Goodies from room service

fundayz

OK, maybe I have lived in my little box too long, but I have never had room service in a hotel. This will be my 1st cruise and my honeymoon and it sounds nice. My question is what is you favorite thing / time to order? Also, how long does it take after you order it. I'm thinking there will be times when we don't want to leave the cabin and just order room service.

Since I don't usually eat dinner until 8 or 8:30, I like to order a margarita with some appetizers around 5:30 or 6 to tide me over until dinner. Unfortunately, the appetizers on the Princess room service menus are trays meant for about 6 to 8 people and you have to pay for them, unlike HAL room service, but it's still a nice treat.

Actually, the room service menu isn't very glamourous. Just continental breakfast items, the usual sandwiches and salads and desserts. And of course, soft drinks and hard drinks.

But what the heck.....you're on your honeymoon! Everything will be perfect for you both, I'm sure.

Oh......room service! It's one of my favorite things on a cruise!!

Most mornings we have wonderful little pastries and a fruit plate with our coffee. If I remember correctly, we've had scrambled eggs and bacon, too. It's just so nice to have a slow start to the day.

We also love a little snack in the late afternoon (we always have late dinner seating) of cheese and fruit. The chicken wings are great, too!

We order breakfast the evening before...there's a little menu card you hang on your cabin door and tell them the time you'd like it. They always call before they bring it to your room.

Afternoon snack comes within 30 minutes or so...sometimes even less time if they're not busy.

Congratulations on your upcoming marriage! Have a wonderful cruise!! You'll love it!

Oh.....sorry! I truly thought I was on the Royal Caribbean board! Just found my mistake when I read the post ahead of mine. We must have posted at the same time. I have never cruised on Princess. Sorry!

We use room service mainly for breakfast when we don't want to go to one of the restaurants or when we have an early excursion. If you fill out the door hanger, your breakfast will arrive within a few minutes of the time you specified. When ordering by phone, 30 minutes max has been our experience.

For lunch or dinner, we usually make a quick run up to Horizon Court or Caribe Cafe to load up and bring it back to our room for a party on our balcony. The selection is much better than room service and you can pick and choose what you want.

Congratulations on your marriage! You'll have a wonderful time on your first cruise.

Lew

The croissants are fabulous! We order a dozen between us for breakfast and have them on the balcony with our morning coffee. If any are left over, we gobble them up over the afternoon. Not many are left over...;)

My favorite thing to order is pastries and croissants in the morning with coffee and juice. We too are ones that run up to the buffet and bring something down to snack on the balcony or to have a full breakfast. Just pick what you want and then place another plate over the top as a cover to take to the room.

Unfortunately the room service on Princess is very VERY limited. Continental breakfast, couple of salads, sandwiches and burgers with fries, couple of desserts - that's it. It gets old really fast and I wish they would expand it.

Unfortunately the room service on Princess is very VERY limited. Continental breakfast, couple of salads, sandwiches and burgers with fries, couple of desserts - that's it. It gets old really fast and I wish they would expand it.

Is there a charge for room service food or do we just tip $2-$3 upon arrival?

Is there a charge for room service food or do we just tip $2-$3 upon arrival?

No charge for what you order from the regular room service menu. They do have a section that is listed with pricing, these are over and above the regular room service items.

Our favorites (on our honeymoon on the CB last year) were the club sandwich, chicken caesar salad, fries and flan for dessert. Sometimes we would just order flan! I hear the cookies are good too, we'll be sure to try them on our upcoming cruise and report back. :)

We tip, and we just stuff a bunch of 1 dollar bills in a drawer and pull out when we call room service. That way we are ready. Don't need to open the safe or anything.

Their are priced special items. You can actually order those before the cruise. Our last cruise, in advance I ordered Guacamole and chips. They were in our room when we arrived. Really nice snack.

We tip, and we just stuff a bunch of 1 dollar bills in a drawer and pull out when we call room service. That way we are ready. Don't need to open the safe or anything.

Their are priced special items. You can actually order those before the cruise. Our last cruise, in advance I ordered Guacamole and chips. They were in our room when we arrived. Really nice snack.

We always get the Guacamole and tortilla chips...so good!:D along with cold beers and Caesars!!

Fundayz, another option you may want to look at is the Ultimate Balcony dining ( if you've booked a balcony). Great food and its really quite romantic. Charge is $100/ per couple and worth every penny in my opinion. Looking forward to doing it again during my honeymoon cruise.

Congratulations and enjoy!!

I agree, the room service menu is VERY limited on Princess. Some ships the Chicken Ceasar is really good, other ships it isn't. There isn't much on it anymore that even interests us. It would be nice to see them do a bit of revamping it occasionally.

The Guacamole and tortilla chips are good, but those are also offered on the buffet quite often. One of those things, why pay for it when you can get it for no extra charge? I would love to see room service offer a few things you can't really get anywhere else onboard regularly. Or at least something a little more interesting to the taste buds.

Don't forget the ultimate balcony breakfeast !!! It is like a 4-5 course meal with small bottle of champayne (sp?). Our kids ordered it for us on our anniversary Tahaitian Princess cruise, it was wonderful, way too much food. Bring plastic storage bags with you to store leftovers in your fridge.

Congratulations on your upcoming wedding ! We are 40 years married and still going strong.

Do they really have wings on the room service menu,,may not have to leave the cabin,,HAHAHA

i week TOTO :))))))))

Wings, NOPE no wings, just a Ceasar with grilled chicken strips.

You two have a lovely time and enjoy your cruise, as I know you will Suzan! :D :D Only problem I can see, WE WON'T BE WITH YOU! :o :o

I agree, on the longer cruises the dining room gets old quick and I would just want something in the room but the selection was quite boring and got old quick.

DD likes there fries:D :D

Archived