Sheraton Fort Lauderdale Airport Question

Orcrone

I bid $55 (plus service fees) for a 2* Ft. Lauderdale Airport location, hoping to get either the LaQuinta or the Springhill suites. Was upgraded to 3* Sheraton. Not sure if that is good. All have shuttle from airport. However, the other two have shuttle to cruiseport and complementary breakfast, but not the Sheraton. A couple of questions.

For anyone who has stayed here, how is this hotel?

I requested two double beds. They said that they put the request in, but it's too early to tell if it'll be honored. Any experience with more than two to a room here?

How much is a cab to the cruiseport?

If we're without a car, is there anything else around the hotel, i.e. a place for breakfast?

Thanks,

Marc

Is that the Airport Sheraton? It gets good reviews on biddingForTravel, and fairly good marks on TripAdvisor. But it's not particularly close to anything (except the airport, of course) like shopping or restaurants, evidently.
That's what I was afraid of. We're not renting a car, so we'll probably be stuck with their restaurant for breakfast.

I'm also nervous that I won't find out if they can accomodate us with two double beds until we arrive. If it's a king I guess I'll let DW and our two daughters have the bed and I'll get the sofa. We currently have a hotel booked for about $60 more with two double beds that I'll now be cancelling. So if we get stuck with a single bed I guess I deserve to sleep in the doghouse.

My hope is that I would have found out immediately whether we could have two double beds. If not I would have bid on another room and had two rooms and more privacy for about the same cost as one room. Oh well, maybe they'll be able to tell us as the date gets closer.

Marc.. I've used priceline many times. I've never had a problem getting 2 doubles but you never know. I had one incident where they could not guarantee me 2 beds. However, when I arrived I was able to get the request. It depends on how booked they are. A couple of roll-aways will work if they can not accomidate. I personally think the odds are in your favor it will work out since it's noted on your reservation.

I agree with girlinadaydream. The price for a taxi to the pier is about $15 and it's not that far.

Marc,

Did you call the hotel directly to request the two beds? I called the Renaissance right after we booked on Priceline and requested a smoking room.

I requested the two double beds and they noted it on the reservation. However, for some reason she couldn't tell me whether I would get them because my reservation is not until next year. I'm guessing that they'll first give the two double bed rooms to full price paying customers who request them, and we'll get it only if available. I guess that's only fair.

Is the day you are staying there during college spring break? I assume college kids still go to Florida for spring break. If so, you may not get the two doubles, but I will keep my fingers crossed for you!

Kris

Is the day you are staying there during college spring break? I assume college kids still go to Florida for spring break. If so, you may not get the two doubles, but I will keep my fingers crossed for you!

Kris

Appreciate it. I still have to tell DW that I booked a room with Priceline, and we may not have two beds.:eek:

I stayed there last on Starwood points. Nice hotel right next to the airport. Free shuttle from the airport. No free breakfast but breakfast buffet was nice (a little pricey - hey it's a hotel). Took a cab to the pier which is also close.

Lou

I agree, it's an attractive, well maintained hotel...we stayed there last year precruise. I got it again this year on Priceline for $50 the second weekend in December. There are just two of us, so I can't help on the bed situation, but the breakfast buffet was very nice.

Thanks Clopaw and LoudBMW (may I suggest a muffler?):D

Ironically, I looked on Hotwire and it appears I could have booked the same hotel for a few dollars more. However, with Hotwire you can specify 2 adults and 2 children, so the bed situation would not be a concern. Oh well, screwed that one up.:o

What dates are you going to be at the Sheraton. I am at the same place on the night of November 5, 2004, five weeks from now.

Himself

Himself,

I'm not going to be there until March 25. We sail on the Zuiderdam on the 26th.

Archived