Is is just me...

want2travelbad

or when you see a ship named Costa Fortuna does it make you think "Cost a fortune", as in this ship cost a gosh darn wad of cash to build?

The feature ship review on CC's home page today is the Costa Fortuna, and every time I read that term, I just burst into laughter. Obviously I understand that the above is not what the ship stands for, but I have to think that the name invokes a meaning it is not intended to. It must not have crossed the minds of the brainiacs who have the job of naming ships.

Sorry to bust in on all you Costa fans with my strange observation. Never been on the Costa board before!

[quote name='want2travelbad']It must not have crossed the minds of the brainiacs who have the job of naming ships.[/QUOTE]It probably helps that they were most likely thinking in Italian at the time.

But try saying "cost a fortune" with an Italian accent - "cost-a-for-[i]toon[/i]-a" :) .

[quote name='CruisinMatt']Well, in my humble life, that ship DID cost a fortune! ;)[/QUOTE]
The Cruise Directors on Costa joke about the Fortuna name too. Can't imagine that it didn't cost a fortune and then some!

• 3 weeks later...
We think they did a poor job of naming the ship but if you consider the market it was built for then they might of done a great job of naming the ship. As one poster said Fortuna is the god of luck.

Try to remember all ships are not built for the American market.

I promise you in Europe "Fortuna" is probably an excellant name for a ship.

Just my thoughts.

Don

Archived