Boat size - Whales watching with kids

Lucy 'n Lenny

Hi,

We're trying to decide on which whale watching excursion to choose in Juneau. We're currently booked on a boat that takes 16 and has a hydrophone to hear the whales (through Princess but I think they've hired Capt Jack).

Alaska Galore Tours has 6 person boats for less $, with the same amount of time on the water.

For two kids, ages 5 and 8, which is better? A small or medium boat? I want to make sure they can see.

Thanks!

P.S. I looked into Harv and Marv and Orcas, but they wouldn't work due to time frame and age limitations.

Hi' date='

We're trying to decide on which whale watching excursion to choose in Juneau. We're currently booked on a boat that takes 16 and has a hydrophone to hear the whales (through Princess but I think they've hired Capt Jack).

Alaska Galore Tours has 6 person boats for less $, with the same amount of time on the water.

For two kids, ages 5 and 8, which is better? A small or medium boat? I want to make sure they can see.

Thanks!

P.S. I looked into Harv and Marv and Orcas, but they wouldn't work due to time frame and age limitations.[/quote']

I think Capt Jacks boat Scania only holds 12 people..You may want to contact him and find out if he is the tour opperator for Princess..

Kelly

Dolphin is usually a ship contractor. Be VERY realistic in what is commonly seen. Blows, backs and tails, expect nothing more. A 5 year old may not be "fast" enough with direction etc. There will likely be little difference in the ability to see with your two choices.

Archived