Fire Drill in your Wedding Dress

Past brides,

How did you make out with the fire drill before departure? Did you have enough time to change before if you wanted to? How aggravating was the vest over the dress? Did anyone step on your wedding dress while you were lined up?

Future brides,

What are your plans about this? Has anyone asked the WC's if we can kind of "skip" this privately? Or do you think it is possible?

I've been on two cruise so far. The first one was out of Miami. It was HOT and MISERABLE standing in the crowded muster stations. Almost feeling as if you were going to pass out. The second one was out of Tampa. My friend and I attempted to hide out in the room to avoid doing the drill. (When she went on the Destiny a few months before our cruise she was able to get away with..no one checked the rooms.) Well..for us..go figure they were checking. We had to hurry and jump into the bathroom when we heard the stewards coming down the hallways...only to be HOT and MISERABLE again! Adding a huge, puffy wedding dress to this whole scene...yikes!

We probably could have changed before the drill, but I wanted to wear my dress all night. We were also fortunate to be meeting in the dining room, not outside on a deck. The vest over anything is miserable, so putting it over the dress wasn't bad. I did end up taking my veil off though, since it was in the way.

Hello!! Congrats on the upcoming wedding! I wasn't a bride but a bridesmaid...The muster drill was held outside and it was hot and yucky but I think that would have been the case regardless of outfits!! There is no getting out of the saving your life drill..it really was not long and not unbearable..no one stepped on my new SIL dress..people were very mindful..It makes for a funny picture...Only complaint was my jewelry was hooking on the the vest!

they had to be married before we sailed and there was plenty of time to change but like the memeber above..we wanted to stay in the dresses all day! Hope that helps and have a great wedding!!:D

It was annoying. I didn't want to change until after dinner but even if i wanted to, there was definitley no time. We went from our reception, to take pics around the ship and then we had to stop taking pics because it was drill time so we had to basically run back to the room and grab our vests and go. My dress was very big so it was hard getting around and not hitting people with it lol. A couple people stepped on it. We didn't ask if we could skip though, i really doubt we could have. At least the lady who was in charge of our muster station allowed us to sit at a table separte from everyone so we didnt have to go outside on the crowded deck.

It was annoying. I didn't want to change until after dinner but even if i wanted to, there was definitley no time. We went from our reception, to take pics around the ship and then we had to stop taking pics because it was drill time so we had to basically run back to the room and grab our vests and go. My dress was very big so it was hard getting around and not hitting people with it lol. A couple people stepped on it. We didn't ask if we could skip though, i really doubt we could have. At least the lady who was in charge of our muster station allowed us to sit at a table separte from everyone so we didnt have to go outside on the crowded deck.

Hopefully I will get this lucky! I will just cross my fingers that everyone will have just a bit of respect for my situation.

A memory from my first cruise just won't get out of my head...man next to me, tank top shirt, sweat running down his arms, bumping into me...I really don't want to go through that in my wedding dress.

I didn't have a problem with the muster drill at all... my dress was already bustled from the reception, so no one stepped on it. People were nice and a few even took pictures of us, our station was inside - so it wasn't hot. Definitely no time to change, I barely had time to grab the life vest!

I didn't have a problem with the muster drill at all... my dress was already bustled from the reception, so no one stepped on it. People were nice and a few even took pictures of us, our station was inside - so it wasn't hot. Definitely no time to change, I barely had time to grab the life vest!

Man..all this inside stations..i really hope I get as lucky as yall. As far as ppl stepping on my dress...I just have this fear that as I am walking down the stairs some of my dress will be left on the step behind me and someone will step on it. Then of course I would end up diving into the crowd in front of me. I don't want a broken nose or black eye on my wedding day..lol

• 1 month later...

Archived