Looking for an all day tour from Whittier to ANC

Jridou

We'll be arriving on the Coral Princess on June 16th (monday) at Whittier and our flight doesn't leave ANC until 10 pm (if at all . . . booked on Frontier, yikes!)

We're looking for some kind of all day tour that will drop us off at the airport around 7 pm. (and handle all our luggage) Our party of 6 includes a 3 year old and an 80 year old so that rules out anything *too* active. I'd like to keep the total for the 6 of us under $1000.

Any ideas? Thanks !

I would suggest two rental cars, since your budget would allow it. Gives you WAY more freedom and would make the most of your time. Reserve with Avis, pick up between 8- 8:30am, and be out the 9am tunnel.

I would consider a nice scenic drive to Hatcher Pass and to Independence Mine?? Eklutna Spirit House tour, Musk Ox Farm, plenty to see and do in Anchorage, Native Museum, Hood/Spenard Lake for some float plane watching, Alyeska along the way to Anchorage. Potter's Marsh, etc etc etc. Would have far more options for meals and last minute shopping- consider a stop at the Alaska Wildberry Shop?? The 3 year old would love a look at their chocolate waterfall. :)

Then just drive yourself direct to the airport, after a nice dinner.

thanks for the idea, do you say 2 rental cars because we won't fit in one?

Also, I meant to say $1500, figuring a lot of places have kids rates, that seems like enough to take a fairly decent tour.

Thanks again, Amy

I also recommend the Magic Bus - email Tim with your wants/needs and he will accomodate you. He has scheduled a great day for our party of 9. Also, please report back! :) We are scheduled to use him in August. Have a great trip!

Archived