Mexican Riviera price questions

I'm looking into booking an interior room for this cruise:

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/cruiseDetails/itineraryAndPricing.do;jsessionid=0000GIJ1TJMVITQjiaregh94fI0:12hdhua36?packageCode=MA07X006&sailDate=1090607&selectedCurrencyCode=USD

I have a few questions:

I noticed the interior room rate has dropped a hundred dollars since a couple weeks ago. Should I book now? I don't want the price to go up but could the price still drop if I wait? The cruise is still 14 months away. If I book now and the price drops will they give it to me at the lowest price? Does anyone know how much Royal Caribbean makes you put down for an initial deposit?

Thanks in advance!

if you are planning on going on this particular cruise, i would book now. rccl will honor price drops all the way up to sailing unless it is a new booking promotion.

the price does seem a little high, but it is also in june which is prime cruising season, so its really not that outrageous.

btw, you will love mariner. i plan on going out to the west coast sometime in 2009 to sail on her, i have been wanting to try something different than the caribbean anyway:) .

We are booked on the Mariner for June 09, and have already gotten one price drop. I am hoping for more, but I realize summer cruises are going to be higher.

Same here! That was our first price drop in 10 years :) We can hope for additional price drops together!!

###

Thanks everyone! I have another question:

I noticed for Puerto Vallarta, Carnival has a shore excursion for the Mismaloya Resort. I didn't see that particular excursion for Royal Caribbean. Does Royal Caribbean have that excursion or is it available to book on my own somehow?

Thanks.

RCI has a similiar one. While they do not specify the resort, from the description I think it is Paradise Village. Any beach resort will be nice. RCI does have a Las Caletas excursion. Great time! You are taken by boat right from the marina to a private cove. Once there you can snorkel, kayak, attend a cooking lesson, nature walk and parrot & monkey interactions. For additional fees you can get a massage, swim with a sea lion or scuba dive. You get lunch and it's open bar too! I've done this trip twice with RCI and about 4 - 5 times on our own when we go to PV at our time share. The tour company is vallarta-adventures.com and you can find out more info there.

Woohoo we did get a price drop for the Mariner trip I found out today. PLUS

Yesterday found the crown and anchor coupon for $150 off our cabin so I am an extra happy cruiser.

This is our 1st price drop in 11 cruises so I am really excited.:D

Archived