is as close to non alcoholic as you can get, but without the peach schnapps, it would be touch to have the same taste. Otherwise it would just be mango mix and grenadine.

Archived