Wife and Kids Watch Glory Leave!

hurls88

My wife grew up in Merritt Island FL and her family still lives up there. She is visiting so she took the kids to watch the Glory depart from the Port. My wife explained to my daughter that we will be going on it in 3 Months exactly from today. My 5 year old was so excited that she called me and said we just watched our ship leave and she saw the big slide. I said are you going to ride it and she said not today Daddy in 3 months. I said OK. Then she said when we go these people will have to get off. I then explained to her how it comes back and leaves every Saturday. Kinda funny.

It is good that she is excited at such a young age.

She has been on one cruise and it was the Maiden Voyage of the Freedom of the Seas. My son said it looked small and that is because he has been on FOS only also.

I am excited and I didn't even get to see it leave :p ! I think it is really cute that you kids love this obsession already. It is the best vacation every.

We sail her in less than 70 days and if I could watch her pull out and return every week, I would.:D

I am excited and I didn't even get to see it leave :p ! I think it is really cute that you kids love this obsession already. It is the best vacation every.

We sail her in less than 70 days and if I could watch her pull out and return every week, I would.:D

Me too. When I booked it and told my daughter the first thing she asked was will they make the Towel animals with chocolate eyes.

It certainly makes you want to hug a kid doesn't it?? I am putting my nieces face in that story (she's not cruising, but she the kid I think of when it comes to little girls) and it makes me miss her so much!!!

Also makes oyu even more excited for the cruise!!!!

It certainly makes you want to hug a kid doesn't it?? I am putting my nieces face in that story (she's not cruising, but she the kid I think of when it comes to little girls) and it makes me miss her so much!!!

Also makes oyu even more excited for the cruise!!!!

Yes it does. I bet your Marriage cruise will be great.

My kids hang out in our back yard to watch the Fantasy pass by on the river. I never fail to get goosebumps when I catch a glimpse. My parents built a two story house one block behind us, between us and the river - prior to that I could watch the ships pass while standing at my kitchen sink. The first time I saw the Conquest pass, I nearly cried, lol!

I remember the first sailing out of NOLA after Katrina - WAY too much time without a ship had passed, and we were all so anxious for that first sailing. My kids happened to see the ship and came running into the house yelling for me - we all went out and got on the trampoline to get a good view, and we were literally clapping and cheering like goofballs. That's a moment I will never forget :)

My kids hang out in our back yard to watch the Fantasy pass by on the river. I never fail to get goosebumps when I catch a glimpse. My parents built a two story house one block behind us, between us and the river - prior to that I could watch the ships pass while standing at my kitchen sink. The first time I saw the Conquest pass, I nearly cried, lol!

I remember the first sailing out of NOLA after Katrina - WAY too much time without a ship had passed, and we were all so anxious for that first sailing. My kids happened to see the ship and came running into the house yelling for me - we all went out and got on the trampoline to get a good view, and we were literally clapping and cheering like goofballs. That's a moment I will never forget :)

Thats great

We sail on Glory in four weeks and can hardly wait to be one of those on the ship as it leaves PC. This will be our 2nd cruise on Glory - our favorite ship:)

What do you like most? Have Kids?

What a nice story, thank god, when I saw the title of the thread I thought you were on the ship and your wife and kids had missed sail off!

LOL. What do you do? Cruise on or get off?

I work in the Patrick AFB control tower. I get to watch all the ships come and go to PC. The Glory is over the horizon now but Disney is still in sight but not for much longer. I think its a curse because I always want to be on them!

Torture

DW and I, DD (16) and her friend are leaveing on the Miracle this Thursday.

Its the first cruise for both girls. When we first booked they were interested and of course they wanted to go, but you know teens , they are too cool to show excitement *LOL*

Well its actually like re living our first cruise all over again through them . As we are getting closer , the girls excitement is growing and they are chomping at the bit. :)

I think it might have something to do with shopping for new clothes *LOL*

Torture

Hi, I saw your signature on another thread and your name caught my eye. My maiden name is Hurley :) You wouldn't happen to have relatives in Missouri would you? My grandfather was the youngest of 12 kids and had some family in FL, although I am not sure where exactly. Just wondering, it's not a very common name.

:)

When we sailed out of New Orleans we LOVED how many people came down to the river to wave and run and scream and even honk horns. Now thats a send off! Karon

Archived