Anniversary Celebration on Ship

When I made my reservation I chose to celebrate it on our second night. What exactly do they do?

They gave me a 10% discount certificate for the spa.

Make sure that if you go to the dining room often, that you let your waitress know about the upcoming anniversary.

The only night we ate at the dining room was on our 20th anniversary. The waitress wasn't happy that we hadn't been there yet. When my mom asked if they did anything special for anniversaries, the waitress said she should have been told earlier. They did bring a "free dessert"....(the dessert was free anyway) and reluctantly sang to us.

I think, since we hadn't been to the dining room all along, irritated the waitress.

So anyway.....let them (everyone) know as soon as possible.:)

We celebrated ours on splendor in '06 and we bought the decorations. We requested it when we booked. They came to our table too with a slice of cake and sang. The other couples liked it so they requested it for the next night (didn't seem as special when they sang to 3 couples that night at the same time). We also got invited (invitation in our stateroom) to a reception for Newlyweds and anniversaries one night. There was a cake and free drinks (champaign and wine). A band also played so people could dance. None of the couples at our table got an invite so I guess it was because we booked it ahead of time. Not sure if they do this for all cruises. It was great.

Archived