T/A, OBC and future cruise question...

I'm not sure but, I think we've found the best of all worlds. On the cruise we are taking in 2 weeks we booked just about 1 year ago while onboard AOS. Earned $200 OBC from RCL for booking onboard (2 week cruise balcony). then returned home and transferred the booking to my internet TA (who is also a brick & mortar agency). Earned an additional $400 OBC (they rebate 9% of fare). She has faithfully redeemed coupons, quickly answers questions. etc. she's a happy camper & we have $750 OBC ($200 RCL, $400 TA, $150 Fuel Ripoff).

I'm with the OP I'd rather have OBC then wine or flowers.

Rebating is not allowed.

I've led a number of groups using several different cruiselines, but never got "only" a bottle of wine. If I were you, if you are happy with the service, just call and ask why you're not getting the free berth, amenity points for your group, etc. Give your current TA a fair chance to respond. IMHO

With Royal Caribbean, your TA does not have to "fight" for a price drop. Very simple. If you were booked with RC directly, you would just call RC and the price drop would be credited to your account.

Something that is relatively new with RCL. You, as an individual, cannot book a group cruise anymore. From now on make sure you let you're TA know your expectation prior to the cruise. Have him/her check for GAP points before you book and discuss the TC. If he/she tells you you arn't entitled to the TC for the 8 staterooms (not people) of 2 per stateroom, run don't walk to another TA.

Marilyn

"Rebating is not allowed."

I apologize, I really shouldn't have a drink at lunch & then post. My TA does NOT rebate (if that is not allowed).

They do however generously and consistently GIFT OBC in the amount of 9% of the cruise fare.

Again I apologize when in an alcoholic fervor I stupidly called this innocent practice "rebating". I guess I shouldn't drink.

Just for my edification though, what is the significant distinction between gifting & rebating? No, there is no contractual arrangement, other then a loosely worded suggestion that I can anticipate receiving a 9% gift.

Archived