Alpha Capsule Treatment

Lynnone

For those of you who have had a Alpha Capsule Treatment, please give me any details of your experience. Was it worth it? What was the cost? DH and I are looking at the Well Being Package and trying to decide (justify) whether to go for it or put the extra dollars towards excursions. DH first cruise, my second and we can't wait!

My wife won a three session package on the Volendam last November, which was quite nice as she had always wanted to give it a try. Unfortunately, she is somewhat claustaphobic and even though her head was outside, simply could not handle being enclosed. So, I gave it a try.

Personally, I found it to be very nice. It's a gentle vibration the whole length of your body, along with just enough heat to help you relax. There is a fan that blows air gently on your face as you lay there. They placed a warm damp towel across my eyes as well.

Some general comments.

If you are claustaphobic, you may find it difficult to enjoy it, even with your head exposed.

If you have the ability to really relax, you will feel almost like you are floating. If you can immerse yourself into the soft music playing and truely clear your mind, it is a wonderful experience. I practice self hypnosis so I found the experience delightful.

Some folks probably will not enjoy it, others will. I would say try it one time. You may be pleasantly surprised.

I believe regular sessions were $50 per session (approximately one hour).

Cheers,

If you have the ability to really relax, you will feel almost like you are floating. If you can immerse yourself into the soft music playing and truely clear your mind, it is a wonderful experience.

I'm intrigued, sk8teacher. A question, if I may. What would a woman wear for such a session? Is a bathing suit necessary? Or would a sundress be all right? Shorts/slacks and t-top? :confused:

Thanks for any info you can provide.

We signed up for 4 sessions when we boarded the Noordam recently because they we half price that day. $25 a session. After i used the first one, I told my Dh he was out of luck. I was using them all. There were a few different programs. Relaxation, Pain relief, and a few others. You also have the choice of aromatherapy being used for the cooling air on your face. There are different temps for each program. They were very nice on the Noordam. They set up the program you want, get you earphones with soothing music, put a cool towel across your eyes and your off to dreamland. I wore a bathing suit with a coverup one day and a top with capri pants another day. I loved it. The sessions last 30 minutes.

Hi RuthC, most anything is appropriate! A bathing suit for a woman would certainly work, I wore shorts and a T-shirt so something along that lines would work for a woman as well. As Knitlady said, there are different settings that can be used. As I was recovering from a pulled hamstring that cruise, I elected for relaxation and it really worked for me.

Cheers,

Thanks for the clothing advice. I usually am in a sundress during the day, and rarely bring a suimsuit anymore. But I do have a pair of slacks and/or a pair of shorts with me on cruises.

So I can try this! It sounds divine! :D

Sadly I have not used in in the last several cruises (lack of time) but OMG I love it. It is so relaxing. The first time I used it I got a severe sunburn in the Caribbean and we were on the Westerdam. I did this instead of the massage and loved it. If heat does not bother you (although they can make it cooler) and you are not claustaphobic then this really is extremely relaxing. Hmmmm I might just have to plan to do this on the Amsterdam in 9 weeks :D

Is the capsule difficult to get in and out of? I was thinking that my father would love this treatment for pain. Heck...I would too! :)

It is fairly low, kind of like getting in and out of a standard twin bed. I am quite sure however that they would gladly assist him in using it.

And something else that I forgot to mention, if, once you are in and you feel like you need to get out, simply push on the top from inside and it raises quite easily.

As I am on a computer all day my neck and upper back muscles get quite tense after awhile. I get a monthly massage to help release the tension, and I consider the Alpha Capsule to be almost as good if not as good. If you let it, it can be extremely relaxing.

Cheers,

We returned last week from the Zuiderdam TA to Rome. The package was worth it tenfold. An alpha capsule treatment and one massage for both is included along with monogrammed robes, access to thermal pool & suite(depends on ship as to what is available). Definitely will book the package for next HAL cruise.

richmom, If you don't mind could you tell me the price of the package you purchased. We are going on the Zuiderdam in Nov. and I don't get the same price evertime I call Ship's services. We are doing 10 day Panama Canal.Also which package did you purchase? Thanks

I love the Alpha Capsule! We fly on embarkation day, and 30 minutes in the capsule melts all the stress right away!

dynamed.jpg

"The Alpha Capsule system enlists help from all of your senses for your relaxation, tissue repair and rejuvenation! Computerized and Customized programs are used for Detoxification, Pain relief and Relaxation, Tissue Repair and Rejuvenation, Pre- and Post-Operative Stress Relief, as well as, Weight Loss and Body Contouring. Warm, soothing massage vibration, aromatherapy, and audio program provide the perfect environment to distress, relax, heal and rejuvenate.

The Alpha Capsule™ Multiple Therapy System Cleanses skin and beautifies complexion. It reduces water retentions and helps in Detoxification. The therapies soothe sore muscles, accelerate recovery from exercise or surgery, increase metabolic rate and rejuvenate the entire body systemically."

Archived