Bottled water on board

Gritsgal

Dear fellow cruisers,

I know that this question has been asked a gazillion times, but just once more for the record...

What is the deal with bottled watter on board? Do we pay extra? What is the going price for a Med. cruise bottle of non carbonated H20?

Can you order them via room service to take on excursions?

Thanks again,

Grits

Dear fellow cruisers,

I know that this question has been asked a gazillion times, but just once more for the record...

What is the deal with bottled watter on board? Do we pay extra? What is the going price for a Med. cruise bottle of non carbonated H20?

Thanks again,

Grits

There is bottled water for sale all over the ship & right by the gangway when leaving the ship for each port. Can't comment on the price as I never buy it. We buy a couple bottles before boarding & just fill them up with the ships perfect water.:)

Jan

Dear fellow cruisers,

Thanks again,

Grits

When we went there were folks selling water near the exits on port days $3 for a large/fat bottle-I forget the brand. We grabbed one every time-what's $3 when you just spent a load of $$$$$ on a cruise??? I am one who doesn't mind paying for water because it's so important. At home I drink from the tap but I found the water in our room disgusting and undrinkable, however the water in the restaurants was wonderful. You can also bring your own bottled water on board.

You will get loads of ppl saying how the water is fine to drink and tastes great, but taste is very subjective.

We didn't cruise Med. but I would imagine the water situation is all pretty similar.

I don't know the exact price but about $3.00 is pretty close. And yes, it will be available everywhere; including the gangway when you go to get off the ship at each port. You can get it at any bar as well and keep it in your room.

The water on the ship is fine to drink. If we're going to a port where the water is "iffy", then we will fill a small container from the tap, and take it. After all, the coffee, tea, lemonade, etc... is all made with the ship's water!

We found a great product called True Lemon. It's little packets of crystallized lemon. We plan on taking our own (refillable) water bottles and drinking the ship's water with some lemon in it.

You can find True Lemon in the aisle that has the Splenda. They also have True Lime.

the water that they sell on the ship is double what you pay here. so, if you need bottled water, buy it before and put it in your checked luggage. the water on the boat is filtered and is great to drink, and as the prev. poster said, all the beverages on the ship are made from this water. this is what i do, bring one large bottle per person in checked luggage and refill. i also bring a nalgene bottle too. the only reason you need a bottle of water is for excursions so you don't get dehyrdated.

When we went there were folks selling water near the exits on port days $3 for a large/fat bottle-I forget the brand. We grabbed one every time-what's $3 when you just spent a load of $$$$$ on a cruise??? I am one who doesn't mind paying for water because it's so important. At home I drink from the tap but I found the water in our room disgusting and undrinkable, however the water in the restaurants was wonderful. You can also bring your own bottled water on board.

You will get loads of ppl saying how the water is fine to drink and tastes great, but taste is very subjective.

We didn't cruise Med. but I would imagine the water situation is all pretty similar.

I agree:)

When I re-use a water bottle or use my water flask from home I don't use the tap water. I use the melted ice water from the pitcher on my desk. If I fill the container up ahead of time, I put it in the fridge overnight so it starts out cold. On our recent Aust/NZ cruise excursions and some others we've taken in other countries, the bus driver had bottled water available free.

Old, thrifty habits die hard for some of us and spending $$ on water when there are alternatives is not something we do. If we weren't so cheap in the first place we wouldn't have the money for cruising, lol.

The tap water is potable, but never cold. I have to put ice in it when I take pills or brush my teeth. Before going to sleep every night I fill a glass with ice and leave it on the counter so it's handy when I get up to go to the bathroom and need a drink. It's melted, but still cold and tastes much better.

If you think of it this way you won't forget it. You pay for bottle water on the ship just like you pay for it at McDonald's, Wendy's, sit down restaurants and grocery stores.

Most ships usually have tables setup with bottles of water to buy in the same area where you will be disembark the ship to go on a tour/shopping.

I find that the tap water on the ships is even better than what we have at home.

We just fill our own bottles before we leave the ship.

Just as I said, water taste is so subjective. I found the tap water horrible compared to what we have at home, where I drink from the tap. Wonder why our room water was so gross, even with ice in it, yet the dining room/WJ water was great. :confused:

Just as I said, water taste is so subjective. I found the tap water horrible compared to what we have at home, where I drink from the tap. Wonder why our room water was so gross, even with ice in it, yet the dining room/WJ water was great. :confused:

They probably have a filter in the kitchen it comes from.

I'm extrememly sensitive to taste of the chemicals in the water, and can hardly ever drink regular water. At home I have a really good Kenmore filter so the water is so good, but on the ships I've been on in the past the water litterally made me sick:(

I'm packing water bottles into my luggage in December!

We have a couple of Britta sports bottles with filters inserted in the tops. I toss these in our suitcases (filled with small packables) and they're there if we want them.They hold somewhat less water because of the filters. If we purchase water we purchase it ashore (being sure the tops haven't been tampered with) where it costs a quarter of what it costs on the ship.

i think most people would be satisfied with the taste of the water on the ship. it's filtered already, probably more that what you drink here. but, if you want to tote pounds of water on your checked luggage, go ahead.......with the increase in fuel prices and airlines being more strict on weight restrictions, it's not something i'd want to do. but, if you must, the brita sports bottles would be a great alternative. i've used those before for drinking water in my college town where the water had a funky taste and they worked great.

On all of my past cruises I have taken a Brita pitcher water filter and used it in my room. It didn't really work that well, the water still tasted awful.

It's like Orlando. If you've been there before, or to WDW, you know what I mean...the filter didn't help there, it was swamp water and nasty. The water on the Maasdam was that bad too.

It might very by ships, hopefully, but I'm not chancing it!

Archived