Requesting Shareholder benefit / OBC

Barek

So I have everything I need to request the OBC ... I'm just wondering if anyone has a standard form or wording that they use when sending the fax.

Just say "I'm requesting onboard credit for shareholder benefit, my info follows" with name, res#, ship, sailing date, and proof of ownership ... or something different?

Okay, I know this is a minor detail ... what can I say - mental meltdown ... the cruise is for a honeymoon, so way too much on my mind at the moment to think how to word the letter. :o

I just have a brief cover letter To Whom it May Concern stating my name, sailing date and ship, booking number and cabin number. Stating I am requesting my CCL Corp ship board credit for this sailing. I then fax it to 206-281-0627

I faxed this just this week Tuesday afternoon at about 4PM and by 10 AM the next morning my TA already saw it credited:)

Thanks for the info! One or two more questions ... I'll be faxing a copy of my statement - for those who do that instead of share certificates, do you usually black out the other holdings in the account? Or do they want a non-marked-up copy? Oh, and only the relevant page I'm guessing, right?

Thanks for the info! One or two more questions ... I'll be faxing a copy of my statement - for those who do that instead of share certificates, do you usually black out the other holdings in the account? Or do they want a non-marked-up copy? Oh, and only the relevant page I'm guessing, right?

I only send over my recent Ameritrade statement. I do not have a lot with Ameritrade other than CCL and a few other very small accounts that are all currently in a loss. So other than the account number I do not black out anything else. But I am sure there are others that they do black out other accounts and ot should not be a problem. I think as long as your name is somewhere to verify it is you that owns the CCL stock.

• 2 weeks later...

On recent cruises, I sent the following by US Mail, addressed to the appropriate addresses. I have used this outline with both Carnival and Costa and had no trouble and I plan to use it again for an upcoming HAL cruise. I try to send it about 4 months before the cruise.

"I would like to apply for my shareholder's onboard credit for an upcoming cruise:

My name is *********

Reservation Number *********

Ship *********

Sailing Date *********

Initial Deposit Made *********

Booking Agent *********

Proof of ownership Attached copy of latest brokerage statement.

Thank you "

On recent cruises, I sent the following by US Mail, addressed to the appropriate addresses. I have used this outline with both Carnival and Costa and had no trouble and I plan to use it again for an upcoming HAL cruise. I try to send it about 4 months before the cruise.

"I would like to apply for my shareholder's onboard credit for an upcoming cruise:

My name is *********

Reservation Number *********

Ship *********

Sailing Date *********

Initial Deposit Made *********

Booking Agent *********

Proof of ownership Attached copy of latest brokerage statement.

Thank you "

How much is the credit?

Ahoy!

Another means of receiving the OBC is to simply email the cover letter with a brokerage statement attached (e.g Ameritrade, other.) I would advise you to X out your account number, various statement balances, etc. if doing so. They just want to verify that your a 'current' stockholder with at least 100 shares of common stock.

We've done it twice the past 12 months. We normally get a confirmation / response within 24 hours. Be sure to print a copy to include with your travel documents.

We no longer send a fax and now save stamp or two.

Email to: worldcruisereservations@hollandamerica.com

Attention: Karen Stuart

Good luck & have a WONDERFUL CRUISE!

Bon Voyage & Good Health!

Bob:)

When is the earliest anyone has requested the OBC? Do you have to wait until final payment?

For my last cruise -- Volendam 10/17/07

Booked with PCC -- March 5, 07

Requested stock credit March 20, 07 (6:44 pm) via email

Received confirmation March 21, 07 (11:56 am) via email

Final Payment August 3, 2007

One thing to note, the requirement is that the stock is owned on the day of sailing. They could (but would they) revoke the credit if you sell the stock before you sail.

Rich

Archived