C&A Platinum Benefits - Call Now

Don't know if this applies if you use a Travel Bookie for your cruise arrangements. (I book my own online through RCCL) I was checking current reservations for price drops and noticed a red-ink notice at the top of the "make a payment" page that said for C&A Platinum members to call 1-888-437-1953 for pre-cruise benefits. I thought to myself "Yeah, right, call in and get the sales pitch for wine packages etc.";)

This afternoon I had some free time so I called in. Gave the nice person my two reservation numbers and she applied a $200.00 discount to each sailing. This is a discount, not an OBC, and is in addition to any other discounts or credits already in effect. Saved $400.00. Not bad for a 10 minute phone call.:D

It applies to balcony staterooms and suites only, not portholes or bat caves.

Don't know if this applies if you use a Travel Bookie for your cruise arrangements. (I book my own online through RCCL) I was checking current reservations for price drops and noticed a red-ink notice at the top of the "make a payment" page that said for C&A Platinum members to call 1-888-437-1953 for pre-cruise benefits. I thought to myself "Yeah, right, call in and get the sales pitch for wine packages etc.";)

This afternoon I had some free time so I called in. Gave the nice person my two reservation numbers and she applied a $200.00 discount to each sailing. This is a discount, not an OBC, and is in addition to any other discounts or credits already in effect. Saved $400.00. Not bad for a 10 minute phone call.:D

It applies to balcony staterooms and suites only, not portholes or bat caves.

Copy and save this for your future use.

These are the benefits that are always available to all of us, for all cruises that we take if a Crown and Anchor member. ;)

These are the newest discounts.

These were posted by CC PBHunt and I trust her to have given us the actual new figures.

These are:

Platinum Balcony discount is,

$50 for 3-5 nights (not days)

$100 for 6-9 nights (not days)

$200 for 10 nights or above (not days)

Diamond and Diamond Plus Balcony discount is,

$100 for 3-5 nights (not days)

$200 for 6-9 nights (not days)

$300 for 10 nights or above (not days)

That is per cabin, not per person.

EDIT:

Maybe you could post your cruises so that others could see what you are talking about. Just in case there is a special thing going on so they can look too. ;) Share the wealth. :D

your travel agent should have known your status and had the discount applied when she booked it. It's not a special program or temporary benefit. When you book, mention your status and if you're getting a balcony or higher stateroom, the reservation agent will apply the discount.

Wow, I had no idea. This is the first time I'd noticed the offer. So you are saying that you can call in everytime for the benefits?

Which two did you just get $200 per cabin off on in case it is a special?

I have never seen this. ("noticed a red-ink notice at the top of the "make a payment" page")

That way other CC's can look them up. ;)

Thanks

The discounts were applied for a Sept 12, 2008 Alaska sailing on the Radiance and an April 12, 2009 transAtlantic sailing on the Independence. The discount was coded P200 on my statement that RCCI sent me after I called in. So, were these the normal Platinum benefits or for these cruises only? I haven't been Platinum that long, so I'm still learning how to work the system.

The discounts were applied for a Sept 12, 2008 Alaska sailing on the Radiance and an April 12, 2009 transAtlantic sailing on the Independence. The discount was coded P200 on my statement that RCCI sent me after I called in. So, were these the normal Platinum benefits or for these cruises only? I haven't been Platinum that long, so I'm still learning how to work the system.

That sounds like the regular Platinum Balcony discount for your cruises. ;)

As I posted above, copy and save that list I posted with the amounts for your future cruises. Always make sure you ask for the discounts. They do not always give it to you automatically. ;)

If you find the C&A coupons on line for your cruise, they are good to use also. You can use both. :D

Even if you talk about the discount with the Rep make sure that it shows when they send your confirmation......they have deglected to put mine on more than once.

Newbie question here. How do you become a C & A memeber? Do you need to join or are you automatically a member after your first cruise with RCCI?

This will be our first cruise on RCCI this coming Sept.

Sorry if some think this was a stupid question :confused:

Newbie question here. How do you become a C & A memeber? Do you need to join or are you automatically a member after your first cruise with RCCI?

You can enroll while onboard your cruise in September. Look for the C&A membership applications in either the C&A lounge or at Guest Relations. You will attain the first level, Gold, after your first completed cruise. :)

Never apologize for asking a question on here. ;)

On Cruise Critic there is no such thing as a stupid question.

We are all here to answer all and every question that anyone asks.

They may have all been asked before and may all be asked again. ;)

And, we will still answer them. :D

NEVER!

But sometimes we give dumb answers! Only kidding, do not be frightened off by someone telling you to go look elsewhere for your answer, ask away!!!

Heck, I am married, almost every question I ask is considered a dumb question by either my wife or my kids!

Archived