Country Inn and Suites to NYC

cruise 4 fun

Okay, you all talked me out of the Holland Motor Lodge! How difficult is it to get to NYC from the Country Inn and Suites?? How long will it take us (10 in our group) to get there?

Are you walking, flying (don't laugh-you CAN take a helicopter) or driving??? Public transport??? Probably take about an hour, depending on traffic if you drive. Late at night, could be as short as 20 minutes. Daytime-plan on AT LEAST 40. Public transport-probably a little longer. You will have to get back to the airport or into Jersey City for easy public transport to NYC. Country Inn and Suites DOES NOT have an airport shuttle, so taxi can easily cost $30.00.

Are you going for sightseeing??? Or to get to a the cruise port??? Answers needed to answer your question.

http://www.countryinns.com/hotels/njnewark

the Country inn at EWR (if that's the one you mean) DOES have an airport shuttle. (see link)

Then please tell them to reimburse my employee $33.85 for the taxi he took two weeks ago. He WAITED, WAITED, WAITED (almost 45 minutes), then called. The shuttle was at the mall. It would be another 45 minutes to an hour before they could get to him. He took a taxi.

He only booked on my recommendation that they had a shuttle AND it was easy to get our truck there to pick him up. And I sent him into EWR instead of JFK/LGA BECAUSE the price was cheaper in Jersey than a hotel in NY that we could get our semi into. He asked why there was no shuttle for him (he arrived EWR about 2:00PM). The front desk person told him the shuttle runs a lot between 6AM-11AM and then after 5:00PM. During the interim, they pickup and drop off at the mall and the airport is secondary. Sounds to me like they need another shuttle. I am NOT a happy camper and neither is my employee.

I'll stick with 'greatam' on this one, even tho' I haven't been there just yet!:rolleyes: However, after posting and talking and investigating, a FREE shuttle isn't everything it appears to be...! :eek: When I was desiring to book a hotel (for a group) I would call each hotel and ask about their FREE services.. No one could give me a definite, except a couple.. Those directly around the airport!:)

I'll be posting a review in a couple weeks... We leave for EWR this Wednesday, and are staying at the Sheraton Newark Airport.. AIRPORT shuttle 24/7!:p From the airport, I can use public transportation to get me most anywhere...

Those hotels in Elizabeth are 'new' to the cruising scene, and once 'up and running' for those purposes, will no doubt be better with their 'shuttles', but for now, stick with something close to EWR, especially with a 'group'.. IMHO!

We too are staying at the Country Inn & Suites on Glimcher Realty Way in Elizabeth NJ for our July 31st cruise. We are planning on taking a taxi from the hotel to the Bayonne Pier. I emailed the hotel directly and the reply I got from them on taxis is that a regular taxi will cost $65 and a mini van taxi will cost $85. We are still assuming this is the easiest way to get to the port. There are 4 of us who will split this charge so is real close to what boat transfers would cost. We also thought it was easier than loading our luggage onto the hotel shuttle to get back to the airport and then loading the luggage again to get on the transfer to the pier. Are we on the right track here? We still have time to change our plans if someone has a better idea!:confused:

We just stay there before our March 28 cruise. The hotel was wonderful, shuttle from the airport was free, and at the airport when we walked out of the terminal. The employees were nice, rooms clean.

The morning of our cruise we went down and asked the front desk to call for transportation to Cape Liberty Cruise port. The "cab" was there within 15 minutes and was actually a Chevy Escalade with leather seats, GPS, and tinted out windows. Nice ride. The trip to the pier was about 20 minutes and cost 57.00.

Hope this helps!

Archived