What time should we arrive in Bayonne, NJ?

dibri'e

Hi!

My family and I are going tomorrow out of Cape Liberty, Bayonne, NJ on the Explorer of the Seas. Does anyone know what time they start letting passengers on the ship? What time should we arrive there?

Thank you!

First of all, I am extremely jealous. You are going to have a great time! We got there around 11 and we were on the ship eating lunch at the windjammer by 11:30-11:45. Sigh.....

Have a blast for me!!! :D

Laura

My family and I are going tomorrow out of Cape Liberty' date=' Bayonne, NJ on the Explorer of the Seas. Does anyone know what time they start letting passengers on the ship? What time should we arrive there?[/quote']Take good care of the Explorer! We board her on April 11...:D

We are planning to arrive in the 1130 - 1200 range...:) You should be fine!! Have a GREAT cruise!:p

I will say that the only downside of our entire experience on the Explorer was the disembarkation. Took forever. The embarking took a little longer than usual cruises because we had to wait for buses, etc. Otherwise, a great ship with a great crew. Enjoy!

We just got back from the Eastern Caribbean today and didn't get off the ship until 11:45 and we weren't the last group off. There were still 3 colors after ours to be called. So I think that the ship wasn't empty until approx. 12:30. We weren't able to board on 3/28 until 1:00. Boarding went quickly but disembarktion was really slow and was quite confusing. I was also wondering if anyone posted on this site about the bus accident in the Dominican Republic last Tuesday, it was a group of 59 people who booked their tour through RCCL. The bus was hit by a garbage truck and one man had to be air lifted to Miami. The bus hit a tree and was tipped to the side. They were unable to get out of the bus because there is only one door on the bus, which was crushed in the accident. They aren't required to have rear exits. People had to kick out windows to get out of the bus. RCCL hired a private group out of Miami, to investigate the accident. I was sitting with a woman in the promenade this morning, who was in the accident, her face was really bruised from the accident. She said that RCCL is paying for the cruise for everyone involved in the accident.

WOW! Quite an ordeal... :( Luckily they were on an RCI sponsored excursion, so they (RCI) have to 'stand behind it'..:p

We have only booked one excursion thru RCI, and its in the DR, as we have never been to the port before, and were a tad leary! Maybe for good reason...;) Naturally, what are the chances of being 'hit by a garbage truck'...:eek:

We can only hope that all goes well for the current sailing to Bermuda, and that we are able to board on time for our April 11, 2008 nine (9) day cruise to the Caribbean:D We ALL need a great cruise...:)

We also booked only 1 trip through RCCL for the DR. We went to Bayahibe Beach. We were never there before either. It was a fun day. We were told before we went to book a trip because there wasn't anything close by and it could be quite dangerous venturing out by yourself....

Archived