Carnival increasing fuel charge

why don't they just add this fee to the price off the cruise fare? Hike the price a little for new booking and be done with it.

Funny, someone asked this same question to Vicki Freed at a RCI seminar recently. She answered that it would make them seem less competetive with other cruiselines.

I don't really know the answer to all of these extra charges, but the travel industry is certainly starting to take a hit. Extra charges for fuel, luggage and more.

UGH, I just changed my rental car from a van to a standard car for my CA trip. I'm actually paying more for the car because I had the van booked so long ago, but i will more than make up for it in gas fill up.

If you buy more fuel efficient cars and travel less there will not be a surplus of oil.It will just get bought up buy china,India or any other booming economy such as Europe etc..Sorry sky high gas prices are here for ever folks.Next year it will be 125 dollars a barrel.

why don't they just add this fee to the price off the cruise fare? Hike the price a little for new booking and be done with it.

I agree, why don't they? Nobody would ever know the difference.

If you buy more fuel efficient cars and travel less there will not be a surplus of oil.It will just get bought up buy china,India or any other booming economy such as Europe etc..Sorry sky high gas prices are here for ever folks.Next year it will be 125 dollars a barrel.

If you were referring to my post, I was only talking about changing from a gas guzzling rental van to a more economical car, because we are doing a lot of driving on our upcoming trip.

Since you seem to know what the price of gas will be next year, please give me some insight to what the Euro will be next summer, oh and tomorrow's lottery # ;)

BTW, fuel and subject were both spelled wrong on the original. lol

Archived