Bottled water included on soda card?

I've heard you can bring bottled water right on the ship. One poster even said they tie a luggage sticker/strap right onto the water and they'll bring it up to your cabin. My husand and I plan to do that for our cruise tomorrow. We'll see how that works :)

I've heard you can bring bottled water right on the ship. One poster even said they tie a luggage sticker/strap right onto the water and they'll bring it up to your cabin. My husand and I plan to do that for our cruise tomorrow. We'll see how that works :)

Yes, you can do this. I've did it several times.

What a great idea with the luggage tags!! I wonder if it would work for soda as well????? I usually get the soda card and spend more than I should on cans anyhow. I just prefer the cans. And since I'm a 6 pack a day type.....HMMMMM

What a great idea with the luggage tags!! I wonder if it would work for soda as well????? I usually get the soda card and spend more than I should on cans anyhow. I just prefer the cans. And since I'm a 6 pack a day type.....HMMMMM

I've heard of attaching the luggage tags to soda as well. A gentleman on these boards prefers Pepsi projects and so he brings his own Mountain Dew. We haven't decided if we are going to try to soda. I mean there is only so much you can fit in the back of a Rav4...lol. and at $2.02/can. That really isn't going to break us. My son will probably drink 1-2/day. He is a milk/apple juice drinker in the dining rooms. But likes soda by the pool etc.

We just bring a couple of empty water bottles (unless they have booze in them) and refill out of the tap in the room - the water on-board tastes just fine, and you don't have all that extra weight to get to the cruise terminal with.

We did the same thing. We put our 24-pack of water into one of those XXX-Lg ziplock bags, then we duct-taped the whole thing so the water bottles wouldn't fall out the sides or (in case of breakable) ruin anyone's suitcase. We taped a luggage tag right on top, and it was delivered to our door.

Of course, we didn't use all of it. We were on the 10th floor aft, and it was very convenient to run up one flight of stairs to the Windjammer, where they had cold ice water sitting out at the beverage station all the time. If the weather'd been hotter, or if we hadn't been so conveniently located to the buffet, I'm sure we would've used every drop of that water. As it was, we really used it only for shore excursions.

You can take both bottled water and colas onboard. Take a small cooler for them and have your room steward fill it up with ice everyday. The refrigerator in the rooms is not a real refrigerator and will not make your drinks cold.

We are flying in from the west coast. Taking a red eye flight, so we will be arriving very early in Miamii on departure day. Is there anywhere that is not "out of the way" to make a quick stop for a case of bottled water and caffeine free diet soda? This is our first time out of Miami and we're not familiar with the area.

It's a SODA card. Not a WATER card. Flame away, goody two shoes!

And I think that if booze can't be brought on, water and soda should not be allowed, either.

RCCL says booze cannot be brought on, you are allowed to bring on a case of soda or water. I'll be doing both in July. I usually pack a hard-sided suitcase full of bubblewrapped wine we specifically chose to take with us. I'm still deciding if we will do this yet or not this cruise but instead ordering the wine package. But, we will be taping our luggage tags right onto our soda and water without batting an eye and perhaps our wine luggage too LOL

dentalchic - can you let me know if they let you do that? We leave in 3 weeks - if I can take bottled water, problem solved! Thanks!!

Just got back this morning. We had no problem at all bringing on soda and water. We took a luggage tag and stuck it straight across the tops of the cases. They brought it right up to our cabin by 1pm. We didn't try smuggling booze. We had a pretty good size credit to use up. But my tablemates were able to get some on board.

I'll be posting a review soon. But, right now...I've got to go and take a nap :).

Archived