Carnival increasing fuel charge

Noticed that the current selling price as of 1:20 PM today was $109.25 for oil, it is just a matter of time before all of them kick up the surcharge. National average of gas is supposed to be $3.34 a gallon today.

BTW Pray for our farmers, they have to make a living and we need to eat. At this rate many could go broke and somebody will go hungry. I will cough up the 2 extra bucks if needed, I don't like it, but understand.

Sounds like the $2 increase becomes effective with NEW bookings as of 4/21...Question...What if oil prices drop (small chance)...but what then??

Sounds to me Carnival is trying to recover the $$ lost due to their required refund of past surcharges

Question...What if oil prices drop (small chance)...but what then??

Sounds to me Carnival is trying to recover the $$ lost due to their required refund of past surcharges

Surcharge will be discontinured why price of oil drops below $70 for 30 consecutive days. In other words don't hold your breath.

Probably, why not?

I wonder if they will charge the extra $2.00 pp for those who have current group bookings but have only paid the $25.00 deposit, not the full deposit. From what I have been reading about the refunds I think they might. I have a group cruise booked with only the $25.00 deposit. I don't really care, it will only be $16.00 more (8 night cruise). I expect to pay more for everything with the fuel costs as high as they are.

Surcharge will be discontinured why price of oil drops below $70 for 30 consecutive days. In other words don't hold your breath.

Probably, why not?

Oil will drop...proably not before next spring, but we will se $70 oil again...this is a bubble that burst. As the US economy goes, so will go the Oil Price (And we know where the US economy is headed right now). Americans will stop travelling and start buying more fuel effiecient cars. Demand for Gasoline will drop significantly and inventory supplies will grow.

Oil prices cannot maintain these levels for ever. We won't be able to PAY these prices for ever and prices must come down. Going to hurt pretty bad until then.

BTW Pray for our farmers, they have to make a living and we need to eat. At this rate many could go broke and somebody will go hungry. I will cough up the 2 extra bucks if needed, I don't like it, but understand.

You are so right. I don't like it either, but it is getting to the point, companies Large or small cannot absorb the fuel costs. I know our small company has to pass on the cost to the consumer. We have no choice if we are going to make it. Something has got to be done.

I counld not manage to change the format on the letter so i have typed it exactly as it is written.

Here it is:

Carnival corporation & PLC

April 7 2008

Dear travel Partner,

Because of the continued rapid escalation of fuel prices, six of Carnival Corp. & plc's brands-Carnival cruise lines, Costa cruises, Cunard line, Holland America line, Princess cruises and the Yachts of Seabourn- will increase their current fuel supplement from $5 to $7 (USD) per person per day.

These brands will also implement a fuel supplement on third, fourth and fifth passengers of $2 per person per day.

The new fuel supplements will apply to all new bookings effective April 21, 2008.

The fuel supplement will not exceed $98 per person per voyage for the first and second guests and $28 per person per voyage for the third, fourth and fifth guests in a stateroom.

For bookings made from November 7 2007 to April 20, 2008 the original fuel supplement of $5 per person per day will apply.

We regret having to take this action, but feul price increases have continued and we now find it necessary to implement a modest increase in the supplement.

Please remember that all of your booking made on or before April 20 2008 will not be subjest to the supplement increase. Most importantly, we want to thank you for your business and support for all our brands.

Sincerely,

Bill Harber

Director of Marketing

I really don't think it's that big of a deal anymore. Especially when they notify ahead of time, not like they did in the past. Oil prices are taking its toll on everyone. My Ozarka bill (drinking water) even has a fuel surcharge), and I get billed that monthly.

Noticed that the current selling price as of 1:20 PM today was $109.25 for oil, it is just a matter of time before all of them kick up the surcharge. National average of gas is supposed to be $3.34 a gallon today.

I'd rather send the $2 directly to the farmers.

I

We regret having to take this action, but feul price increases have continued and we now find it necessary to implement a modest increase in the supplement.

Is fuel misspelled on the original? If so thats funny!

Archived