What to wear to dinner????

Outofhere

My DH and I will be on the Serenade of the Seas the week of June 7th. I know during the day you need to dress in layers but for dinner - other than formal nights - we're unsure if we need to bring mainly long sleeve shirts, sweaters or blouses or if we'd be comfortable in short sleeves. Deciding on what to bring is driving us nuts.

For an Alaskan cruise, especially, I would take long sleeved clothing for dinner. The dining rooms and theater, for after dinner entertainment, are sometimes cool on Caribbean cruises. I always bring a light weight jacket or sweater for night wear.

Alaska is beautiful! Enjoy your cruise!

No matter where am cruising whether Caribbean, the Med or Alaska, I ALWAYS am prepared with a wrap of some sort....sweater, jacket,pashmina because I am ALWAYS cold on the ship. Maybe it is just me.

For an Alaskan cruise, especially, I would take long sleeved clothing for dinner. The dining rooms and theater, for after dinner entertainment, are sometimes cool on Caribbean cruises. I always bring a light weight jacket or sweater for night wear.

Alaska is beautiful! Enjoy your cruise!

Thank you. I can't wait. It's my dream vacation. I was planning on bring a light jacket or wrap for dinner. My husband was concerned about whether he should bring just long sleeve shirts. We always overpack and he didn't want to bring both, if it wasn't necessary.

Chances are you will want to go out of deck during the evening if the weather is nice but it will be cool - sometimes quite cool. I usually wore something with long sleeves to dinner and wore or took a jacket to wear if I went out on deck to watch the sunset at 11 PM!:eek: I have found the dining room and theater too warm on most cruises so I don't dress too warmly.

Thank you for asking this question! My husband and I usually bring all tropical dress for dinner on all of our cruises. This time he is bringing mostly long sleeve dress shirts. I am bringing long sleeve shirts and skirts. My formal dresses are also long sleeved. I thought we would look pretty funny if we took our usual cruise clothes for the carribean! Very excited to see Alaska in 4 weeks on the Star Princess!

Archived