Military Discount

Wow, the 1 thing I've missed coming from Carnival is the veteran status discount. 8years 2 months in the Navy, Submarines, I have my DD214 I guess now I have go to the regional VA and get a blue card.

RCCL must have changed their policy in the last year. Last I looked it was retired and active duty only.

I checked our B2B coming up in 2 weeks and no luck for a military discount.

Wow, the 1 thing I've missed coming from Carnival is the veteran status discount. 8years 2 months in the Navy, Submarines, I have my DD214 I guess now I have go to the regional VA and get a blue card.

RCCL must have changed their policy in the last year. Last I looked it was retired and active duty only.

I checked our B2B coming up in 2 weeks and no luck for a military discount.

DD214 is all you need. No need for the card.

Can you use other discounts with the military discount? such as the savings certificates from RC, and balcony discount for platinum?

Yes, you can stack coupons and discounts. If you happen to reach an RCCL Vacation Planner or C&A rep who tells you differently, just ask to speak to their supervisor, or hang up and call again until you reach a rep who has more experience with this.

Some may be newly hired and not familiar with proceedings. Happy cruising. :)

I have successfully combined C&A coupons and Platinum/Diamonds discounts but just a few months ago was denied the combination with the military discount. As stated I called twice, the TA called and I also E-mailed C&A. If you have recently been successful with the military discount could you post who you called. It would be great to be able to get the discount.

Thanks

Bill

DH has DD214, his discharge papers. So, if there is a military discount on any of our cruises he should qualify. Thanks everyone for all of your great information. I'll keep checking. Is there a time frame prior to a cruise when the military discount is offered more often.

Concur: We did get the Plat. & Military rates for Mar. Nav. I have "Robin" noted on 1st copy of invoice but not sure if she did both..think so. That was thru. C&A. I don't see why that is a problem! It was not a one day sale ect.

Royal Caribbean Cruise Line “Military Eligibility”

New Military Rate Program

The new rate program beginning October 2, 2006.

Military Rates will be available on select sailing dates throughout the year.

Be sure to ask for Promotion Codes beginning with (MIL).

PRICE PROGRAM RESTRICTIONS

• At least one qualified guest per stateroom.

• To qualify for a military rate, an individual must be classified as one of the following:

1. Active personnel currently serving in the United States Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines, Coast Guard, National Guard, Reserves or Canadian National Defense. Proper identification in the form of a United States Uniformed Services WHITE Identification Card for U.S. military personnel, and a WHITE N.D.21 Identification Card with a Red Canadian Flag displayed for Canadian National Defense personnel, must be presented at time of check-in.

2. Retired from any of the divisions listed directly above. “Retired” is defined as A) enlisted personnel or officers with a minimum of 20 years of service, B) medically retired, or C) 100% disabled. Proper identification for those classified in category A, or B must be in the form of a United States Uniformed BLUE Identification Card. Proper identification for those classified in category C is a United States Uniformed TAN Identification Card. Retired Canadian National Defense personnel are eligible and must possess the same white card as described above for active personnel. All forms of identification must be presented at time of check-in.

3. Honorably Discharged with a minimum of 20 years of service from any of the United States service divisions listed above. Proper identification in the form of a United States Uniformed BLUE Identification Card must be presented at time of check-in.

• Please note, non-compliance of the restricted price program terms will result in the reservation being re-priced to the lowest available fare for that particular day. Price difference will have to be paid immediately or boarding rights will be denied.

• All guests traveling in the same stateroom are eligible to receive the military rate. No additional staterooms, other than the one that is occupied by the military person is eligible for the military rate. Spouse, parents, in-laws, children or other family members or friends are not eligible for the military rate without the eligible military personnel occupying the stateroom.

I read this to be active or retired or 20 years+, not 4 or 6 or 12.

A: Yes, we do offer special rates on selected sailings for military personnel.

It is important that at least one guest per stateroom be eligible to be considered in compliance with a restricted price program. It is also important to note that non-compliance of the restricted price program terms will result in the reservation being re-priced to the lowest available fare for that particular day. Furthermore, you will be responsible to pay for any differences immediately or else your boarding rights will be denied.

To qualify for a military rate, an individual must be classified as one of the following:

Active personnel currently serving in the Canadian National Defense; United States Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines, Coast Guard, National Guard or Reserves. Proper identification in the form of a United States Uniformed Services WHITE Identification Card for U.S. military personnel, and a WHITE N.D.21 Identification Card with a Red Canadian Flag displayed for Canadian National Defense personnel, must be presented at time of check-in.

Retired from any of the divisions listed directly above. "Retired" is defined as A) enlisted personnel or officers with a minimum of 20 years of service, B) medically retired, or C) 100% disabled. Proper identification for those classified in category A, or B must be in the form of a United States Uniformed BLUE Identification Card. Proper identification for those classified in category C is a United States Uniformed TAN Identification Card. Retired Canadian National Defense personnel are eligible and must possess the same white card as described above for active personnel. All forms of identification must be presented at time of check-in.

Veterans with an Honorable Discharge serving a minimum of 2 years, or 6-months in an active war zone, in any of the United States service divisions listed above. Proper identification in the form of a DD 214, plus a current photo must be presented at time of check-in.

Spouses of actively deployed, or deceased military personnel, are eligible to book one stateroom as long as the eligible spouse is occupying the stateroom. All other guests traveling in the same stateroom are also eligible for the military rate. Spouse must present the PINK Dependent Military ID upon check-in as proof of eligibility.

All guests traveling in the same stateroom are eligible to receive the military rate. No additional staterooms, other than the one that is occupied by the military person is eligible for the military rate. Spouses, parents, in-laws, children or other family members or friends are not eligible for the military rate without the eligible military person occupying the stateroom.

Search FAQs

Need help?

If you're having trouble, you can complete our e-mail form and one of our representatives will contact you.

If you prefer, you can call us directly.

Or you may search this site for more information.

Maybe someone posted this but I did not see it. The fasrest way to find a milatary rate is go to RCI site. Click on advanced serch. Put in the date range you want to go and check the Milatary discount box. All the cruises in that date range with a mil dis will come up. I have noticed last minute milatary Discounts. Last year two week before sailing SOS was under $300 total for 2 people.

DH has DD214, his discharge papers. So, if there is a military discount on any of our cruises he should qualify. Thanks everyone for all of your great information. I'll keep checking. Is there a time frame prior to a cruise when the military discount is offered more often.

Don't really know. we only used it once and saw it about 2 months before the sail date. And yes, we were also allowed to use our Diamond discount.

Sea-cruise and Cruzntom have posted slightly different requirements. I wonder which is most current. And, the requirement of a Vet who served in an active war zone may mean a current war zone, i.e. Iraq or Afghanistan. I guess if I see a military discount available, the best thing is to ask RCL. Thanks everyone for all of your info. j

Veterans with an Honorable Discharge serving a minimum of 2 years, or 6-months in an active war zone, in any of the United States service divisions listed above. Proper identification in the form of a DD 214, plus a current photo must be presented at time of check-in.

This is the main part that changed. It did used to say 20yrs + and blue card required. I am glad RCI got it together and modified their military discount policy. It is more in line with Carnival.

Now, the first thing I'll check when looking for a cruise is to see if there is a military discount.

We need more recognition for the men & women serving our country. Personally I think the next 5-10 years will see more stress on our vet's with injury's trying to meld back into the working force etc. Those are the men & women that are going to need the most assistance. Not necessarily in cruise discount but in compassion and a helping hand.

Here Is The Link to RCCL's web page concerning the military discount. It includes

2 years active or 6 months combat and you're good to go.

We have been sailing a lot of Carnival because of the discount that they give. Last I had checked RCCL was only giving it to Active and Retired.

Have to start checking it out now.

Charlie

• 4 months later...

I sort of fall in between the lines for the discount. Served just under 2 years. Honorable discharge. 60% Disabled as a result of service.

I am not 100% disabled as listed.

Nor did I serve the entire 2 years---due to disability--but don't meet the guidelines.

I have a DD214. I am a disabled veteran.

Linda, no one asked to see the DD214 on check in. You do have that & it says Honorable Discharge. My DH's does not have the # of yrs served written on it, [4 yrs], just the discharge date so I don't see a problem if you're lucky enough to find a sail date that offers a military rate.

Good luck!

Archived