Pics of balconies right next to the hump

No--you will NOT look into a balcony!!!!! You will be looking at the ocean! You can only see into another balcony if you make a concerted effort and lean around the partition on Voyager class ships! On Radiance class, you'll notice this is taken from far away from the balcony partition. If you are in that cabin, next to the hump, you won't be able to see "aft", but you will have a full view forward and out.

Edit: If you are asking about the Mariner, that is a different view. You will not be able to see around the hump on the Mariner. It is more bowed that the Radiance class ships.

This is the Mariner.

1620 is the Royal Suite. Someone marked it wrong. ;)

2001251604247032898_rs.jpg

This is the Voyager class ship with the solid balcony. Adventure, Voyager and Explorer. Navigator and Mariner have the semi clear.

This thumbnail is the Adventure of the seas hump cabin view. It shows you what it looks like from the first cabin on the hump.

I believe you can see it would be difficult to see around it when you add the rest of the bow as in the Mariner picture.

Thank you! :)

So, my guess is that I'm right... if you were to look towards the aft you would just be looking into another balcony?

If you are at the railing , you can't see in the next ones while not at the rail. If you were to look aft from my balcony it stuck out further so you see the side and then have to look out to water and since the balcony is out further you can't see into it at all. Hope this makes sense.

This is the view looking forward from 1340 on the Voyager. We were four cabins aft of the hump. The picture was taken in Cozumel where we shared the pier with the Freedom.

2756783380064365838S600x600Q85.jpg

Here's the view looking forward from 9612 on the Mariner. This cabin was the second cabin on the hump.

2981537820064365838S600x600Q85.jpg

Finally, here's a picture taken on the Explorer. I was in cabin 9300(?) when I took this picture of my mom. Her cabin was the last one forward of the hump.

2069225360064365838S600x600Q85.jpg

This is the view looking forward from 1340 on the Voyager. We were four cabins aft of the hump. The picture was taken in Cozumel where we shared the pier with the Freedom.

2756783380064365838S600x600Q85.jpg

Here's the view looking forward from 9612 on the Mariner. This cabin was the second cabin on the hump.

2981537820064365838S600x600Q85.jpg

Finally, here's a picture taken on the Explorer. I was in cabin 9300(?) when I took this picture of my mom. Her cabin was the last one forward of the hump.

2069225360064365838S600x600Q85.jpg

Great pictures showing how the view will be blocked on the Voyager class near the hump cabins.

That is the best I have seen. ;)

We are planning to go on the Voyager in early 2009 and I am confused about the balcony thread going on here. On decks 7 and 8, are the balconies separated by partitions all the way out to the rail? The reason I ask is that we were on the Jewel this past year and the HUMP balconies had partitions all the way to the rail (so you had to look over and around to see the people next to you) whereas the cabins on the straight part of the deck had balconies that had partitions for 2/3rds of the length of the deck but were open with a wooden rail on the last 1/3rd of the length out toward the outside rail of the balcony.

And one more question, on the Princess, we could open a door between the balconies to open up the space with friends who were next door. I have heard that some RCCL boats have this feature as well. Does anyone know if the Voyager has that feature?

Thanks,

Barbara

This is the view forward from 8586 on the Serenade, first forward hump balcony

IMG_2520-1.jpg

Thanks for the great picture. If you look at the top pop out of the hump, which is deck 10, you will notice that the owners suite balcony.....has an extra table and 4 chairs.......on the balcony. I know that you cannot see it in this picture.........but on the Jewel.......cabins 1058 and 1560 both enjoy an extra table on the balcony.

The only reason that I bring this up.........is that we have had dinner with friends......served to us on the balcony......with linen table clothes......on a ta crossing. These are the only two cabins that have the room and table to do this.

Just an observation for those that enjoy an OS.

This is the fore facing hump on the Radiance.

The first shot is looking aft in the cabin behind us. If you just slightly look around, you can see both ways.

2601755920081185862S600x600Q85.jpg

Teh second shot is the hump cabins from the ground. When looking fore, you can see everything, the view was great.

2505564750081185862S600x600Q85.jpg

This is the fore facing hump on the Radiance.

The first shot is looking aft in the cabin behind us. If you just slightly look around, you can see both ways.

2601755920081185862S600x600Q85.jpg

Teh second shot is the hump cabins from the ground. When looking fore, you can see everything, the view was great.

2505564750081185862S600x600Q85.jpg

Dave........great pics.

Take a look at the second shot.........count up to the top Suite deck.........that's deck 10 and look at the space at the hump. It's about twice the space of any other OS.

I only discovered this a couple of years ago........and would not pick any other cabin.

Thanks everyone. Now I know what to expect with the Mariner, just have to find out about the Freedom class. :)

Dave........great pics.

Take a look at the second shot.........count up to the top Suite deck.........that's deck 10 and look at the space at the hump. It's about twice the space of any other OS.

I only discovered this a couple of years ago........and would not pick any other cabin.

Can you help a RCI virgin and explain how I can figure out (from the 2nd pic) what one is the Suite Deck/Deck 10.

• 2 months later...

Hey Rubrrick, we are booked for OS 1560 on the Jewel for Panama Canal. I wasn't sure, but I gather from what you're saying that the balcony on 1560 is much bigger than the normal OS balcony? Do you happen to have any pix of that particular balcony? I'd really appreciate it! :)

would you mind posting the room number for this one??? we are in 9324....and wondering if we will be able to see onto other balconies

9324 would be the second cabin on the curve if you were looking forward from the aft part of the ship. To truly see onto another balcony you would have to make an effort to lean around the partition. You will be able to see people standing at the rail of their balconies, but that's true of almost any cabin. Your view angle should be similar to the one I posted of 9612, but yours will be aft instead of forward.

Okay so now I am even more confused. Are the Owners Suite balconies on Jewel the same as the other Radiance class OS balconies (where it doesn't stretch the length of the room). Looking at the deck plans, they are the same however when I look at photos on the cruise stateroom site, it looks like the balconies run the full length of the room. Are the floor plans wrong?

Archived