fuel refund and obc refund /online TA

extcat

I booked a cruise last summer on the Glory which we enjoyed March 22 through a online TA which we contacted through a site that competes for your business. We were promised OBC of $100 which we did not get on the ship. I have contacted them about that and they said a check would be mailed. Well after 10 days no check yet but I will wait a little longer before bugging them again.

Now about the fuel surcharge refund, we were fully deposited in July so I would expect a refund on that. Has everyone got there refund or or they still coming? I have checked with my credit card to see if it was credited on there but nothing yet. Will it be up to the TA to do this or will Carnival do this?

I would like to get the answer to this before I call them back about the OBC so I can ask about both things.

I dont think anyone has received their refund if they have already cruised. Just the folks who have not yet cruised but will cruise soon have seen the OBC. Carnival says they are working on them by date, so I wouldnt hold my breath for receiving it soon until they get all the cruises upcoming they need to issue OBC for done first.

I was promised a bottle of wine for bookings with a certain online site and didnt get it. Promised I would get a check for it. I had to contact them 3 times over the next month and finally got a check for $10. whooo hooo. not enough for me to buy my own bottle of wine onboard however.

So never used that TA again, but used one who promised $50 OBC but was told too late to apply it so they promised to send me a store card to spend within 2 weeks. Will have been home 2 weeks next Sunday...hope it comes soon. Called once and was told it would automatically be sent.

I think all you can do is not book with them again if they dont give what they promised. hard to hold them to it later after the cruise...but I do keep after them and try.

My TA told me just this morning that my fuel credit will be given back the same way I paid for the cruise (credit card), and they are not making any promises as to when it will take place. I was hoping for OBC, but whatever.

My TA told me just this morning that my fuel credit will be given back the same way I paid for the cruise (credit card), and they are not making any promises as to when it will take place. I was hoping for OBC, but whatever.

I asked my PVP yesterday about my refund. I asked if it could be OBC since my 2 upcoming cruises ( Nov and Dec) are already paid in full. She checked with upper managment and they agreed to give me OBC:) I will get a refund on my Credit card for the one I already took in Feb of this year.

Archived