QM2 so many questions

marle7

Casual dress during the day, are shorts ok?

quote]

We just back from a February 13 day Caribbean cruise on the QM2 and had Queens Grill accomodations. Dress during the day is neat casual and shorts are totally acceptable. Dinner is whatever the dress code of the day indicates with the formal nights being the most special. Most everyone in the QG had either a tux or white dinner jacket. Very few suits and even fewer sport jackets.

Bkfst and lunch in the QG were less formal. Both slacks or neat shorts were totally aceptable and worn by the men. On a previous thread I mentioned that because of an early snorkeling shore excursion I wore a dry bathing suit to bkfst in the QG and the reaction from the folks on the thread was harsh as though I was wearing a T shirt with some obscene phrase. However it was a one time happening and only because of the need to make the shore excursion and no one complained to me.

Also I noticed you had a question about scuba dives and they have them on some of the island shore excursions. If you go on line for your cruise on the Cunard site there is a listing of all the excursions. Once you know what you want to do put in your reservation before you leave as some of the excursions fill up quickly.

Casual dress during the day, are shorts ok?

quote]

We just back from a February 13 day Caribbean cruise on the QM2 and had Queens Grill accomodations. Dress during the day is neat casual and shorts are totally acceptable. Dinner is whatever the dress code of the day indicates with the formal nights being the most special. Most everyone in the QG had either a tux or white dinner jacket. Very few suits and even fewer sport jackets.

Bkfst and lunch in the QG were less formal. Both slacks or neat shorts were totally aceptable and worn by the men. On a previous thread I mentioned that because of an early snorkeling shore excursion I wore a dry bathing suit to bkfst in the QG and the reaction from the folks on the thread was harsh as though I was wearing a T shirt with some obscene phrase. However it was a one time happening and only because of the need to make the shore excursion and no one complained to me.

Also I noticed you had a question about scuba dives and they have them on some of the island shore excursions. If you go on line for your cruise on the Cunard site there is a listing of all the excursions. Once you know what you want to do put in your reservation before you leave as some of the excursions fill up quickly.

Thank you that helps. And my husband will be happy to be able to get in a dive or two. Most of these ports with the exception of Curacao and St. Thomas are new to us, which is also nice.

Nice short. I guess jean shorts are out. Hmm, shopping will be required before this trip. Oh darn.

We both have lots of formal wear as we are required to attend a fair amount of formal functions at home. Now all I need to do is lose a few pounds so I can get into some of them.:D

I think you will enjoy your trip. You are at the back of the ship but it shouldn't be any big deal. You are also actually close to the Queen's Grill lounge (down the elevator to 7 at the back) and the restaurant (much better then our last voyage when we were in 9001. I think that's why I didn't gain so much weight - LOL.

The QG Sun Deck is up on 11 or 12. If you go up to the back of 11, you'll see the signs for it.

You'll get nightly canapes that are quite seafood oriented. So if that's your cup of tea, great but if not, tell your butler no seafood and you'll get a custom made plate each night. I liked that a lot better. We also did a lot of entertaining in our stateroom and your butler will be able to set you up with everything you need - really nice to gather for drinks etc before dinner.

Tell you hubby to pack his tux and enjoy your nights together. As you will read, Cunard is not one of those change after dinner lines so it's nice to walk around the ship and see everyone all dressed up.

Hope you have a great trip!

Morrie

Thanks for this! The penthouses on Deck 9 were available as well, but we thought we'd like to be at the back of the ship. We aren't seafood lovers either so that is a helpful tip.

As for the butler, well, we don't know anyone on this sailing so I can't imagine us throwing any parties, but I guess you never know. Maybe the roll call will get going. We thought about asking our friends to go with us, but we wouldn't be able to dine together because they would definitely not be booking Queen's Grill accomodations, so we didn't suggest it. We never changed after dinner on RCL on formal nights and always felt slightly out of place as so many did, so this will be a nice treat.

The more I read about this ship and line, the more excited I'm getting. November is a long way away!

Archived