T/A, OBC and future cruise question...

klfhngr

This might be a touchy subject, but as I read other posts, I notice that some TA's give there clients OBC or other things. On this cruise, I'm only getting a bottle of wine, and that's after booking a group! I've booked approx. 10 groups with her and only end up with a bottle of wine, is there something wrong here??! Is it time for me to go elsewhere??

You should be getting at least one free berth, just the cruise portion, of the most booked category.

Then you get to pick something from a list of what you can get. Maybe the TA is not doing it as a group booking, you are all booking individually? You can call Carnival group cruises dept.

Depending on the size of the group.....If you book more then 8 cabins or 16 people....you should get alot more then a bottle of wine....8 Cabins is where the group rate begins.

The size of the group has nothing at all to do with the amenities you receive with a group cruise.

So you are getting a free cabin and a bottle of wine? If yes i think thats not a bad deal.

NO FREE cruise.. two bottles of wine, I brought this to her attention and they said that they'd get us another bottle of wine!

This might be a touchy subject, but as I read other posts, I notice that some TA's give there clients OBC or other things. On this cruise, I'm only getting a bottle of wine, and that's after booking a group! I've booked approx. 10 groups with her and only end up with a bottle of wine, is there something wrong here??! Is it time for me to go elsewhere??

We booked a group cruise for our family cruise in May. We had originally booked 8 cabins. 3 of the Cabins backed out so we ended up with only 5 cabins. We still got the group rate though. Plus we got 6 Amenity points. There was a list we could choose what to "spend" the points on. We chose $100 OBC for 4 points, a Bottle of wine for 1 Point and a Picture Coupon for 1 point. There were other things we could have spent the points on but that's what our group decided on.

We booked a group cruise for our family cruise in May. We had originally booked 8 cabins. 3 of the Cabins backed out so we ended up with only 5 cabins. We still got the group rate though. Plus we got 6 Amenity points. There was a list we could choose what to "spend" the points on. We chose $100 OBC for 4 points, a Bottle of wine for 1 Point and a Picture Coupon for 1 point. There were other things we could have spent the points on but that's what our group decided on.

Hey girl whats the Amenity points all about never herd about that b4? Is it only for group cruises?

When I say 'we', I meant the whole group, I divy it up..... Everyone knows that a TC gets a freebie....

Well you are getting a free cruise and a bottle of wine YOU divy it up but you do get it. Not trying to sound mean cause i know nothing about planning a group cruise.

Hey girl whats the Amenity points all about never herd about that b4? Is it only for group cruises?

I hadn't heard of them either until I booked this cruise for my family. You get so many points based on the number of cabins. Ours was only 6 because we only ended up with 5 cabins. Then there is a list they you 'spend' your points on. I think it's a group cruise thing though.

I hadn't heard of them either until I booked this cruise for my family. You get so many points based on the number of cabins. Ours was only 6 because we only ended up with 5 cabins. Then there is a list they you 'spend' your points on. I think it's a group cruise thing though.

0k thanks learn something new everyday.;)

If I can find the paper that had the break down on the points I'll scan it and post it. (But I have NO idea where it is!)

I guess doing group cruises is the only way to get the points and i dont plan on arranging a group cruise so im out lol.:rolleyes:

I may be a little off course here but, it sounds like you booked through a local TA not a Carnival employee. If that's the case, if after 10 group cruises booked I only gotten a bottle of wine I'd look for another TA! I understand that you may have gotten your cruise fare gratis, but look at all the income the TA has from everyone else. It doesn't seem like they want to keep your business.

I may be a little off course here but, it sounds like you booked through a local TA not a Carnival employee. If that's the case, if after 10 group cruises booked I only gotten a bottle of wine I'd look for another TA! I understand that you may have gotten your cruise fare gratis, but look at all the income the TA has from everyone else. It doesn't seem like they want to keep your business.

This is the point I was trying to make! Thank you!

You should be getting at least one free berth, just the cruise portion, of the most booked category.

Then you get to pick something from a list of what you can get. Maybe the TA is not doing it as a group booking, you are all booking individually? You can call Carnival group cruises dept.

The berth doesn't have to be given to the pax. The TA has the option to keep it, divide the money as OBC's, or take the money as extra commission. It's completely up to the TA has to what happens to it.

It's not just cabins, but on the type cruise. Some sailings have smaller points, some sailings have larger points.

I recently booked a group cruise through a TA as I was part of a group he booked last year. We got the group rate and amenities but I was thinking we would get something in the cabin as we had the year before...but..we got nothing,even though I booked more cabins with him...and because I ended up with a few problems I am thinking next time I will just do it through the group desk again!!! I would also search out a new TA

Mel

I recently booked a group cruise through a TA as I was part of a group he booked last year. We got the group rate and amenities but I was thinking we would get something in the cabin as we had the year before...but..we got nothing,even though I booked more cabins with him...and because I ended up with a few problems I am thinking next time I will just do it through the group desk again!!! I would also search out a new TA

Mel

When you say amenities, what are you talking about?

Originally Posted by lrskill viewpost.gif

It's not just cabins, but on the type cruise. Some sailings have smaller points, some sailings have larger points.

Like I mentioned earlier, the number of cabins you have in your group as nothing to do with the number of amenity points the group receives. Some cruises have ZERO points. Some sailings have little or no group space to begin with.

Archived